[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these will die first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 7

File: faceoff.jpg (29KB, 693x269px) Image search: [Google]
faceoff.jpg
29KB, 693x269px
>>
Definitely Facebook, and soon after, Microsoft. Google and Amazon already have the entire industry by it's balls, and Apple will be around forever because muh iphone
>>
>>58045648
Facebook is too strong.
Apple might choose to go cheap and just keep the logo and produce shit.
Facebook will die 1st<apple<M$<Google<Amazon
>>
Facebook, then Amazon, Google will buy Apple and Microsoft will buy India.
>>
>>58045648
>muh iphone
Why do you assume that iPhone will be a strong brand in 10 years?
>>
Facebook. China alone has a social network with 70% as many users as facebook. Oh, and Facebook wants to break speech rights just to get into the chinese market. One day all this is going to come back to them.
2. Microsoft. Most of their smartest engineers are old now, and they simply are not the hottest attraction for modern talent now.
3. Apple is a religious cult at this point. Which is bad, because we haven't seen many religions die in the past 1000 years. They also have the most money.
4. Amazon. Their rapid expansion strategy will stagnate at one point. They also don't treat their employees well.
5. Big brother.. I mean Google. They made search profitable, which means they have absolute monopoly on it. Bing? They exist sorely because there has to be competition, not because they are serious about this.
>>
File: sketch1481678808391.png (360KB, 2000x720px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1481678808391.png
360KB, 2000x720px
Apple, their marketshare has been steadily fallen in mobile and computer market share.

Not only this but the brand itself is now literally associated with homosexuality, something most people see as a horrifying taboo.

Most people depend way too much on amazon, microsoft, and facebook for getting work done and entertainment so I can see them still being relevant for a few more decades.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites
Theoretically, Google+ has more users than Facebook. Facebook is first.
>>
Facebook relies on a trend so they will die first.
Then Microsoft as they rely on software for which there are free alternatives.
Amazon and Apple will stay dtrong as they sell real products.
Google keeps innovating so they can just change their business model if needed so they remain as well.
>>
Microdick will die first, they're not fashionable enough for normies and too behind the times for anyone who actually cares

Facebook the social media platform will die, young people see it as the old people website

Google is immortal

Amazon might become immortal, once drones replace human workers in the first world their biggest issue in the eyes of most people (overworking drivers/warehouse workers) would be gone

Apple might get smaller but they'll be around for as long as their cult exists
>>
>>58045648
Apple probably

Wait 5 years and for the reactions of the poor fools who bought their current line up. They will be loud.

>what is swap in a 2000 dollar device due to 8 GB RAM
>what is SSD wear
>>
Facebook and Google will die first.

After 2020 elections and ruling court laws about human privacy and selling personal data to advertisers. Courts are going to shut this down as the feminazy crazyness continues.

Apple can still manufacture niche shit for centuries.
Microsoft windows and office too stronk, they could stay afloat on that alone, but probably are going to innovate cloud tech even further.

Amazon is the true immortal here.
>>
Facebook, then Apple.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook, It is an easily replaceable fad service.
>>
Hopefully faceshit, the rest at least offer useful things, facebook is pure useful garbage.
>>
File: 1481815017278.png (704KB, 2015x2204px) Image search: [Google]
1481815017278.png
704KB, 2015x2204px
>>58045832
I guess you have point. They whole ecosystem rely on iphone and if they make a samsung-tier mistake a whole year will be fucked not to mention their shares will be toilet paper in no time.
>>
Facebook->Apple->Google->Amazon->Microsoft

That said we're looking at decades before any of them start dying unless some major unpredictable fuckup happens like Microsoft running an underground pedo ring or something.
>>
>>58045766
>Facebook is too strong.
It's really not. What would be left if everyone decided to abandon their account en masse?
>>
Apple has been on a steady decline and their stock shares show that.
Or MS because YOTL.
>>
>>58046510
That will never happen, for every grown man that deletes his account, 2 stupid teens sign up, and those will never delete theirs.
>>
>>58046116
>Not fashionable enough for normies
>xbox
>>
>>58046585
>teens
>facebook
>2017

wew gramps
>>
Facebook then apple then microsoft

Japanese NEETs will keep amazon alive, and you will never get rid of the botnet that is google
>>
None of them will technically die, they'll move in to other sectors and rebrand and whatever else long before that happens. Which name will die first though, definitely facebook.
>>
>>58046585
bullshit
>>
>>58046600
>Being this retarded
>>
>>58046663
He is right. Most of new members of facebook are +30.
>>
>>58045648
apple
>>
I can't decide between Apple or Microsoft.
Microsoft seems the weaker in the consumer market but it's as strong as ever in the business one (almost every running business has Active Directory / Exchange and legacy applications on Windows Server).
That said, "legacy" can keep you alive only for so much.

Amazon has taken CISCO out of the cloud market yesterday, and I doubt other competitors will keep up much longer. I think only Google Cloud is a competitor big enough to threaten Amazon, but then again Google is shit with customer service and a B2B without proper customer service is worth nothing (see the horror stories about startups who lost all their data because someone DMCA'd the fuck out of their Google cloud accounts and Google just ignored them)

Google and Facebook are "too big to die" in the literal sense. Users depend on them for even doing trivial tasks (they handle 99% of people's communication, organization, document, sstorage, …).
The sheer amount of data they have would make any other company crap so much money to even get a glimpse into it.
Unlike Yahoo who did nothing during the birth of Gmail, Google and Facebook have infiltrated our lives in many aspects, and there just can't be a single fresh company that can make them outdated in all of them.
At least not within, say, 10 years.
>>
>>58045648
In order of most likely to least:

Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Google
>>
>>58046585

All tweens use snapchant to send pics of their genitals to each other.

Fagbook is just sort of there for messaging.
>>
How is Microsoft gonna fall? What about OS? What about office? Outlook? Biztalk for fucks sake
>>
>>58047133
They can fall on the IBM level if not lower if the intel can't innovate. ARM could be their escape route, but their developers don't ported their shit to RT and the x86 emulation is a giant overhead, don't mention SaaS which can lower the barrier of the platform independence to zero.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook for sure

https://read.reddy.today/read/9/facebook-will-collapse-soon-smart-investors-should-prepare-their-exit
>>
>>58047296

MS won't fall but windows is as good as dead. They're already scrambling to port all their good shit to other platofrms like VS, Net and office. Keeping windows as more of a server OS for their cloud shit.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook.
>>
>>58047503
>VS, Net and office
I won't call that porting. 2 mockup and an opened core which is literally kill after J#.
Powershell and MS SQL is ported everything else is a meme.
>>
Facebook will die first. It is hard to imagine that many young people today (<13 years) will sign up for an account. As soon as the majority of its users leave (either by death or by people forgetting about it) advertisers pull out. It either becomes niche or crumbles.
>>
Facebook.

Google is not going anywhere.
Apple is just Apple. They're just going to ride the wave until they die off. Unless they really innovate. We'll see.
Amazon is spreading out to other ventures. Such as Amazon Go and while it is great, it's not unbeatable. Due to the evolution of technology, a lot of things are becoming like Amazon now. It'll either have a lot more competition than it already does or there will be so much that it'll just be another online store. Instead of the standout giant it is now.
Microsoft is getting back on track, but since Windows 8 it's just wanted to be Apple+. Unlikely to work out, but probably won't be a disaster.

Facebook is going to die first just due to the social media bubble about to burst. MySpace was unbeatable until Facebook came around. Facebook is the new MySpace. Remember that. At one point we thought MySpace was untouchable too. Facebook has made too many wrong decisions. The foundation was awful and the userbase even worse. People use it just for the sake of it. It's just been getting worse and worse. All these pointless features no one wants. It forgot what its purpose was. It's trying to be everything. All it takes is for someone that does it right to come by and Facebook is done.

Look at things like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram... Twitter... Even Vine, which failed, but still. People are running away in droves. Fuck sake, Facebook had to buy WhatsApp and Instagram just because they were killing them on both sides. People just use Facebook to keep in touch and message each other. With like a little profile feature built in. Not a big deal. Clearly, you can see that Facebook can be disrupted. If it focused on the foundation, it wouldn't have to worry so much.

Plus, Facebook doesn't offer anything better than the competition anyways at this point. The only benefit of it is that there's a 99% chance the person you want to find will be on there. That's all.
>>
File: 1441751500326.png (49KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1441751500326.png
49KB, 256x256px
>>58047977
Apple and innovation... My sides!
>>
>>58047963
That's true. I forgot about that.

Is it cool? I asked.
"Is it cool" she repeated.
"Yeah, do you think Facebook is cool?" I asked.
"Haha. No. No definitely not." Then her friend grabbed her by the hand and pulled her away. "Good luck on your article!" she shouted over her shoulder.

Not only are young people not signing up for it, but it's starting to build a reputation for itself. Teenagers, whether you like it or not, decide what's popular. Or at least they help things get a big push. Certainly not 30-something adults doing it. YouTube was pointless until teenagers came by. MySpace was too. Instagram was just pictures with filters. Facebook was popular because teenagers wanted to be more mature and adult.

Facebook is just a boring dad-type website now. There's no coolness to it. And there's no purpose of it due to the design. It became too serious for its own good. It's like one point off from being LinkedIn at this point. But places like Snapchat are for the hip cool kids. They even advertise that way.

>Life's more fun when you live in the moment :) Happy Snapping!

A fucking smiley face...

>>58048097
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true.
>>
>>58048143
It's not about liking. Everything they did was a copycat. Since their cult leader is dead they have to do something useful, but can't come up with any original aside messing with their users with audio jack and USB-C. The android market share still increase, so they should be more careful.
>>
>>58045832
It's been the same since 2006 and still going strong. Why would it change within the next ten years?
>>
>>58047977
>Facebook is the new MySpace
Yeah, no dumbass. Facebook has already long outlived MySpace. And MySpace was literally a dumb internet project, Facebook is a corporation that actually conducts a lot of interesting research in ML and other areas.

https://research.fb.com/
>>
>>58045899

>Apple
> the brand itself is now literally associated with homosexuality, something most people see as a horrifying taboo.

Do you live in 1920s Arkansas?
>>
>>58048299
Yin yang, left right, man and woman.

If that's too much for your mactoddler brain, then I'm sorry.
>>
Video of steve jobs explaining why apple will fail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
>>
Facebook
>>
>>58048329

Holy christ I never thought of it that way but your reference to a chink religion and two directions have changed my way of thinking what an incredible argument.

Same sex relationships have been becoming increasingly normalized in western culture. I can't speak for your perspective if you live in Literally Where but for proper western civilization, it's completely normal and is more accepted now than ever before. There's absolutely no indicator that this trend is going to stop, so it's a non-argument to say that Apple is going to fail because people in your CompSci class think they're gay.
>>
>>58048410
western culture != western news
>>
>>58048410
>Same sex relationships have been becoming increasingly normalized in western culture.
Yes, it's cancer. Mike Pence please save us.
>>
>>58045648
Google will create the singularity to consume us and Amazon will just buy Mars and make it super comfy for the survivors to retire too.
Sure, well have to resort to shitty search engines like duck duck go, but we'll be safe.
>>
>>58048292
>We find that people who use Facebook live longer than people who don’t.

https://research.fb.com/

Sources: Facebook.com

Yes, dumbass, great research.
>>
>>58047421
>value that litterally lock people in.
>litterally
dropped
>>
>>58045648
according to the Lindy theory it will be Facebook, in 2028

followed by Google (2034), Amazon (2038), Apple (2056), and finally, Microsoft (2057)
>>
>>58045648
1. Fagbook is already dying. They are hated by everyone because of their endless greed for user data and they are unable to innovate. Social media networks are just a meme.
2. Applel will die soon thanks to their courage. Their phones are as bad as ever, their notebooks have massive issues which are unfixable and their OSes are below poo in loo tier. The size of their trusty cult is crumbling as their eyes are being opened by the repercussions of the death of their cancerous messiah.
3. Microcock will lose their precious winbaby userbase once the year of the Linux desktop arrives thanks to systemd, wayland and vulkan. Nobody is taking them seriously in the mobile sector and businesses all around the world are already transitioning to free software solutions.
4. Amazon probably won't die, but this depends on their success with their expansion into automated delivery via drones and their IT infrastructure.
5. Google is innovative, everyone depends on them and they are the good guys, even though they are as greedy for user data as fagbook and applel. They are immortal.
>>
>>58046600
wait what? Are teens using something else?
>>
>>58049623
snapchat, tinder, whatsapp and instagram

I started hating whatsapp with a passion because the first few years I could have so fucking illegal profile pics, then parents and boss started having it which took all the fun out of it
>>
>>58049623
You stay away from them, pedo. No, they use facebook.
>>
>>58045686
Apple will be the second to die, they're making too many stupid decisions recently.
They're only surviving currently because their products are thought of as stylish / cool to own.
Blackberry was exactly the same at one point, and look where they are now.
>>
>people unironically saying Microsoft

They have a iron grip on business and gaming.

They aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>58049623
I'm 19 so I guess I still technically count but people haven't been using facebook as their main social media for probably about 4 years now, in the UK at least.
Everyone uses instragram, twitter and snapchat now, and whatsapp for messaging.
People still use facebook messenger and everyone has facebook accounts, but no on really posts much anymore. My timeline is just people sharing links/posts and being tagged in pictures.
I got off the social media train when facebook stared dying. I never posted anything on facebook anyway and I couldn't care less about sharing my life with random "friends" I hardly ever speak to.
I use whatsapp for talking to my actual friends, and rarely use snapchat. I only go it because my friends made me get it to send me stuff. Couldn't care less about posting or viewing stories or any of that crap. Plenty of my friends love documenting every little thing that happens in their life using snapchat stories though...
>>
>>58045828
This.
>>
Amazon. Theyre competing with everyone and only really have good cloud offerings at this point. Their prices are too high.
>>
Facebook, no doubt about it. Every other company contributes at least something of use.
>>
>>58045648
facebook is already on the ropes. i could see amazon going down eventually, but not any time soon. google, apple, and microsoft will outlive us all, assuming they don't just merge outright
>>
>>58046593

PS4 is the normie console of this gen, dude. Xbone is for fanboys only.
>>
Facebook, people are drawn to whatever is the most trendy platform. No social media service has ever been able to hold its own forever.

I think both Microsoft and Apple will take some hits. Even normalfags are realizing Apple is stupid with the blatant adapter port jewing they are doing, removing the jack, and the new MBP. Microsoft will always be around, but there has definitely been a number of people who either went to Linux or Mac with the way the spying bullshit has happened.

Google and Amazon are too big, and they both have perfected what they do. Google knows everything about you, but people don't see it like that. What do they see? A free email with storage, an entirely free office suite that saves documents automatically, and on top of that to your account storage so you don't ever have to worry about losing things again. Cool, I can use my account to send alerts to remember things on my phone too? Oh shit, my android is linked to my email and I never have to leave the ecosystem??? Amazing

it is so good that they fail to realize the privacy implications that are there. To be honest, I don't blame the normies for this one. It really is a good package considering its all free, but no one will stop to consider that they in turn are the product, as with most "free" business models

Amazon is simply too big and convenient to go away either. Sometimes even same day shipping will happen, and you can order food now. That Amazon Go Food marketplace will likely become very popular as well. Still, people fail to realize that they are doing with amazon (worker treatment, both white and blue collar. also the tor developer keyboard incident.)

>tfw too intelligent
>>
>>58049874
Nice blog. Where can I read more about your life? Would you like sharing your snapchat account here?
>>
>>58045648
Facebook for sure
>>
>>58048271
You have no idea how much has changed in the last ten years
>>
>>58048639
Yeah dude it was all a lie you got them

https://research.fb.com/publications/
>>
>>58046481
this
>>58049623
snapchat, facebook is for my aunt
>>
Like everyone has said. Facebook goes first. Then Amazon because they are barely profitable as it is. Google and Microsoft will be around for a hot minute. Google because they're a search/ad powerhouse and Microsoft because they're everywhere. The amount of old systems they maintain for corporations, banks, and governments is insane. So even if they develop nothing new they can coast on that for many years.
>>
>>58051677
Thanks anon! My sc is petersmith97, feel free to add me if you want :)

I also have a blog over on tumblr under the same username where I post my doodles and give thoughts on life as well as regular updates on anything interesting happening.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook, then Microsoft, then Amazon, then Apple, then Google.

Facebook is shit and is just waiting to be replaced. Microsoft is clinging onto legacy relevance but the fact is most consumers don't even use a PC anymore outside of work. Amazon is going to get its ass kicked as soon as a competent competitor with financial backing enters the market, they already became extremely sloppy on a lot of things. Apple has lost their ability to innovate and is constantly behind the curve in technology, they probably have a few decades at most. Google is almost immune to public scrutiny and by far the most dangerous.
>>
Everyone in this thread is focusing on consumer products these companies offer and it shows how little you know. MS has a massive business presence, while their income from windows and some other useless consumer facing things is declining, their cloud/B2B stuff is growing massively. Amazon AWS practically powers half the internet. These companies will be around forever since they are so entrenched in the business side of things. The first to go will be Facebook or Google, since they make the vast majority of their money off consumers. If the iPhone doesn't stay trendy, there goes 50% of all of Apple's revenue.
>>
>>58053838
>inb4 apple buys all of them

i would freak the fuck out honestly
>>
>>58052137
I have to say this,, google is almost immortal.
>>
>>58045899
which windows? because i'm finally sick enough of windows 10's shit to downgrade back to 7.
>>
>>58054593
not if mircosoft improves bing and creates a mobile os
>>
>>58045648
they'll never die.

if they ever are really hurting their shit will split up and be bought/ absorbed
>>
>>58048410
Wat? You do know, just because the mainstream media constantly pushes the party line it doesn't make it true, right? Neo-conservatism and to a certain extent the Alt-right is growing, liberalism is shrinking away again due to fucking up so badly at attempting to globalise countries into one.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook
>>
File: 1479093719960.jpg (43KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
1479093719960.jpg
43KB, 449x449px
>>58054621
I have a feeling that bing will die,,, and die soon..

and why is no-one talking about yahoo? or has it already died?
>>
>>58052125
>petersmith97
Kek, I bet this is one of his friends accounts and wants him to get spammed with 4chan disgusting porno.
>>
>>58054592
If Apple did that, he'd be like that crab in the bucket and end up killing them all off at once, allowing fresh faces to take the foreground (it would actually be pretty good IMO).
>>
>>58049368
Google and Amazon are on the "good guys" because of instead of pulling a a Facebook and converting user data to jew gold they instead re-invest some of that Jew gold into improving the user experience/services/functions
>>
>>58055090
Unlike Faceache?
>>
>>58045648
microshit.
>>
>>58046883
>microsoft as strong as ever in the business market

yeah, for people who don't want to compete
>>
>>58054937
Honestly just made it up, please don't spam it guys, I don't know who peter is but I'm sure he doesn't want to see your dicks
>>
>>58045648
Apple > Facebook = Microsoft > Google = Amazon

Amazon is hardly profitable but they own the industry. Google is is too big to fail. Meaning that only a series of HUGE mistakes would ruin them.

Facebook and Microsoft just need some time. You can already notice signs that they are faltering.
Apple is the same. Im betting they are going to be the first to fall though. This is probably just my bias, maybe they will be the last of the three.
>>
>>58049874
Facebook owns Instagram. Which kinda proves your point. The social media industry is entirely about trends and quickly adapting to them. Facebook recently has been showing signs that they aren't capable of adapting to competition.
Don't even talk about twitter, they are already on their last leg.

Snapchat is hardly profitable but Im guessing they are getting money from (((who know who))).
>>
>>58045648
Ford has been thriving non-stop since 1903.
These companies will not die.
>>
>>58055268
Too late, anon... too... late.
>>
Amazon is meme, only eBay delivers internationally
>>
>>58045648
We need to think in a non autistic way.

Who will die first?

Probably Apple as without Jobs they cannot seem to "innovate". It's the same shit over and over again that even the most devoted are starting to catch on.

Facebook would probably be the next to fail. If the next big thing comes along and Facebook can't stop it, there's a good chance they will fade away like MySpace did.

Microsoft, Google, and Amazon are in interesting situations where they own their markets. Without a major change to revenue streams or user base interaction. I doubt any of these three will fail for some time. Google would be the most likely of these to fail due to enough loss of advertising revenue.
>>
Facebook, then Apple. Apple doesn't have support contracts that Microsoft does which keeps the cash permanently rolling in.
>>
have you guys been to Seattle recently?

The entire fucking city is under construction by Amazon.

I'm sorry for you haters out there but Amazon will be around for decades
>>
>>58055557
So many cranes around. I like that they are decorating them though.
>>
>Facebook
a dying trend (note that the ads are getting worse by the year as user engagement plummets)

>Apple
iPhones have a strong market share and Macs are not doing bad by any means. but mostly overall the company is losing traction since the death of Jobs.

>Microsoft
Still the dominate player in enterprise software. Windows runs everything and virtually all ALL businesses run O365. MSSQL is now on Linux making it a strong competitor to Oracle in the DB market and seeing as Oracle is shooting themselves in the foot. Azure is the leading cloud competitor to AWS but Microsoft does not have the datacenter infrastructure that Amazon does. Seeing as Amazon is a company that has been investing in scaling its web based datacenter since day one and Microsoft has primarily been a software company getting into the game late.

>Amazon
The largest market on the web and has tons of projected growth. Has invested heavily in its datacenter infrastructure and is leveraging it with AWS which is the largest cloud platform for a multitude of IT services.

>Google
Owns the largest search engine in the world which has forever reshaped the idea of how people use the internet. essentially google controls the traffic of the surface web. The search algorithm can make or break companies who focus heavily on good SEO. They own and control YouTube which is the largest video sharing platform in the world. They own Chrome which has reshaped every modern web browser and built new standards for the web entirely. The own and control the Android Ecosystem which is the backend to the largest phone operating system in the world and has taken the "PC" approach to it's OS making billions in IP and licensing. has cloud services but is doing poorly compared to competitors.
>>
Facebook -> Apple -> Microsoft = Google = Amazon
None of these companies will "die" so much as they'll go full IBM and go through extreme product change. In a decade, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet will probably come out in the best shape but who fuckin' knows what can happen in 10 years.

A social network only lasts so long no matter how big it is. Normals have this obscene obsession with moving onto whatever is hip and shiny not when it's time to but every five fucking minutes, yet retards and mongoloids love clinging onto outdated garbage. Facebook will go the way of IRC - always present but not nearly the kind of platform it once was. It might improve once it reaches this point but I doubt it.

Apple is a joke. Expensive status symbols that aren't anywhere near their computers of yesteryear. They hold the poorfag and normalfag market share, though. They've also got an absolute vicegrip on music. If they do die, they'll probably go full status symbol seller and they'll shift into music distribution.

Microsoft will definitely not die. 100%. They permeate a gigantic percentage of the business sector and they're reaching into lots of different pots to find the next big thing to keep them coasting, which is as much a strength as it is a liability. They'll always be second to Amazon for web services, most likely. They're kind of shifting into Google-mode with lots of little services that have widespread usage like Office 365.

Alphabet is realizing that there's no such thing as infinite money (couple of recent articles about this) and they're kind of scaling back the sheer number of crazy projects. Google's suffered from this, apparently.

Amazon is weird; they're really proving that they're a shitty place to work and have shitty working culture and hiring practices but AWS is straight ballin' out of control: they're selling a fucking cargo container as a portable data center for christ's sake. Bezos has his hands in a lot of places just like Microsoft does.
>>
>>58049680
>3 of those things are facebook
>>
>>58045648
Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Google

Amazon will likely be purchased by one of the companies on that list too
>>
>>58054902
Yahoo is full of bot accounts and old people
>>
>>58045648
3chan :^ )
>>
>>58055485
You sure about that? I'm in the US and just bought some CDs from a seller in the UK.
>>
>>58045828
I think google buying amazon or fb or both is more likely than google buying apple at all in the near future.
>>
>>58045648
facebook is dying
>>
>>58049704
>Apple will be the second to die, they're making too many stupid decisions recently.
you seriously underestimate the stupidity of their most loyal customers and the disgusting amounts of money they have saved up, Apple could buy out half a dozen major tech companies with what they've got saved up.
>>
>>58045648
Toss-up between Microsoft and Facebook.

I think if Gates dies then the company's going belly-up.
>>
Good thing you faggots aren't investors because you're all dead-wrong.

>Facebook
Trading at 119.87 USD a share at the moment.

Not going under, even if Facebook itself dies (((Zuckerberg))) has his claws in Occulus, Instagram, and monopolizing internet in the third world. He's already shown that he's willing to expand beyond his
>Google
Trading at 790.80 USD a share.

Don't think anybody unironically claimed Google would be going under any time soon.
>Amazon
Trading at 757.77 a share.

You're autistic if you think Amazon is going anywhere either.
>Apple
Trading at 115.97 USD a share.

Sincerely doubt they'll go under before Microsoft. They've adapted slightly better to the modern technological ecosystem than Microsoft has and have a strange stranglehold on the current generation of "high-end" phone and home computers.
>Microsoft
Trading at 62.30 USD a share.

An abysmal desktop operating system that's losing more and more of it's market share by the day (OSX, GNU/Linux, ChromeOS, mobile operating systems, etc) a mobile phone OS that barely manages to edge out Mozilla's, very little hardware to speak of, the list goes on and on.

Microsoft is the Bush family of technology companies, and everything released in the last 4 years is Jeb.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook. Social networks are doomed to rise and fall as trends change.

People will always want to buy shit though, and Google has proven it can change with the times.
>>
>>58057198
If facebook itself dies, that's exactly what OP meant, you fuckwad.
>>
File: 80b10c0e29a9f4d63765e3acd4e19b3f.jpg (251KB, 1445x2048px) Image search: [Google]
80b10c0e29a9f4d63765e3acd4e19b3f.jpg
251KB, 1445x2048px
>>58057198
>Share price means anything
ok
>>
>>58048271
jobs died and they've been making shitty decisions since

google is doing great, branching out into hardware and doing it really well.
facebook is shit but it's ubiquitous enough that its only serious competitor is twitter.
amazon is doing great, plus they make good money on content distribution services.
apple is making poor decisions left and right and microsoft and google are starting to make really appealing alternatives.
microsoft was doing really bad but has kind of turned things around lately with some excellent hardware and tolerable software.

my money is on facebook or apple, leaning towards the latter. they've both got only a few markets they do well in, seems like a matter of time before they fuck up too bad.
>>
>>58047977
Real talk facebook is in a bad way with messaging lately too, Discord and Slack are substantially better platforms.
>>
>>58049355
Sauce?
>>
>>58057245
Show me one failing company trading at 750 dollars a share.
>>
>amazon
>dying

Haha no, ebay is tho. Fuck paypal.
>>
1. Facebook by far. All of their influence comes from data mining but unlike any of these other companies they have no means to stay relevant. Google has hundreds of different services most of which are crucial for the daily lives of people. All Facebook has is a shitty social media site which is declining and a few companies it owns which do the same.

>Oculus and vr are doa
>Whatsapp is dying because normies don't use it as much and telegram/signal made it not the most secure thing
>Instagram has always been a lower tier social media
>Facebook itself is for old people and the only reason young people use it is for organizations and messenger

2. Apple
Muh iPhone isn't as much of a thing in the eyes of normies now. Over the next few years unless they make some major changes they're going to see some major decline. The gimmicks they push now don't even come off as innovative to the average plan and they have 0 real innovation. Nesrly all of their business products are shit tier now and all this memey shit they do is ridiculous enough for normies to even see it.

3. Amazon, while it has a monopoly on online shopping, could theoretically be in a vulnerable position. There resources for rapid expansion will slow down one day. Unlikely though.

4. Microsoft, while they have secure grips on the business and having market, they still are clearly falling behind with most of their consumer markets in favor of Google products or Sony products.

5. Google, far to integrated into people's lives to fail at this point. To big to fail
>>
Facebook will die first, and in under 5 years from now. Above all else, it's a fucking social network.

Google and MS will never die unless they choose to, which isn't gonna happen.

Apple will only die if they keep making the stupid design decisions that they've been making of late.
>>
>>58058037
>To big to fail
They said that about certain banks.
>>
>>58057780
Amazon
>>
>>58049680
>>58049874
>they don't use facebook
>they use intstagram
uh...
>>
>>58055767
>They own Chrome which has reshaped every modern web browser and built new standards for the web entirely.
I don't really like their browser but i'm glad they disrupted MPEGLA's strangehold with h.264 by opening up libvpx
>>
Easily facebook, they're the least diversified.

Hard to say after that. I'd say apple, amazon, MS, google.
>>
>>58059805
eh, actually make that apple, ms, amazon, google.
>>
>>58045648

Microsoft. They keep losing Marketshare in many of the areas they have poured billions of dollars into.

Windows Phone = Fail
Surface = Fail
XBone = Fail
>>
>>58059858
>Surface = Fail
>XBone = Fail

yeah, no. windows phone we can all see as a failure, but those 2 are still selling very well.
>>
>>58049680
>tinder
How the other half live.
>>
Microshit
>>
>>58045648
Apple.

Amazon is too big to fail and close to irreplaceable in the west unless Alibaba suddenly takes over in the west because of reasons and Amazon is too slow to counter.

Microsoft, even if home users suddenly all decide to migrate to Linux, still has businesses depending on their products and they're slowly fixing their W8 fuck up which was a blessing in disguise.

Google is fucking Google. They might have to eventually stop investing in so much random shit but I don't see them ever outright collapsing unless some big "personal data being sold" scandal leaks out and even then, the average person doesn't care about privacy so they'll spring right back.

Facebook's core service might have less users but "FACEBOOK IS DYING" is just a meme. They still have Instagram and WhatsApp.

What does Apple offer that can't be replaced by something else? They're being left behind by Microsoft and Windows OEMs offering some truly amazing high-end devices. Some of the high-end laptops even have touch-support, instead of forcing people to rely on a shitty overpriced tablet. Apple now just makes controversial decisions for media buzz while churning out progressively worse products because they think they know best.

Hopefully Microsoft finally puts the nail in Apple's coffin by supplanting Garageband, Sketch, iMovie and FinalCut with Windows' Creator Update or whatever it's called since that's all people that "need" macOS need it for.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook. Once something else starts to replace it and it's left with a middle aged userbase, it's fucking done. The rest have a much wider range of products.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook

Everybody moved onto Twitter

A lot of people with decent jobs use LinkedIn anyways.
>>
>>58045648
Facebook will be first there is no way social networking platforms stay around forever. I do not know why investors still invest in throwing their money at a black hole. As for the rest they have too much of a stronghold to die off quickly.
>>
>>58046585
Ironically MySpace said that in the past. There is too much competition for Facebook to survive think about Twitter or Reddit and even Discord and Skype those sites are starting to supplement Facebook now a days.
>>
File: 1480801124653.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480801124653.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>58049836
>Iron grip on gaming

Kek my sides.
>>
>>58062248

PS4 has sold 10 times the amount Xbone One has.

I have never seen anyone use a Surface.....
>>
>>58045648
Facebook

They have a shitty business model and kids these days think it's uncool because maintaining a profile is too much work. They would rather use Whatsapp (which is also owned by FB, but how the fuck is that supposed to make money?)
>>
>>58057198
We do not look at the present only the future. That is why investors are stupid age dumbfounded when stocks fall all the way down and markets change rapidly.
>>
>>58049368
>3. Microcock will lose their precious winbaby userbase once the year of the Linux desktop arrives thanks to systemd, wayland and vulkan. Nobody is taking them seriously in the mobile sector and businesses all around the world are already transitioning to free software solutions.

Holy shit, do Linuxfags actually believe this? How delusional.
>>
>>58045648
All those companies passed critical mass at which they become unsinkable a long time ago.
If any of them will ever go under, it will be the four that aren't Google if/when Google makes a strong AI that takes over the world.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.