[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can /g/ be the first to make a jailbreak given this news?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Some exploits have recently been made public (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=965#c2). Within them is a kernel exploit and a root access exploit for iOS 10.1.1, a version of iOS which is still available for everyone to downgrade/upgrade to at their own will.

Will the wizards of /g/ prevail and use their programming expertise to make a jailbreak upon these exploits? Will you programming wizards let the chinks from Pangu do this first (probably adding every jailbroken iPhone to a Chinese botnet)? Will you let some faggot on Twitter do it solo and claim all the glory for himself (probably bitcoin donations as well)?

Prove to me that you're not a bunch of faggots who rice your desktops 24/7, and that you are actually capable of taking making programming knowledge useful to society by breaking everyone out of the iOS botnet
>>
>>58024976
Sorry but I'm not gay so I'm running Android.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>58024985
What about all the poor souls who are stuck with iPhones but desire more functionality than just what Apple cares to give them?
>>58024989
How kind
>>
>>58025010
>poor souls
I have no pity for people who spend that much money on locked down hardware, then proceed to complain about it being locked down.
>>
>useful to society by breaking everyone out of the iOS botnet
It's their own god damn fault in the first place. We have better things to do.
>>
>>58025010
They should stop being faggots and use freedom respecting software. It's not our fault iCucks love anal penetration.
>>
>>58025042
>>58025050
What if it was a gift given to someone? What if someone purchased it and then after the fact found out about what a horrible decision they've made and are now stuck with it?

Is it common to shit on people who want to make a positive step with regards to freedom respecting software just because they weren't on the right side of the fence to begin with?
>>58025045
'better things to do' compared making sure hundreds of thousands of people no longer have locked down hardware and are on their way to breaking out of the net? Not to mention if executed properly there's a certain amount of money/status involved if that's more of your forte
>>
>>58025131
>stupid iCuck is crying because he can't get root access to his own device
What would you even do with root access to an iPhone? Install shitty copy cat implementations of features android comes with by default? Do us all a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>58025224
Never did I say that Android wasn't the superior phone OS, I'm just hopeful that the iPhone could get a little less shit and yes, probably get added functionality that comes stock with Android or is easy with a root'd Android phone

Again, you're just shitting on someone who is trying to make a better decision for their device which is more in favour of an open-source philosophy
>>
>>58025010
>What about all the poor souls who are stuck with iPhones but desire more functionality than just what Apple cares to give them?

Why would they get an iphone if they want to decide themselves what to do on their phone? It's like buying a Vespa when you want a tractor.
>>
>>58025390
See >>58025131
>>
>>58025260
>open source philosophy
Oh, you mean the philosophy where programmers work for free and get shat on by corporations like apple? Maybe if you chose a platform that doesn't abuse its users and developers, we would be more willing to help you.
>>
>>58025458
Well in itself jailbreaking a version of iOS, especially pretty much the latest one is a big fuck you to Apple. Everyone adopting the jailbreak is shown the light, shown how much more functional your phone truly could be and is encouraged to tinker. Not to mention the next time they buy are phone are probably more likely to do some research and pick an OS which is open to tinkering and increasing functionality (like Android).

And if you made a big deal out of it you could potentially even slander Apple's name by making it out that they're shit programmers and their OS is vulnerable as fuck to security threats. Headlines like that could really get people considering never going back to Apple even if they don't understand wtf it's all about.

A lot of prime opportunities to fuck Apple's day up in a legitimate way instead of just complaining about how gay they are. Because even if you keep complaining how gay they are people are still going to buy their shit products until they have an obvious reason not to
>>
>>58025505
Yes but that's not the point. The point is: people should be using freedom respecting software instead of a hacked up proprietary system. If they can't do what they want on a proprietary system, it's thier own problem.
>>
>help me jailbreak my iphone
lol no
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.