[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty App Design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2016-12-17_03-04-23.png (353KB, 844x668px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-12-17_03-04-23.png
353KB, 844x668px
>It's current year
>Most people have 5 to 6 inch phones
>Most are 1080p and up
>More real estate than ever for more information
>App designers rather make something look pretty

The fuck is this shit? The current Google Play Music app shows two options you can jump into without going to the menu button.

Before you could easily see recently played, some radio suggestions, etc. Even that wasn't great because shit like your current library was hidden by the menu when it could have been up top.

Why are apps relying so much on side menus when there is so much more screen real estate and why are the constantly making shit more of a hassle?
>>
Because that's part of material design, keeping things minimalistic. Why would you want a shit ton of stuff right when you open the app. I'd rather have the two options when I jump in the car to start playing something right away and drive off if I'm in a hurry. If I have more time it doesn't burn that much more calories sliding the bar out for some additional info.

I welcome minimalistic apps like this. Where if I need more functionality and tweaks, I have them. If I don't, then they're out of sight. I don't know why so many people hate it.
>>
>>58039943

>I'd rather have the two options when I jump in the car to start playing something right away and drive off if I'm in a hurry

There are fucking 9 options, all of which are huge album art or icons. So instead of being able to go to the last album I listened to instantly I have to click another option, go to another option, and then finally I'm there.
>>
I dont think most people have 1080p on their phones
>>
>>58039851
Spotify doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58042322

I'd switch but GPM is a better value when you consider Youtube Red, either way it's a trend.

Spotify will show 2 options in a few months while Google Play Music is 6 months ahead 1 option.
>>
File: vaguely useful.png (991KB, 607x1050px) Image search: [Google]
vaguely useful.png
991KB, 607x1050px
Here is the app in 2012 - Galaxy S3 era.

Notice how much information is displayed - you can easily get to albums, artist, recents, etc right from the front page without having to go to a retarded swipe menu because it's trying to take advantage of the massive 4.8 display.
>>
>>58040148
Is that a big problem?
Those are still 5 to 6 inch displays.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.