[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your current personal project?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Ppqic.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Ppqic.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
Raspberry Pi?
Installing gentoo?
Programming in Go?
>>
>>58014567
not killing myself. hardest thing i've ever done.
>>
This weekend = install freebsd and rice it with xfce, then will decide between debian or freebsd then do a wipe on my main system then reconfigure and then hate myself forever. Then get drunk then watch robocop
>>
>>58014585
Have you tried installing Gentoo? it could help
>>
>>58014567
Learning Command Line in Linux from scratch.
Rented my very first VPS for a small game server and the only way to access it was through SSH, which I had zero idea was until I actually got everything setup.

Still need to learn more of the basics, but when I'm good enough I'll try to learn bash scripting afterward
>>
Is programming in go a meme? I just started because it seemed like a good server language to begin with
>>
>>58014567
Finish my final in intro to programming course. Currently have 100% in it. Hopefully I can maintain a strong A after the exam tonight. The exams are tricky and non-trivial.

Over the weekend I'll begin studying Discrete Mathematics from scratch (found a good text). I'll do this to prep for my Data Structures course (next Fall hopefully). I'll use the 3-4 week break to do nothing but Discrete studies. If I get time I'll begin studying Data Structures as well (also found a book & online courses recorded on the class).

With these books + text + online courses I'll have solid foundation to then ace my data structures class when I take it and have a very firm foundation to do the same for the algorithms course.

I saw my weakness was math. So I am tightening that gap very quickly. Can't wait. I actually find proofs very beautiful and extremely interesting. DESU I already took a discrete course and made an A+ in it but that was several years ago and before I ever knew I wanted to do CS. But doing it ground up.
>>
Small isometric gaym in C++ using SFML.
>>
>>58014686
I would go for Elixir.
>>
>>58014567
Right now I'm working on making a ragdoll balance and walk with inverse kinematics for foot placement. I got most of it mapped out in my head at this point and a lot of the code written. I'll probably have something at least semi working today and some bugs to iron out.

I got the idea from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb-t4j9wt7E
>>
Trying to figure out how to lose my virginity.

Bad results thus far, but I'll keep everyone posted.
>>
Restarting my web hosting company that I had going in highschool. Boyo boy do I miss having money.
>>
Gonna upgrade my elementaryOS partition with loki. I might switch to ubuntu or something better.
>>
>>58014567
My current personal project is not tech-related.

I know, right?
>>
>>58015200
Just rent a slut, they can be pretty cheap.

Don't be beta (no need to be a fucking badass action hero, just don't be a weak faggot)

If you have body image issues or something like that then work on getting that shit sorted first. If you don't think your hot, no girl will either.
>>
File: vp-us-lc-library-gopher.png (40KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
vp-us-lc-library-gopher.png
40KB, 188x188px
>>58014567
playing with a dead rodent (setting up a Gopherhole)
>>
>>58014567

Setup a undervolting in my GPU.
>>
installing arch-gentoo sc reenfetch edition
>>
Convert rc Car to WiFi and build a web application for the controls using ajax, php, and python.
>>
create an algorithm that can found a gf for me
>>
Watching all that anime. That's pretty much the only thing I go to work to buy food and live for.
>>
File: MyFuckingSandalsAreOnFire.jpg (132KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
MyFuckingSandalsAreOnFire.jpg
132KB, 700x544px
>>58014567
New type of 'knowledge' storage, a novel data structure. Not a database.
It can ask questions.
C++14 and C++17.

You?
>>
>>58014567

opengl in c++
>>
>>58017223

you're gonna have a bad time
>>
>>58014567
Pi3 retropie boxes
Also sitting on some realtime kinect controlled audio/3d gfx stuff
>>
>>58014567
Starting Monday I'm going to do an in-depth intro in Java, finishing all the basic libraries (including multithreading, servlets etc) and then picking up a framework so I can actually do some freelance work and get paid.

I'm open to suggestions btw.
>>
>>58014567
coreutil like utility package for windows written in assembler. already got several basic ones working and now i'm refactoring common code to libraries and porting from batch to nmake as a build driver.
>>
>>58014673
Why when you are "good" enough it's fucking easy to start with
>>
Designing and programming a radically different OS and programming language/framework
>>
Got asked this question in a job interview. I told them I was working on training a neural network as an image classifier using tensorflow. This is at a company that uses mostly MS web forms. I think they pissed themselves.
>>
Finding a good laptop
>>
trying to make a non shitty UI for my web "app"
>>
>>58014567
Building a PC with a friend using our old parts (not that old, just have been replaced recently), we're gonna try to sell it all in one with Windows 7 installed on it for around $650
The trick to it, is that we're gonna use 2 gpus in SLI, and the case is gonna be those stupid looking ones that normies think are cool
"Console Killer!"
something stupid like that
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.