[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB-C Thunderbolt 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: portz.jpg (16KB, 680x329px) Image search: [Google]
portz.jpg
16KB, 680x329px
Why do people claim that the "lack of ports" is a knock against the new Macbook Pros. Don't you idiots realize that the I/O capabilities of this computer are unmatched?

This isn't really a mac fanboy thing, I think the new MBP has some stupidly huge flaws, but my point is: shouldn't all laptops move toward this soon? When will USB-C TB3 become THE standard? Because it's fucking versatile as fuck.
>>
Nobody is denying the USB type C is the future anon, but atm we are still living in a USB type A world. Some USB typa A ports and a HDMI port and sd card reader combined with faste specs and some USB type C ports would have been what people asked for.

If they released the next macbook with all type C ports I think less people would be complaing about the current macbook.
>>
>>58025014
/thread
>>
>>58023683
Why not 2 usb type c, 2 usb 3.0 type A, one HDMI, and one VGA?
>>
>>58025067
>VGA
What year is this? Apple hasn't had VGA on their laptops at all in at least 10 years. Z
>>
>>58025082
VGA is still widely used anon.
>>
File: 1480570283521.png (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1480570283521.png
67KB, 230x230px
USB-A wont fire up hardware sales. I'm not against USB-C and Appletards makes this a de facto standard and pay the price for me. It's funny to see how they try to justify the decision of the biggest bastard in Cupertino.
>>
File: 1461321831187.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461321831187.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>58023683
>there's a dongle for that
>>
>>58023683
USB-c is a bit shit right now considering that even using the wrong cable from reputable OEMs might fry your laptop or phone.
>>
>>58025123
Get ready for USB-D. :^)
>>
>>58025103
I can't think of the last time I've used a VGA monitor or seen VGA on a projector being used except for on an ancient computer in a university library.
>>
>>58025149
>t. mactoddler
>>
It's just Applel thinkinh they still have the influence they had when jobs was around. They think they're going to popularize it, but nobody is going to make their shir with TB because this.
>>
>>58025149
Just because you don't have a vga port in your moms basement doesn't mean it's not an industry standard.

Have you ever seen a thinkpad?
>>
>>58025082
Why do they still make adapters for it?
>>
>>58023683

I personally welcome the change. What pissed me off is the fact that they removed the SD card slot. (Among other changes they made, the most egregious being the keyboard)
>>
>>58025512
Just get a USB-C SD card.
>>
>>58023683
Instead of updating Lightning to Thunderbolt 3 specs and releasing it for everyone to use for little margin, they went to USB-C meme which is thicker and less durable.
>>
>>58025594
I wanted to buy a dragon dildo for my boyfriend. Sad.
>>
>>58025014
And we'll still be living in a USB type A world if tech companies keep putting it on their computers. It takes real courage to do something like this. :^)
>>
>>58025161
Thinkpads don't define what is or isn't industry standard, or we'd all be using clit mice and leaving our necks unshaven.
>>
>>58023683
>talk shit about 3.5mm and remove it
COURAGE

>lel jk here it is in the new macbooks
CONSISTENT
>>
>>58025014
the problem is twofold:
1) apple needs to be the pushy force here. its consumers are willing to put up with this shit and buy adapters and then demand that peripheral makers catch up and on and on. apple consumers are just more valuable per capita than others.

2) if apple released a laptop with a mixed array of ports, i guarantee the sales of that year's model would fall through the floor. everyone would recommend holding off until we're out of a transitional phase, probably a year or maybe two.

as a sort of thought experiment, if you imagine apple releasing a refreshed trackpad peripheral that charged by USB-C instead of lightning cable, do you think anyone would continue to buy the corresponding as-yet unrefreshed keyboard? no, probably not. because people would know (or at least strongly assume) it's already been marked for death.

but even if we imagine apple releasing a 3-1 port setup (3 type C and 1 type A). there would be this calculus among users and manufacturers about which device is worthy of the one remaining Type-A port, and every peripheral manufacturer would convince themselves that their thing is that 1 device (or that the user needs to charge their device infrequently enough that it's not really a problem).

apple's in a tough space, but this was the least of the evils. hardware standard changes are always painful, usually more so than this. there are a lot of people on /g/ who have no fucking idea what it was like going from floppy to CD to DVD.
>>
>>58025992
you can't afford both?

have you considered getting a better job before getting people gifts?
>>
Serial port is the best port and you cant prove me wrong
>>
>>58027554
>Floppy to CD to DVD
I do, and we used all three. It took until after Win XP for Floppies to fade away
>>
>>58025014
>If they released the next macbook with all type C ports I think less people would be complaing about the current macbook.

why would companies make USBC things if nobody uses USBC computers?

We all need to thank apple for this
>>
>>58029779
why would companies make usb flash drives?
havent they ever heard of rewritable COMPACT DISCS?

FUCKING IDIOTS! USB? HA!
>>
>>58029779
>t. mactoddler
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.