[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Projectors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 51tsjyuM4OL._SL1000_.jpg (46KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51tsjyuM4OL._SL1000_.jpg
46KB, 1000x1000px
I want to buy a projector for a home theater. I don't want to spend more than $200 on the projector and $100 on the screen. Is this a decent budget, or will it look like shit?

It doesn't have to be 4k or anything, I just want to be able to project movies and video games in 1080p

Here's one I was looking at
https://www.amazon.com/iRulu-Projector-Lumens-Cinema-Display/dp/B01EAB9A28/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1482368755&sr=8-3&keywords=projector
>>
And I haven't really thought about audio yet, but if anyone has relatively cheap suggestions that'd be dope
>>
>>58115007
1080p projectors start at $400.
you always have to read the fine print with projectors.
>native resolution.

Resolution (dpi): 800x480, support 1080P, Projection screen size: 32-200 inches, Color: 16.7K

>800x480
>Color: 16.7K
>>
>>58115106
Damn, good catch, I guess I'll have to save up a little more.

Also, if anyone here has their own projector, are they pretty much only usable in completely dark rooms?
>>
>>58115173
yes only dark rooms, otherwise get a tv
>>
>>58115007
I spent approx $1000 for a lg pf1500 1080p LED projector and 120" silver ticket screen and couldn't be happier.

Yes, 4k is cool, but 1080p looks fine and not that much 4k content is out.

I had a 720p projector for the 10 years previous and loved it as well.

I don't ever go to the movies since buying a projector

Things to keep in mind about projectors:

they are noisy, have fans that cool the bulbs
they need to be somewhere you can control the light coming into the room. It doesn't have to be pitch black, but you need to be able to darken the room for the best picture.

Placement, ceiling mount is best, you can buy a cheap ceiling mount for about $20, getting the cabling & power set up with ceiling mount is a pain and hard to get it to look good, but worth it.
Also projectors have to be mounted at X feet away to get a Y sized screen. If you plan on putting one in a room, you should check the online calculators for screen throw to see about placement for the projector model you are interested in.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm
>>
>>58115007
>>58115173
>Is this a decent budget, or will it look like shit?

Don't even bother unless you can spend $800 for projector + screen. And yes you need it in a dark room. Add another $80 for blackout curtains.
>>
File: if7tVZa.jpg (403KB, 1830x928px) Image search: [Google]
if7tVZa.jpg
403KB, 1830x928px
>>58115007
Its going to cost a lot but man is it worth it.

Projector: Viewsonic PJD7820HD: $600

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-PJD7820HD-Projector-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00BBM0664/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482372106&sr=1-1&keywords=viewsonic+pjd7820

Replacement model is now: https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-PJD7720HD-Lumens-Theater-Projector/dp/B01EAPUHYY

Reciever: Denon AVR-S510BT: $230
Speakers: Monoprice 8251, $70
Subwoofer: JBL SP150, $80
Speaker Wire: $20

HDMI Switch (good model, the cheap one sucked ass): $40
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V2DA4360

Screen - Wall is good enough, will eventually buy 4'x8' backer board at home depot and paint with projector paint: 2 x 4'x8' backer boards for 20 bucks, Paint for 30 bucks. I'd paint the wall but i rent.

Curtains: Target Blackout Curtains - $8 per curtain, 6 curtains needed.

So just over 1000 dollars for a whole setup.
>>
I've used the following with my projector
special paint on white wall
curtain blackout cloth
$200 silver ticket 120" screen.

all of them work well. I do like my framed 120" screen though. It also is probably the best for making sure the screen is as bright as possible. I like to keep the projector on low to keep fan noise down.
>>
does anyone have any experience with the dell 1610hd? out of the few reviews i could find for it one said it had quite bad rainbow artifacts while the others made no mention of it.
>>
I've never seen a "proper" projector setup, basically just shitty setups in school and after that at work. How are the black levels on these things? Does the image actually end up having good contrast?
>>
>>58116598
better than my tn panel monitors. dark souls is a lot of fun playing in the living room vs the pc.
>>
>>58115896
>not 5.1
>>
>>58116809
you mean not yet.

shit costs money.
>>
>>58115896
>Denon AVR-S510BT
why the hdmi switch ?
I have that same receiver and it works great as a hdmi switch for my projector.
I only have 4 hdmi devices though.
>>
>>58115007
Honestly senpai the amount of investment isn't worth it. Just get a TV and you'll get better quality of product for money and you won't need to replace bulbs and etc
>>
>>58117087
replacing bulbs sucks and will cost you over $100 even for cheap non OEM bulbs. OEM bulbs can cost up to $300. bulbs last 2,000 to 3,000 hours

my LED projector is good for 30,000 hours. should hold me until 4k projectors are under $1000.
>>
>>58116949
The receiver only exists to drive the speakers and to split the audio and video signal from the sources coming in.

The hdmi switch automatically changes the input signal based on which devices are turned on. PC has the lowest priority so if nothing else is on, its broadcasting to the receiver. This lets me use subsonic in jukebox mode to send audio to my living room from my phone. If i want to play the wii u, all i have to do is turn it on. I never have to touch the receiver. When i turn it off, the tv switches back to the input source.

I bought this specific switch because the 10 dollar ones were bugging out and causing display errors.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.