[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have zero experience and no college. Should I get A+ and try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1481747703586.jpg (74KB, 653x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481747703586.jpg
74KB, 653x500px
I have zero experience and no college. Should I get A+ and try to get a geeksquad job?
>>
>>58124519
Someone has to bag the groceries, anon and it isn't going to be me.
>>
>>58124519
Those burgers aren't gonna flip themselves.
>>
>>58124519

Do what I did, go to community college. I had zero income so the Pell Grant paid for my entire tuition each year.

I got a internship between semesters at one of the Big 4 because they feel bad for community college students (SJW shit) and recruit a decent amount out of them now.

Obviously only got my associates, but with that and my CCNA, Security+, A+, etc. I got whole doing the course I got hired quick. Won't make as much as the CS grads do, but you won't be poor either.
>>
>>58124519

desu being an ARA makes some solid cash at geek squad and it's ez as hell. when you don't feel like doing any work you can outsource it with Agent Johnny Utah and have some pajeet do the work for you remotely lmao
>>
>>58124609
What are the big 4?
>>
>>58124642
I'm assuming it's Amazon, Facebook, Google & Microsoft.
>>
>>58124519
A+ and Sec+ (people following the military's lead recently) have some worth. A lot of entry level positions will just toss your resume if you don't have an A+
>>
>>58124801
Just got my security +. In my opinion every IT manager should have to have that cert. With how dependent business are on IT infrastructure they should all be required to know this stuff.
>>
>>58124801

>A lot of entry level positions will just toss your resume if you don't have an A+

HR will toss your resume if you don't have A+ (at least my experience in my company). We got into a heated argument with them regarding this.Had an HR manager that had been hiring in IT for years (with no actual hands on IT experience) that said they MUST have it. So we ended up with a bunch of underqualified applicants that had no experience, a bachelors in some meme degree (information systems management) but look they have an A+ cert! Meanwhile all these guys applying with 5+ years experience, CS degrees, scripting/programming skills, higher level certs etc. were just tossed in the trash. As an interviewer, we can tell pretty quick if you are clueless as to how install a hard drive or something along those lines (if you are applying for tier 1 support, datacenter tech position etc.)
>>
>>58124559
>>Those burgers aren't gonna flip themselves.
actually they will

http://www.businessinsider.com/momentum-machines-is-hiring-2016-6
> The prototype could replace two to three full-time line cooks, saving a fast-food restaurant up to $90,000 a year in training, salaries, and overhead costs, tech blog Xconomy reported after catching a live demo.

>"Our device isn't meant to make employees more efficient," Momentum Machines cofounder Alexandros Vardakostas told Xconomy in 2012. "It's meant to completely obviate them."
>>
>>58125155
Lmao hopefully fast food places will be completely automated and only have a technician there to fix them when they need maintenance
>>
A+ is nice but not enough, I would get network+ and security+. It will be months of hard reading/understanding but totally worth it in the end.
>>
>>58125325
I was looking at it and I could probably do A+ with no studying and sec+ with some studying in the later chapters.
>>
>>58125368
>I was looking at it and I could probably do A+ with no studying and sec+ with some studying in the later chapters.
lmfao, no. These tests tests are harder than you think.
>>
>>58125387
A+ does not seem hard at all
>>
>>58124519
GeekSquad often asks for degrees or work field experience. you get a huge leg up if you start on the sales floor and get buddy buddy with the GS team lead.
>>
>>58125266
i dont think humans are ready for the cultural shift.

people already get great pleasure shitting on others for not being as successful/Lucky as they are. their perception of their own position in the world is viewed through the ego of a 2 year old. Now imagine 10's of thousands of people no longer having work, social programs not being up to the task, education not having the capacity to retrain people, and the inevitable group that simply cant do what the system now requires. We should know people are shit, we are going to let them suffer for progress and people leaving them behind so a burger gets to the sliding door 2 seconds faster.

i also want everything to get automated, but i doubt it will lead to a Utopia... id put my money on greater inequality and a permanent underclass.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.