[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we try to figure out what "intelligence" is exactly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1920x1080px)
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1920x1080px
ITT we try to figure out what "intelligence" is exactly.
>>
Why would you look for intelligence on 4chan?
>>
It's an illusion.
>>
>>58032235
Rapid adaptable learning
>>
>>58032314
This is the best answer anyone can give.
>>
>>58032261
So why are there IQ tests and why is there a field called "artificial intelligence"?
Do you really think all organisms are equal?

>>58032314
A black box sitting on the floor can learn anything it wants internally, but its just going to sit there.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
the capacity to bend reality at will to suit your preferences through superior problem solving ability
>>
>>58032348
Nothing can break the laws of physics though. So no.
>>
>>58032364
A bumblebee breaks the laws of physics.
>>
>>58032314
>>58032328
And besides. What exactly is the end result of learning?
Knowledge? Which is what? A series of bits?
You have to define it mathematically.

You could argue learning is creating a model to fit the training data, and the end result is the trained model that predicts data it hasn't seen before.
Sort of what ML is doing. In which case intelligence IS the algorithms that train the ML models.
>>
>>58032377
So does your mom. But she's not intelligent.
>>
>>58032417
manipulation of understood patterns to a beneficial result
>>
>>58032377
Nice bait
>>
>>58032471
Patterns are structures within data. How exactly are you supposed to "manipulate" patterns?
>>
>>58032500
using them in conjunction with each other. I know it rains when its cloudy, I also know a bowl holds water. I combine the concepts and so set a bowl outside when clouds gather to achieve my desire to collect drinking water...for a primative example
>>
File: 1452010325213.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1452010325213.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>neo-/g/ defining intelligence

pardon the shitpost but

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
>>
>>58032235
A machine that has the ability to read data, adapt it and then produce an output that is variable on the data the machine obtains.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.