[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone use C++ or C if they're irrelevant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 14817956643552002358501.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
14817956643552002358501.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I don't want to start a flame war but this topic is too important to be left unanswered once and for all.

Why do people still use languages like c++ and Java, when it has been proven that Rust, Haskell, Lisp, Python, and few dialectics of JavaScript, are superior answer in almost every question.

C++ is outdated, template errorhell crapmess that keeps attempting to retrofit functional features into it's gay non-gnu-approved standard.

Dennis, Haskell curry, sussman and McCarthy all rolling in their graves

Don't lie about performance. If you care about performance go write your own language in llvm binding which makes it dirt with easy. And if you can't write a compiler, how the fuck you think you gonna be a good c programmer?

How is TOX coming btw? Took few years to make, hype died, never became stable and still fundamentally broken.

Could've used webrtc to make quick JavaScript client instead, and throw encryption on top with emscripten-compiled ASM.js

Cold've pulled it off in a month. But no, /g/ has to use c. What happened to SICP and abstraction? I literally came on my copy and one of pages is fucked up but I still love the book, but I'm getting off topic.

And don't fucking use Js. At least throw react on the bitch or write a scheme to JavaScript trandcompiler and do it in scheme like real man do.

If you too pussy for trandcompiler I can send you link to my GitHub so you can borrow mine.

And don't get a rusty pooper. Btw I paid $100 for the poster because I'm not a broke ass 4chan talker, and I actually FINISH my projects and make mad money off them.

It doesn't matter what you can get to kinda work, you have to POLISH that shit
>>
>>58010423
I'm gay
>>
File: 1481795951374970282771.jpg (957KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1481795951374970282771.jpg
957KB, 1944x2592px
No ballz to tattoo your favorite programming language on your arm.

Is there any real /g/ENTs still around from the olden days of Yore?
>>
Have you faggots heard of Mel? Because that's who I fucking am.

I hope you ain't using your childish visual sublime studio.

A real programmer uses magnet radiation to flip bits on hard drive to put the x86 opcodes directly in the drive.

But you aren't on my level. You aren't Mel. That's why don't waste your time with GUIs

If you're religious and feel like exploring stIGNUcious's profecies, then use Emacs.

If you wanna get shit done and get paid and put bread on table and impregnate hoes, then you use vim.

Emacs creator still lives in dorm room, just saying.

The new generation, you guys need to balance being practical and still exploring interesting subjects.

Use Python if you need to get shit done at work. Functional languages are beautiful, but you cant beat pip and amount of packages Python has.

Takes 2 days to master and can do 90% of what c++ can. Don't be cocky and write shitty c++. Be humble and write simple Python.

Metaprogramming template hell doesn't lead anywhere good in life. Trust me - I have seen what comes after abyss and it's not pretty. You'll see for yourself if you follow in my footsteps.

C++ was my first language and I have used it since age 10
>>
>>58010423
All this shit is bait or are you retarded for real?
>>
>keep mentioning JS
>AND DON'T FUCKING JS

I would feel sorry for you for wasting all this time writing garbage, but retards don't deserve my pity
>>
>>58010423

> C/C++
> Irrelevant

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>58010423
>when it has been proven that Rust, Haskell, Lisp, Python, and few dialectics of JavaScript
the tl;dr is probably a bunch of people that can't into C and C++.
>>
>>58010429
install gentoo
>>
>>58010423
Same reason people use Linux.
>>
>2017
>using anything at all but C#
>>
write an os in javascript

write a jit compiler in python
>>
>>58010423
C is irrelevant for anything but uC (think Atmel not Arduino)

C++ is irrelevant for anything but OS-level development

Rust, Haskell, Lisp are memes and you're literally braindead if you use them as anything but a toy
>>
File: wtfisthisthread.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthisthread.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
All the arguments i've read in this thread are kindergarden level
>>
>>58010423(You)
>>58010423(You)
Why would anyone use C++ or C if they're irrelevant? Rapa24647 12/15/16(Thu)10:56:19 No.58010423
>̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅ ̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅
cuz why not u fucken autosim xD
>>
>>58011162
Neat, it's an alien poster.
>>
>>58011050
there's a js Unix
>>
>>58010423
let me know when there is any half decent alternative to cuda.
>>
>>58010423

>when it has been proven that Rust, Haskell, Lisp, Python, and few dialectics of JavaScript, are superior answer in almost every question.

Rust: still immature, not many libraries
Haskell: space leaks and too slow
Lisp: either compiles to C anyway or too slow for low level
Python: literally C
JavaScript: Hahaha, you're kidding.. right?
>>
Dear god just dont
>>
OP was and always will be a fagoot
>>
>>58011050
Both have been done. Jit compilers in python are not even remotely rare and even theano is technically one. There's whole linux ports to javascript.

Nevermind the fact that this is all a strawman since you should be looking at rust for either task, and rust is never more than 10% slower than C, usually around 3%.
>>
File: 14351581881610.jpg (24KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
14351581881610.jpg
24KB, 320x301px
>>58010423
>I don't want to start a flame war
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.