[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1464438694216.jpg (54KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1464438694216.jpg
54KB, 604x604px
>Install windows 10
>No network drivers so need to use another computer to get the drivers.
>Update takes forever.
>Install the drivers from windows update.
>No sound.
>Search the driver from the manufacturer's site.
>Ok, no problem.
>Suspiciously high storage drive usage.
>Processes using high amount of resources for no reason.
>Forced updates, give up trying to customize it because the updates sets the defaults again.
>No more possibility to know what are the updates about.
>Error messages are not useful.
>Must uninstall crap often but gets installed again.
>Cannot disable cortana.
>Pretty obvious i don't control my OS.
>Read MS privacy statement.
>Fuck this shit.
>Install windows 7.
>No drivers, must hunt them this time.
>mfw i read that MS is issuing updates that backports W1's bullshit to windows 7.
>mfw i must use third party programs and be careful with the updates to protect myself from my own software provider.
>>
>>58108711
2/2
>At some moment got interested into looking for other software providers.
>Don't want to buy hardware and hackingtosh seems a fucking hassle so don't care about apple for the moment.
>Download ubuntu mate installation media.
>Try to boot but get black screen.
>Literally first google result tells me how to start with nomodeset and how to install the proprietary nvidia drivers.
>Proceed to install.
>reboot.
>Start again with nomodeset.
>Update OS (extremely fast compared to windows) and install nvidia drivers from a GUI.
>reboot.
>mfw everything works, no need to search for drivers.
>discovers dolphin, youtube-dl, clementine, playonlinux, kdenlive, krita, etc.
>Comfy as fuck.
>Discover my previous MS office documents don't work fine always.
>Read about the problem and discovers MS issued an standard they don't respect and no one know how it got approved something like that.
>Around half of my steam games are not avilable on linux.
>Read about it and discover how closed technologies can work as lock-in mechanism.
>mfw going back to windows would be like begging to be mistreated.
>mfw i would be actively supporting to make worse this situation.
>nope
>Use my computer normally but try to save my documents in open formats when possible to avoid being locked out from them and try to reward those developers who uses a multi-platform approach.
>>
Try WPS office, it clones MS office really well. Also, Wine.
>>
>>58108799
oh, that's what i'm actually doing now. I avoid creating documents in MSO formats because i always want to be the owner of my documents so i use ODF when possible.

- My first option is to use Libreoffice, if i need to share the document i use PDF and it has the big advantage i can carry a portable version of LO so i can edit my documents everywhere.
- If i need to collaborate in a document i always recommend google docs to that person, it's usually much better than receiving an MSO document because i can see the changes in real time.
- My last options for those who depend heavily on MSO formats (fortunately it's not often because most have a gmail account) is to use MSO in wine.

At this point i don't feel any need to use windows for office tasks in general.
>>
If you absolutely MUST use Windows, run it in a VM. And if your tasks require a lot of resources, use GPU Passthrough (if your CPU supports it).
>>
I ain't reading that shit lad

Now I want to unsubscribe from your blog
>>
File: 1458617369219.gif (898KB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
1458617369219.gif
898KB, 316x195px
>>58109021
>Now I want to unsubscribe from your blog
You can't, you're stuck here forever.
>>
File: 2b3.jpg (42KB, 419x640px) Image search: [Google]
2b3.jpg
42KB, 419x640px
>be op
>have outdated hardware
>its microsofts fault

windows 10 is shitty but try harder
>>
>>58108981
>>58108799
vbox xp office2010 mustardrace
>>
File: nou.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nou.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>58109107
>its microsofts fault
>try harder
orly have we forgotten how much it was forced down pretty much everyones throut
>>
>>58109107
This post is funny because you're using exactly the same tactic winfags use to attack linux users.
>If something dosen't work on linux is fault of the whole platform.
>If something does't work on linux is fault of that specific piece of hardware or software but never fault of windows.
If i use the winfag logic i can say: "you're the reason why windows phone and windows server will never be relevant".
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58108711
I had a similar experience with the intel graphics drivers on my laptop.
>Bought a new laptop (Came with win10 originally, but mine had no OS installed)
>Installed windows 10 and drivers from manufacturer
>can't dim or brighten screen
>research indicates bug is fixed in latest intel drivers
>latest drivers wont install unless I remove current drivers
>uninstall current drivers, but win10 reinstalls them in the background, and an older version at that
>Literally can't update graphics drivers without rebooting into safe mode
I don't need this shit from you microsoft, especially when most of the games i want in 2016 are on linux anyway, and all of my other work is platform-agnostic

Installed fedora and everything works OOTB.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.