[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this belongs in a stupid questions thread or not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161217_224953.jpg (46KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161217_224953.jpg
46KB, 960x956px
Not sure if this belongs in a stupid questions thread or not but here it goes.

I'm building a PC and I'd like it to be hooked up to the internet by Ethernet. We already have an existing PC in a different room that is connected to the router by Ethernet. My room is too far away to run an Ethernet cable all the way from the room with the router to my room, and there are no wall socket Ethernet ports in my room. How do I get the fast and reliable internet speed of Ethernet to my PC given my situation?

If you need any questions answered to further asses the situation please ask; I'll answer them very quickly.

Thanks in advance for any advice/solutions.
>>
Use a switch
>>
>>58056220

https://www.amazon.com/MUTP5E-50PKB-Ethernet-Cable-Internet-Routers/dp/B0016897GS

your welcome
>>
>>58056220
Find long enough cable, or >>58056227, or become your own ISP.
>>
>>58056242
I thought of this and I've already got a super long Ethernet cable; the only issue is that I'd have to run it through a hallway and two doorways, making them impossible to close. Either that or run it through the walls. Maybe I'll have to look into that.
>>58056227
>>58056247
What does "use a switch" mean?
>>
>>58056266
A network switch bro.
>>
>>58056220
Use a powerline adapter
>>
>>58056266
you could tape it along the bottom of the wall, should have plenty of room to run it underneath doors. whoever you live with probably wont appreciate it, but meh.
>>
>>58056322
I'm afraid this might be the most viable option. Thanks a lot.
>>
I had the same issue, now I use a powerline adapter and it works perfectly !!! able to play games perfectly fine and everything
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.