[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: google home.png (124KB, 512x512px)
google home.png
124KB, 512x512px
I got one of these at my work's christmas party and immediately went to a store to return it. Did I make the right decision?
>>
>>58129851
I would have kept it.

Seems interesting enough to keep for free but not enough to buy at it's current price
>>
>>58129851
Nope.
Even though /g/ memes about >muh privacy so fucking much, these things are going to make our lives so much more convenient in the future.
>>
>>58129851
Yes. Now get yourself a Amazon Echo to take advantage of the money you got back.
>>
>returning a botnet
>good choice
sure
>>
>>58129851
>Did I make the right decision?
Yes
>>
>>58129867

fuck off. i have had disabled siri on my iphone 4s 5 and 6. literally zero use except for maybe reading a text when i was riding a bike once.
>>
>>58129887
>not using Siri for her Wolfram Alpha knowledge
cuck
>>
>got something as a gift from work
>guaranteed you wouldn't have gotten the receipt with it and would have had no idea where it was purchased from
>implying any store would accept something like this back without a receipt or even proof it was bought there
>inb4 THEY LEFT THE LABEL ON THE BOX SO I KNEW WHERE IT WAS FROM! THEY ACCEPTED IT BECAUSE IM A VERY NICE CHARISMATIC WOMAN~!
>>
>>58129964
I don't know where are you from, but at least around here you can ask for your item to come with a return voucher, which is not the same as a receipt, it's only a piece of paper that states certain something was purchased at a certain place. It doesn't say the price (though of course you find out at the store if you decide to return it).

Pretty useful stuff.
>>
>>58129964
I went to Best Buy and my boss bought it from there, they had a receipt on file. Walmart takes receiptless stuff for store credit too afaik.
>>
File: 1474970679446.gif (2MB, 369x345px) Image search: [Google]
1474970679446.gif
2MB, 369x345px
>in the near future your house will have a personality and will talk to you

I don't give a fuck about botnet. I just like the idea of those servants so much.

I was watching a bitch streaming last week and she had amazon echo and made things so comfy
>>
>>58130108
In the not-so-distant future (~15-25 years) we'll have fully autonomous localized robots capable of having conversations with us if they were actual people and willing to act out every sexually fetish you could ever hope.

In the slighty-futher-off-future (~25-40 years) we'll be able to actually enter fully customized virtual worlds a la Second Life and actually interact with other people as if we were living in Skyrim, Fallout, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Lords of the Rings, Ender's Game, whatever you could ever hope.

As much as I just have a general disdain for my life and what I expect my personal future to work out to be I could not be more excited for the idea of being able to live in a completely lifelike world as if I actually existed in my favorite books (or anime). Yes, I am a loser.
>>
>>
>>58129887
its useful for people who drive. If you live in Europa you may not, but good voice control is very useful to me.

Siri is a much bigger cunt than google maps girl though. Apple got the jump on the voice control game and still couldn't make it happen. It's impossible to get what you want outside of a limited set of use cases, and without tons of google search and voice data, Siri can't do dick with more obscure words, like band names.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.