[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm using KeePassX to store my passwords, is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: KeePassXLogo.png (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
KeePassXLogo.png
78KB, 600x600px
If I'm using KeePassX to store my passwords, is there anything I can do to access those passwords on another computer? Do I just install it on that computer too?
>>
>>58101407
Have you tried not being mentally retarded?
>>
>>58101462
Seems a bit too difficult. It's there any easier way?
>>
>>58101559
I store it in google drive, I have a strong password and enabled key stretching so I'm not that worried.
>>
>>58101407
Put it in the "cloud"
>>
>>58101590
But muh botnet. Even with those approaches is the cloud secure enough?
>>
>>58101625
Even if someone got access to my database, it would take eons to bruteforce. If you're that paranoid run your own server with Owncloud/Nextcloud
>>
>>58101663
Thanks, I'll try this out.
>>
>>58101407
assuming you're nervous about using ~THE CLOUD~, i have a portable installation of keepass2 on a thumb drive that i just carry around, not sure if keepassx has a portable version but it's an option to think about

i also have a backup copy on my phone because my workplace doesn't allow us to use password managers on the computers, but it's a pain in the ass to manually transcribe 20 to 30-character long passwords off my phone
>>
>>58102122
>his passwords are only 30 characters long
It's like you like cyber rape or something.

On a more serious note, I looked into it, and the USB thing doesn't work for Mac, only Windows. I think I'll be holding it on a private cloud, like the anon above said.

Changing topics, what are the security flaws of holding all your passwords on a text file on a USB you carry around, besides someone getting access to the USB?
>>
>>58101663
It's rude to have passwords that takes tens of thousands of years to brute force. You are wasting government resources
>>
>>58101407
I have keepass portable on a thumbdrive and the encrypted file on OneDrive
>>
>>58103508
I think you're joking but I have this growing feeling that you're not.
>>
>>58101407
I have a portable .exe to run keypassX on my USB along with my database
>>
>>58103508
I lold
>>
>>581033322
Because its on a flash drive ill assume youll be using multiple computers. Youll have to be 10001% none are infected at all, for every computer you use. Also passwords are a barrier for the low level malicious hacker so if you get malware (will do eventually) you dont have to worry much if they copied your passwords over asap they have access to your computer until you enter in your masterpassword. you will have to guard it and never leave your sight but humans will make the mistake and youll lose every account given you put every account on there from the theif at your work or coffeeshop
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.