[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't someone reinvented coding to make it simpler?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: _20161217_010414.jpg (174KB, 1357x625px) Image search: [Google]
_20161217_010414.jpg
174KB, 1357x625px
Why hasn't someone reinvented coding to make it simpler?
>>
Its called Python
>>
>see: python
>>
Every new language usually tries to.
>>
>>58033510
You literally can't.
Visual programming languages where laymen can drag around UML boxes becomes unwieldy as fuck as soon as your program gets more complex than a hello world.
Imagine a program with lots of function calls.
Imagine drawing a fucking line between every box that's getting called.

Text has the benefit of being easier to parse visually and programatically.
>>
programming languages are about as simple as learning a romance language. it is already as simple as it can get.
assembly is like trying to learn Finnish.
>>
>>58033510
We already have python... How much simpler can you make it?
>>
>>58033519

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ./thread
>>
>>58033649
Stop spreading misinformation. Learning assembly is probably easier than any language you've ever been faced with.
It's certainly easier than C.
Harder to work with though.
>>
Coding already is super simple.

If there was a simpler way of doing it you would still need to know the "hard" stuff to be able to do anything complex.
>>
>>58033510
They have, dozens of times, but that doesn't change the reality of programming. And when normies see this reality, they are scared. Not because they lacked easy programming language to get started, but because they are normies who just aren't cut out for this type of activity.

It has no use. Programming attracts a certain type of person. You wouldn't lure weak ass nerds to the football practice, play nice with them all year around, and then toss him into the game in a real stadium against a real team. It's counter-productive.
>>
>>58033605
It's not too bad with decent modularity as with LabVIEW
>>
File: sexist code.jpg (211KB, 869x1776px) Image search: [Google]
sexist code.jpg
211KB, 869x1776px
How does the code on the left steal my nudes /g/? I'm literally shaking, I think a russian could have wrote it
>>
>>58034682
>emojis
why

>
>else if (a > b && b < a)
why

>else return 5
WHY
>>
>>58034675
/thread

If only "muh need to make programming available to everyone!!!" idiots would realize this...
>>
>>58034718
Don't try to understand it, it'll only lead to more suffering.
>>
I'm sure most people here would agree that programming is actually easy. If you have a well defined problem and it's small enough, any monkey could probably struggle through it. Thus sort of level is the foobar, simple math operators and other petty function calls. This is where easier labguages like python or scratch come in to let the normies program.

What is hard is planning your software out. How the thousands of function calls are going to interact, what each function should do and where it should belong in your program. No language is strictly superior to another here. This is what makes a good software engineer and differentiates them from code monkeys.

tl;dr coding is easy, planning us hard.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-13-16-28-43.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-13-16-28-43.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>58034650
True, I went from VB to assembly then to C. I had a really hard time with c but assembly had me dreaming in code..
>>
>>58034682
>an int is a number without a decimal
NO YOU STUPID TART ANY BLOODY REAL CAN BE EXPRESSED AS A DECIMAL
SAYING WITHOUT A DECIMAL DOESN'T EVEN MEAN ANYTHING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1480988056120.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
1480988056120.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>58034796
>NO YOU STUPID TART ANY BLOODY REAL CAN BE EXPRESSED AS A DECIMAL
>he writes float x = 1; and not float x = 1.0;
>he writes int x = 1.0;
>>
>>58033510
>Why hasn't someone reinvented coding to make it simpler?
unix already exists
>>
>>58033510
AYO WHY AIN'T CODING ALL EASY LIKE TV
>>
>>58034682
people really need to learn that this is faked bait
>>
>>58034954
It's my maths autism taking over, rather than coding. It's been a while but I think I've got annoyed at the usage of real in coding as well
>>
>>58034682
ternary operator:

a > b ? a : b
>>
>>58035061
You chose to be like this anon. Don't pretend. You're just a fucking asshole.
Doesn't even make you look smart.
>>
File: pepeIsCelebNow.jpg (4MB, 2660x2344px) Image search: [Google]
pepeIsCelebNow.jpg
4MB, 2660x2344px
>>58033510
in next 20years both cpu power and semi AI will get popular enough to make all pajeets and webdevs homeless

It will generate code of worse quality but with CPU power it will not be visible and its easier to buy strong sever than pay several pajeets 10k+ and hb-1.

If you do not know enough math for data sciente/AI/VR+AR you are fucked because 50% of today manual labor will be replaced with robots.

Without minimal passive incom for every person fire will rise
>>
>>58033541
and fails miserably. Stop changing shit you fucks
>>
>>58034682
The & operator casts an address (pointer) to a long, which allows hackers to access arbitrary memory locations and upload your data to the cloud without your consent.
>>
>>58035244
>It will generate code of worse quality but with CPU power it will not be visible and its easier to buy strong sever than pay several pajeets 10k+ and hb-1.
Great, like we really need another minimalist plaintext editor that uses 750 GB of RAM.
>>
File: VYe62.jpg (36KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
VYe62.jpg
36KB, 750x600px
>>
>>58033605
>Visual programming languages where laymen can drag around UML boxes becomes unwieldy as fuck as soon as your program gets more complex than a hello world.
i've had to use simulink and it's a clusterfuck.
>>
>>58034682
She was trolling there, right?
>>
>>58035416
Who knows, but her followers are definitely dumb as rocks.
>>
What do you think IDE's and libraries are?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.