[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of bolt is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (902KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
902KB, 2592x1936px
>Bought a new GPU and a new PSU and tried to upgrade my old pc
>Tried to open the case
>See this
>what do I do to open it?
>>
Your photo is potato quality, but it looks like it might be a rivet..... If that's the case, you'll need to drill it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Tried to improve pic quality, see if its better now
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I cant see any markings inside the hole
>>
>>58040782
Yup, definitely rivets. So drilling out the centers is really the only way to remove them. However, you shouldn't ever have to do that, rivets are meant to be permanent. There's gotta be a way to get into the case some other way....
>>
File: remove.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
remove.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>58040782
You remove the screw on the bottom right. There should be another screw like it further down.
>>
>>58040814
I can enter it from one of the sides, so i can change the hardware... but it is hard to do any cable management having only one opening so theres that
Thanks for the help
>>
>>58040850
Are you trolling or just fucking stupid? How old are you? You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
The MacBook Pro™ with Retina Display and Touch Bar™ does not have this problem.
>>
>>58040865
Nice try.

You can see the rivet above that screw isn't riveted to the case.
>>
>>58040865
^^ this, why are you even on /g/? and holy shit you are drilling rivets out of the case? you realise there are screws for the side panels.
That puff of smoke will be nice when you finally turn that back on.
>>
>>58040929
Agreed, the side panel is riveted to the PSU.
>>
>>58041007
How can you see that from that picture? also all thse rivets are riveted to the case
>>
>>58041020
>also all thse rivets are riveted to the case

You can see they're not. That side panel is meant to be removed. Look at all those gaps.
>>
>>58041020
I was being sarcastic. The side panel will not come off without drilling.
>>
Take a picture of the entire rear of the case op. I know you're scared to include your messy room in the shot but its the only way we can completely understand whats going on here.
>>
>>58040716
That's a rivet, drill that shit out. You'll have to re rivet it or find another fastener for it.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
OP here, apparently one of the sides is rivet bolted and the other is just screwd
As said, I can open one of the sides, but it is hard to do cable management
Also, the PSU doesnt appear to be riveted bolted, just screwed

It is a very old desktop

Thanks for the help
>>
that's a rivet bby
>>
File: l.png (620KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
620KB, 768x614px
>>58041133
These rivets need to go
>>
The amount of pubes & shit thatll be inside that thing. Id literally buy from scratch.
But yeah I now see, one side of the case opens. You would have to drill about 4 rivets to get the other side off.

>>58041007
you fucking spastic
>>
>>58041190
>>58041073
>>
>>58041240
? you slant eyes are fucking thick
>>
Holy jesus either everyone in this thread is trolling or legitimately retarded.
There are four screws holding the PSU in place. They are the four Philips Head screws in the picture.

You cannot take the lower side off in the most recent picture you posted OP, Nor should you need to. You can do whatever maintenance you need from the other side. It may be a pain to route the cables but drilling out the rivets is going to do nothing but make your life harder because a.)there's nothing to work with on that side of the case anyway and b.)you're not going to be able to easily hold that side of the case together again.
>>
>>58041133
So I was basically right here >>58040850 except you posted a retarded picture. You remove the two screws and the side panel comes off.

If you want to take off the other side you need to remove the rivets opposite the screws on the other panel.

>but it is hard to do cable management
Cable management is a meme. Once you close the case you will never look at the insides again.
>>
>>58040904
Isn't Retina a trademark too?
>>
>>58041370
Let's hope so, that way we can pay more money.
>>
>>58041165
m8 you can't took them off
>>
>/g/ technology - how to open a PC case
>>
>>58041458
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>58041133
Drill the rivets out, then put screws in the holes where the rivets were.

Crisis averted.
>>
>>58040716
It's a "fuck you" screw
>>
>>58040716
OP why are you retarded?
>>
OP here

Found this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uG5plvIy3wk

Think I'm going to try it
Later today may post results
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.