[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft keeps removing useful features from Windows 10 Pro.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 014144221442.jpg (268KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
014144221442.jpg
268KB, 1000x564px
Microsoft keeps removing useful features from Windows 10 Pro. They also think your lock screen is a good place to display ads even after you've paid for the software.

Apple keeps removing features for no reason other than "that's old". No one needs a headphone jack or an esc key anymore.

Linux is in limbo between 40 different attempts at solving the same problem and is crippled by bullshit like systemd.

BSD is just a more difficult path to end up with the same toolchain as any Linux distro.

Why the fuck can't we have one good OS /g/?
>>
We just need red hat and suse to put all their efforts into fixing up mate and gtk2 and we'd have perfect linux desktop.
>>
Fuck Redhat.
Fuck Network Manager

Suse might be a possibility. I've run it on my desktop before.

Wayland is good but now we need a Wayland Xorg compatibility layer because it will take 20 years for everyone to get their ass in gear and support Wayland. Fuck.
>>
>>58045415
I've never seen an add on win 10. Where are they?
>>
>>58045415
I cannot even change the color of the windows with a color picker. Just a bunch of stupid oversaturated colors.
Where is the classic theme??
>>
>>58045415
>Why the fuck can't we have one good OS /g/?
The OS purpose is to hide in the background and let you work, and by work I mean use applications whatever those are. If they meet that requirement, they are objectively good.

Name one use case where no OS will let you properly do some kind of work.
>>
>>58045415
>Linux is in limbo between 40 different attempts at solving the same problem
you say that like its a bad thing. If you don't like whatever your distro picked you have a dozen alternatives.
>and is crippled by bullshit like systemd.
This meme again. The only reason you don't like it is because it's popular on /g/ to not like it. But if you insist then go install Gentoo, they still use OpenRC. Or Debian, systemd is the default but sysvinit is there, you just have to install it. Some people even made a pointless meme distro to do just that.
>>
File: Nootropics.png (9KB, 155x131px) Image search: [Google]
Nootropics.png
9KB, 155x131px
>>58045415
In fact, we have two GOOD OSes:
Windows 7
Temple OS

Honorable 2nd Place:
Windows XP

You're welcome
>>
This can be said about anything today, thanks to jewry. Just about everything today sucks compared to back then.
>>
>>58045415
WINKEKS POOJEE'D
>>
>>58045487
I think what we need is Manjaro getting equally ready as Ubuntu. Rolling release model with only one big place where you install your software is the only thing missing from Ubuntu.
>>
what did they remove from 10 pro?
>>
File: linux.png (26KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
26KB, 1152x864px
Remember when Linux/UNIX was targeting professionals?
>>
>>58048243
This.
Who would even think about installing win10 when we have such a beauty as win7
>>
>>58048921
They still do

but not on the desktop anymore
>>
I'd love to see a modern DE that doesn't look like it was designed to look like Vista or for tablets
>>
Can you even pick your lockscreen anymore for Windows 10?

I think I am gonna give Xubuntu a try.
>>
>>58045415
I'm a new linux user. Besides systemmd possibly being a backdoor what's so back about it?
>>
>>58048054
The color changes based on your background dumbass
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.