[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a good link (or torrent/magnet link for a Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: xp.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
xp.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
Anyone have a good link (or torrent/magnet link for a Windows XP 32-bit ISO? My T43 is currently running Lubuntu 16.04, and it works like a charm, but I'd like to dual boot it with Windows to play around on the comfiest yet somewhat "modernish" OS ever released. Yes I knew Windows 2000's comfy factor is actually probably higher, but I hardly remember all that much from my Windows experience before XP, besides dicking around on 98 and diddling with ME, which wasn't that bad from my personal experience, which includes lots of Solitaire and Harry Potter.

From what I read online, Windows 7 kind of sort of works on 1.6Ghz Pentium M's with 2GB RAM, but the T43's ATI GPU doesn't exactly have a driver for Windows 7 from the looks of things. There's a vista driver, but I doubt it'd work on 7. The basic Microsoft published driver for the GPU will run the native 1400x1050 resolution, but will obviously not have a lot of important features as the ATI published one, so Windows XP it is. I plan to install the unofficial service pack 4 on it so that I can get some POSReady-directed security updates on it 'till 2019, along with other fixes.

Also general Windows XP and POSReady thread. Post anything XP, including your experiences installing it and using it in the past year or two.
>>
>>58122747
Just download POSReady 2009 from microsoft.com
>>
>>58122764
Actual POSReady seems too stripped down to me, judging from my use of it in a VM to sync my ipod from Debian on my T520. Also I don't want to run into compatibility troubles with shitty pajeet programs that I might want to install on the computer, that somehow detect that the OS is POSReady and decide to shit itself.
>>
>>58122812

You want Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs

The image on Piratebay is legitimate, and includes a serial. Yes, a serial, not a crack.

It's not available for download (anymore) from Microsoft.com, and was only available to companies that have site licenses for XP or 2000.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4918360/Windows_Fundamentals_for_Legacy_PCs

Every piece of software that I know detects it as XP.
>>
This iso is legit

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4535425/Windows_XP_Professional_SP3_-_Activated

Download it and apply SP4 afterwards

No need to memeready 2009
>>
>>58123772
Nutella hates him
>>
>>58122812
When programs check the OS it reports XP Pro SP3.
>>
>>58122747
>vista driver, but I doubt it'd work on 7
It will. Vista drivers are compatible all the way up to 10.
>>
>>58126385
Not necessarily. On my laptop the Windows 7 driver is buggy as shit with Windows 8.
>>
>>58126434
Weird. I never tried with Vista drivers, but a 7 driver from Nvidia (from 2014) works just fine on 10.
>>
File: 1396499492753.png (101KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1396499492753.png
101KB, 1280x800px
>>58126460
Yeah, this randomly happens. Moving shit around fixes it where the mouse was so you fix it by just scribbling the cursor across the screen, sometimes it happens repeatedly and the level of distortion varies.
>>
File: Program Manager.png (40KB, 393x557px) Image search: [Google]
Program Manager.png
40KB, 393x557px
>>58126696
Try 7 without desktop composition.
>>
>>58126928
>>58126946
I don't run Windows on it anymore and even if I did it's a touchscreen laptop so I'd rather have the glitches and Windows 8
>>
>>58127007
Thouchscreen works fine on 7 too. You have to enable PC Tablet input tools.
>>
>>58122747
http://files.denisio.ru/iso/win-xp/

Get the third or fourth one listed here.
>>
>>58127194
I know it does but Windows 8's better for it
>>
>>58122875
FLP takes regular -640- VLKs
>>58122747
Try WES7
>>
>>58127274
I don't know about 8, but 7 and 10 seem the same in terms of touch screen support.
>>
>>58127410
I mean 8's UI is better, with Metro and all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.