[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working to recreate MySpace circa 2006. Recreating assets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: myspace-logo.gif (18KB, 800x300px) Image search: [Google]
myspace-logo.gif
18KB, 800x300px
I'm working to recreate MySpace circa 2006.
Recreating assets and code entirely from scratch, from what I remember and archives/ images I find online.
It will not use the MySpace branding, and have absolutely no copied code.

Would going live with this site put me at risk for copyright infringement?
>>
Fucking do it!!!
>>
No, but you might win a gold medal in the special olympics.
>>
are you gonna make Social Media Great Again?
>>
>>58039634
I want a simple social media site.
No botnet, like buttons, trackers or bullshit.
Simple pages, 24 picture maximum (no compression).
And MySpace 2006-2007 was perfect.
I'm even using the Spotify API to allow music on your profile.
It's really making me happy.
>>
>>58039587
Sounds great. I'll surely be on board as soon as possible when you'll launch it. MySpace used to be the comfiest place on internet for me
>>
Will follow this if you pursue it, sounds interesting, never used myspace while everyone else was.

There is certainly a market for a new social media site, something that doesn't remove content that is considered unpopular.
>>
No one will join it.
>>
>>58040879
>underestimating the power of reddit
>>
I understand you're young and didn't experience myspace first hand but nobody liked myspace.

People used myspace for two things:
1. Ricing it out with gifs and flashy shit all over your profile along with a music player with the hottest songs of the year
2. Getting your friend list as big as possible and adding bands/"famous people" then showing off to your school friends how you're "friends" with this band.

And that was about it.
>>
>>58043763
Don't forget being full autist and checking to see which of your top 8 also had you in their top 8 [spoiler] and then hating yourself [/spoiler]
>>
>>58039587
Seems lit.
>>
Retarded idea.
Just make an old era myspace profile in Photoshop and be done with it you fucking cuck.
>>
>>58039587
Doesn't FreindProject currently exist though?
>>
>>58039653
God bless your heart, anon
>>
Are you copying code or images? No, so no risk of copyright infringement. Ideas are protected by patents.
>>
if this takes off, i will market the shit out of it.
>>
>>58039653

>myspace is """simple"""
>half the reason it was abandoned was because everyone's profile was a horrifying mess of laggy audio, video, Flash widgets and eye-raping text

Why can't you autistic fuckers just accept that you're being blinded by your nostalgia? Same shit with people who say the late 90s was the best time for the internet and then turn around and complain about super high fees for super limited speeds.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.