[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tempered glass + glue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: what-is-tempered-glass1.jpg (74KB, 943x525px) Image search: [Google]
what-is-tempered-glass1.jpg
74KB, 943x525px
> have a Note 4
> typical "3D glass" which is fucking horrible for any kind of tempered glass protector - nothing fits properly

Is there a simple glue for glass-glass that I can remove with force, without excessive heat, or with alcohol / or any other trick?

I thought I could apply a very thin layer of glue around the very edge of the phone to keep the protector in place. Because it just comes off after some time - given that the adhesive they come with is just too weak.

I had a good protector that fit perfectly and had good adhesive, but don't know where I ordered it from. IIRC it was also very expensive.
>>
>>58058571
>tempered glass
>shatter proof
>>
>>58058571
no case, no screen protector, no tempered glass
feels good
why people are such a pussies with their devices?
>>
>>58059364
I just have my screen protector just for when I get too many scratches I just swap it out
>>
>>58059319
its bullshit chink marketing, it's literally a cut piece of glass.

>>58059364
> use phone with no protector
> "fuck it, I wont scratch it anyway, muh gorilla (gl)ass"
> few months pass
> pick up phone
> it's got scratches on the display

It's the worst feeling.
I broke the phone in half and then used insurance to replace it. Call me an autistic fuck but using a broken/scratched screen is just fucking disgusting.

Also, that's not the problem here, if I wanted to put a condom on it, I could. Just asking if I could use some glass.
>>
>>58059445
*glass = glue
>>
>>58059436
>>58059445
Don't put your phone in your pocket with coins or keys. I have been using my phone naked for 3 months and there are no scratches at all.
You get scratches from day 1 if you are using a screen protector, but the worst part is that the image quality is horrid if you leave a shitty plastic on your screen. I just can't stand it.
Never tried the tempered glass maybe it's better in that aspect.
>>
>>58059508
Keys and coins don't scratch it.
Sand does, however.
Which can be in your pocket, in your jacket, in a holster, in your car, on a desk. Literally anywhere, and you can't even see it.

It's just luck.

Tempered glass does NOT affect display quality by any means. It is simply a hardened piece of glass, with adhesive. That's it. Like having a second glass.

That's why people prefer it, because it's not shiny, it does not feel weird, it does not affect the screen, the touch, nothing. It's just there to protect the screen.

Now my problem is ...see my OP post, that my phone has this gay edge, that no glass can stick to. I just don't know if there is a glue for glass-glass - and which would come off if I want to.
>>
File: gasthekikes.jpg (44KB, 644x627px) Image search: [Google]
gasthekikes.jpg
44KB, 644x627px
>>58059560
(Again if you have a normal display, you have no hassle. Order one, put it on, call it a day.

But, 3D screens and Edge screens suck.

3D: S3, Note 4.
Edge: S6 Edge, S7 Edge, Note Edge.

> pic related
It's what you should use for 3D/Edge models. It's a "full glass protector". Now as I mentioned, I have such, but the adhesive is just not enough. And these cost more than simple tempered glasses, so I can't just order 15 kinds from eBay and end up wasting 100$ on useless crap.)
>>
>>58059583
That's why you don't get the edge meme
>>
>>58060294
I bought the S3 and the Note 4, neither of them are "edge".

But, I would still buy the S7 Edge IF I had to pick between the normal version and the Edge. The Edge just has so much more juice, it makes no sense to pick the normal one.

(Yeah, let's ignore the fact that the Note 7 and S7 Edge uses the same battery and more and more S7 Edge's are starting to burn down....)
>>
Tempered glass is fine. I have one crack in my protector that didn't make it down to the actual glass on the screen. Pretty much does what it says.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.