[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you done your part today to save the internet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: PBSofTheInternet.png (107KB, 1402x541px) Image search: [Google]
PBSofTheInternet.png
107KB, 1402x541px
Have you done your part today to save the internet?
>>
[freetard laughter in the distance]
>>
File: bickabebia.jpg (386KB, 3000x1388px) Image search: [Google]
bickabebia.jpg
386KB, 3000x1388px
I'll donate tomorrow.
>>
>provide something for free
>expect people to pay for it anyway
lol fucking freetards
>>
File: 1450998426837.gif (774KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1450998426837.gif
774KB, 500x355px
>wikimedia hasn't had any substantial updates in a long time
>editors do it for free

The only cost they really have is hosting, I bet they use the rest of the donations on dumb shit. And I use chromium which doesn't ask for money.
>>
>>58021312

Already donated, not to Mozilla of course. Who the fuck gives money to an SJW mill that makes the worst browser this side of IE?
>>
>>58021736

Do you not grasp the price of storage and bandwidth hosting a top 10 website?
>>
>>58021736
Hosting and bandwidth for one of the most used information repositories (as well as several other sub-sites) isn't cheap.

>And I use chromium which doesn't ask for money.
Because Google doesn't need your donations. They want you to have a fast and reliable browser so you can use their services more effectively. The whole reason Chrome is a thing is because no one else thought FAST Javascript was necessary, but Google wanted to push Google Maps/Earth.
>>
>>58021736
Last time I checked hosting was something like 5% of their expenses.

Most off the money goes towards building reserves (two years of operating expenses) and a constantly growing number of staff doing God knows what.
>>
>>58021809
>Hosting and bandwidth for one of the most used information repositories (as well as several other sub-sites) isn't cheap.
It's 6% of their expenses.

What isn't cheap is paying hundreds of employees in San Francisco.
>>
>>58021312
I gave The Internet Archive 0.005 BTC last week
>>
File: 1456162652405.png (97KB, 353x267px) Image search: [Google]
1456162652405.png
97KB, 353x267px
>>58021804

I do but do you not grasp that they can easily pay that with the amount they get in donations? The giant ad where they act like they are struggling to get by makes me want to donate even less.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.