[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux Data Recovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: datarecovery.jpg (167KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
datarecovery.jpg
167KB, 425x282px
Hey /g/ I need something that can recover data from hard drives anyone got any suggestions besides morpheusarch linux.
>>
>>58111190
bump
>>
>>58111190
Testdisk/Photorec

Make an image of the hard drive and recover from the image. It keeps you from fucking up the original.
>>
>>58111822
This works most of the time.
>>
>>58111822
That linux distro morpheus arch comes with testdisk and photorec installed do I need that as a live iso first?
>>
>>58111822
This.
And yes, you need a live system to image the disk. Ideally you should use a read only adapter, but those are not widely available and expensive. Then run photorec on the image. Do _not_ run photorec inside the system you are trying to recover. You might overwrite the data you're trying to recover or fuck up in some other way.
>>
related question, i had an external 2TB drive that died and will only repeatedly click on powerup. it's been sitting in my closet for about a year and a half. other than paying out the ass for a clean room data recovery, do i have any hope of temporarily getting it working to recover the data? i'm guessing not and it's most likely fucked. i've heard about tricks like putting it in the freezer and shit like to try to get the heads moving.
>>
>>58111190
Ddrescue, Google it. Pair that with foremost to easily see what you can recover.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.