[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to build my first PC. Should I use an anti-static wrist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

About to build my first PC. Should I use an anti-static wrist strap just to be safe?
>>
>>58043749
Use two just to be extra-sure.
>>
>>58043749
Not necessary unless you're part of the 0,01% of the persons that generate a large amount of static.

Just touch the ground before assembling the components
>>
>>58043749
Using one is without question safer, most of the time your ESD will not cause any damage to your components, but it can happen.
Not using one also makes your parts less durable because you might cause slight damage that isn't noticeable right away, but might shorten the lifespan.
>>
I built mine on carpet. You should be good OP.
>>
Plug in the power supply and touch the case before touching any sensitive electronics like the memory or mobo
>>
File: u_wot_m8.webm (791KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
u_wot_m8.webm
791KB, 500x375px
>Not contracting a piledriver company to slam a 10 meter pole of solid silver into the ground and then wrapping 4/0 guage wire made of silver around the pole and then all over your body
It's like you want to blow up every electric component you touch.
>>
I've been opening computers and fiddling around without using one of those for almost 13 years, so I don't know what to tell you.

Still, I know of people who get mad if you don't use that shit.
>>
>>58043749
Don't forget to lube up your ass.
>>
>>58043959
>being this retarded
just have them leave about a meter sticking out of the ground and shove it up your ass. instant grounding.
>>
>>58043749
no
>>
>>58043749
Yes and use a grounded metal workbench.
>>
>>58043749
I never do but if you have one its not like its going to hurt. There's a reason all the professionals are required to wear them (although it could honestly be one of those weird OSHA things that you have to do because of 0.001% chances of stuff happening).
>>
I've build all my computers with socks on and down on the floor which is carpet

I live on the edge
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.