[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Levono uncuck themselves with this phone? I say we should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: moto-z-play-row.jpg (116KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
moto-z-play-row.jpg
116KB, 1000x1000px
Did Levono uncuck themselves with this phone? I say we should apologize.
>>
File: ZUK-Z2-Review-1.jpg (57KB, 750x403px)
ZUK-Z2-Review-1.jpg
57KB, 750x403px
>>58034839
They already did that with this one
>>
>shit camera
yikes
>>
>>58034839
why did lenovo have to buy the only decent smartphone maker left? why was this allowed?
>>
>>58034861
I'd have infinite battery over """shit""" (okay) camera desu senpai
>>
>>58034849
>the flagship of small screen
>5 inch screen
??????
>>
I really like this phone but they fucked me over with the Moto X 1st gen, never buying a Moto branded product ever again.
>>
>>58034849
too bad is so fucking ugly, I had it in my hand and it felt and looked like those chinese 'slide to uncklock' iphones
>>
>>58035379
>I really like this phone but they fucked me over with the Moto X 1st gen
How? Literally the best phone I ever bought, up there with the Nexus 5 for me.
>>
>>58035397
Mostly was the empty promise of the phone receiving updates in a timely manner, Lollipop came nearly a year after it was supposed to.
Battery was garbage, and the camera was not that good. It did perform really well in natural light though.
The physical design of the phone was great though, as were the special features like active display.
>>
>>58035367
Yeah, it's one of the smallest snapdragon 820 phones on the market.
>>
>>58034839
Moto x play owner here, i-it's good too.
>>
>>58034839
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. It seems okay. The battery is great. Moto Display and Moto Actions actually compliment the stock Android experience, unlike most vendor additions. It's also pretty nice looking. I'll decide if I think Moto Mods are a gimmick or not when I buy one. The new Incipio car dock thing could be good.

If I was going to complain about it, there are some weird things:
- It has a current-gen Snapdragon SoC and a 5GHz wifi aerial, but it doesn't support Bluetooth 4.1 or 802.11ac
- It has a 64-bit SoC, but only 32-bit software
- The relationship between Moto Voice and Google Now is weird. Both are backed by Google voice search and are essentially the same thing, both have hotwords, but only Moto Voice works when the screen is off.
- It's an octo-core, but not a bigLITTLE. All cores are the same.
- You can't open the phone with invalid fingerprints even when the phone is already unlocked by Smart Lock
- The Z and Z Force have Nougat, but rumours say the Z Play won't get it until January
- In my experience, it's never been at the latest security patch level. It gets security updates, but they don't upgrade it to the latest.
- GSMArena says it has a FM radio, but it doesn't
>>
>>58034868
google already took all the engineers it wanted to make shit for them and the company was useless to them.
>>
>>58037126
>only Moto Voice works when the screen is off.
hardware wise they are not the same. in fact if moto voice keeps doing the same as in the original moto X having the phone waiting for the hotwords doesn't kill your battery
>>
>>58034839
I like it but it's even bigger than some 5.5" phones. Fuck that.
>>
>>58034920

this right here familia, i barely get out of my house, i don't need a flagship camera. what are you, a filthy normie?
>>
>>58037126
I can get an iphone 6s 64gb for the same price as the moto z, not sure what to do
>>
>>58037126

I hike somewhat frequently, the speaker and battery mod are a great addition to those, they're definitely the most useful. The battery mod covers the phone's lack of removable battery, and the speakers are good, they only lack some bass but judging the speaker size, it can't do much.

The projector and camera mod are way too overpriced and gimmicky, though.
>>
>>58037275
In that case, I think they should have integrated it better. You can kind of get it to work like Google Now if you set the hotword to "OK, Google," but then it interferes with Google Now while the screen is on. Since they removed all Moto-specific features from Moto Voice on the Zs, I don't see why it's still presented as a separate thing to Google Now.

>>58037310
Keep in mind, these are all minor nits. I just felt like complaining. (I don't even use Bluetooth and I've never needed 802.11ac speeds.) All things considered, it's still a great phone. Good build quality, stock Android experience, fast and smooth UI.

>>58037426
Yeah, I've only ever used portable speakers when hiking or at the beach. If I did those things more often, I'd definitely consider the speaker mod. The battery mod with wireless charging is probably second on my list after the car dock mod. Also yeah, the camera mod doesn't look amazing. Some reviews say apart from the zoom lens (which is decent) it isn't even better than the built in camera. I'd consider a camera mod if there was a better one.
>>
>>58034839
It's a shame that the Moto G4 Play has no developer community. They could have been the next Nexus.
>>
>>58037126
It does have fm radio, i use it daily when there's nothing to do at work.

t.spic
>>
Lenovo = chinkware
>>
>>58038427
Which app? Mine won't let me install the Moto FM radio app from the store.
>>
>>58034849
This.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.