[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is electron the most retarded technology of the century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

> Embed a whole fucking browser to run your app
>>
>>58097040
>whole fucking browser

Except that it isn't.

So I wish developers would just support all three major platforms with any software that they create natively so we didn't need it? Yes.

Do I think developers are going to do that or would I rather not have a client at all for a specific tool than have an Electron based one? No.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>58097308
>So I wish developers would just support all three major platforms with any software that they create natively so we didn't need it? Yes.
Did you have an aneurysm anon? Need some water or something?
>>
>>58097308
It's literally fucking blink.

You know, a fucking HTML RENDERING ENGINE.

Yeah it has basic window extensions, notifications and more, but it's still JUST FUCKING BLINK.
>>
File: 1481712535620.png (728KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1481712535620.png
728KB, 1165x1075px
>>58097040
Why care?
PC's are power full today and there is not a reason to care about a hundred megabyte of app.
Internet is fast, PC is fast, app is fast even at a lot of memory
>>
>>58097308
>So I wish developers would just support all three major platforms with any software that they create natively so we didn't need it? Yes.

What's really said about this is that if you think about it before hand and choose the right tools, it's fucking trivial to target Mac/Win/Linux from a single code base.

But nooo...let's fuck our code up with an embedded browser and use the single most inefficient stack in existence: html/css/js.

Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>58097308

> I can't write portable code: The post.
>>
>>58097439
>t. Pajeet

You are cancer and everything that is wrong with modern computing.
>>
>>58097439

Lets push memory leaks into the main release as well. Who cares? There's much memory avaliable :D
>>
>>58097470
>>58097499
Why is it so bad?
How would it work for salaries if all is written from assembly?
Why care for nonexistant speed up's that is only seen in benchmarks but in the real app is not?
>>
Yes, forcing me to download 400MB of Qt libraries is much better.
>>
>>58097548

>nonexistant speed up

Atom is the biggest garbage built using electron and can't even handle a big file without hang
>>
>>58097362
Because I hit "S" instead of "D" to start a sentence? Clearly head trauma.

>>58097373
The issue in OP was the word "whole". It's an incredibly stripped down, as you said, HTML rendering engine. Not a "whole fucking browser".

>>58097457
I can't, but I'm not a developer. The problem is employers. If your employer wants you to write their program in a certain language and not waste time supporting other platforms with specific bugs and whatnot, you can't do it. It has nothing to do with the individual coder's skill.
>>
>>58097362
Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?
>>
>>58097040
I was going to say no, but then I read their site.

>Build cross platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS

Yeah, that's called an .htm file, you fucking retards.
>>
File: lol.png (285KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
285KB, 512x512px
>irrelevant loser opinions
>>
>>58097997

That's a problem with Atom, not with Electron. Visual Studio Code is much better and runs on the same stack.

It's still no Sublime Text, but what is.
>>
>>58098049
HTML rendering engine is about 90% of what you need to be a browser
>>
>>58097040
Yes
>>
>>58097585
Atom uses literally 300mb ram while idle
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.