[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: keepass.png (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
keepass.png
18KB, 128x128px
Have any of you tried Bitcoin Mining, and is it worth it?

Do you have to be a mathmatician for it? Also why does the more computer power matter?
>>
>>58094301
>is it worth it
no
>>
>>58094319
this
It's too late unless you got a 100k setup to mine BTC
>>
>>58094301
Buttcoin mining isn't profitable unless you have mad dosh already.
Said money being used to build a huge ASIC server farm since it is the only way to make any money.

More to the point, the reason you can't make money on small setups is because the power you will be burning through will cost you way more than the gains from Buttcoins.
Sure, you could mine if you want to. You'll not get a decent return off that single coin for years, if ever.

Unless you gave totally renewable power, don't waste time.
Just buy them with real money and watch those fucking charts like a hawk for the ups and downs.
>>
>>58094365
So I thought it is about solving math problems? How come someone with more processing power can beat someone with a math degree?
>>
>>58094386
your setup will do math, lots of it really fast
a human could never compete
>>
>>58094420
but if i solve for x I can plug it in the database to get infinite bitconins?
>>
>>58094301
>is it worth it?

Only if you get all the equipment for free and live somewhere with cheap electricity. The only people who can earn money on it are people who have massive warehouses filled with bitcoin mining equipment that they already have gotten their moneys worth years ago.
>>
>>58094420
>>58094596
So essentially, its nothing about how smart you are, its just how good of a set you have? So you could literally have a warehouse and just sit at home all day and the money will rake in?
>>
>>58094786
Yes, but only if you already have it. I am pretty sure it is impossible to buy equipment and a warehouse and be able to make money on it, no matter how much you start with. The equipment and electricity wont pay back in your lifetime. But if you already have paid for all the equipment and the massive warehouse full of it and maybe you own a powerplant to run the whole thing then it might still give you a slight profit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.