[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the future of workplace technology? I've been working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (181KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
181KB, 460x215px
Is this the future of workplace technology?

I've been working my full time programming job through a pair of Chinese 4K HMDs all week.

I have them on with headphones, connected to a desktop without any monitors, using a 4K headless dongle to emulate a 4K display. I have 8 windows open as I type this, wrapped 220 degrees around my body 0.5 meters from my face. Best of all these HMDs cost less than a good 4K monitor and unlike a 4K display they take up zero space but can be wrapped around me 360 degrees if I wanted to.

I'm truly a believer since I started doing this. I don't remember being this productive since I first discovered 4K displays.
>>
File: nowthisis4chan.webm.webm (3MB, 1080x606px) Image search: [Google]
nowthisis4chan.webm.webm
3MB, 1080x606px
>>58010329
It's definitely the future, that's for sure
>>
>>58010484
That's amazing.
>>
>>58010484
Aww yus fellow VR bro!
>>
care to post a link to buy the hmds and dongle?

this could actually be life changing for me, i have 6 monitors right now and could easily use another 6 but the space and power draw are fucking nuts
>>
>>58010329
3 questions.
Link to headset
How bad is eye strain
Can it be used with glasses on?
>>
File: file.png (493KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
493KB, 1280x800px
>>58010503
>>58010509

OP here. I have an 3440x1440 Ultrawide, a 1080p, and my 1080p laptop. I haven't touched them in a week because of this.

Lookup Pimax 4K on GearBest, and the Dongle if fit-headless 4K gs (MAKE SURE IT'S THE 60Hz ONE!).

You can use it with glasses.

Eye strain is pretty fucking terrible at first, especially with the Chinese HMD. I actually own the vive as well, which has much better colors and isn't as straining on your eyes, but once getting used to the 4K ones I prefer them for sure, especially since those only require USB + HDMI which means a "VR Ready" laptop can run them and you can do this shit on the go. My next purchase is gonna be a good laptop to do this on the go.

Also, get a lap desk (I bought pic related and am typing on it)) so you can swivel around in your chair anywhere in the room and not break your neck having to keep your body still facing your computer desk.
>>
File: width.webm (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
width.webm
1MB, 400x224px
>>
>>58010543
Hololens? Can't see shit with your garbage quality video.
>>
>>58010543
What's the resolution on those?
>>
>>58010532

in a week? so are you enjoying your $500 toy because of the new feeling or do you actually see yourself using this permanently?

the price is fine (500 aud for me) but waiting like 45 days to ship from gearbest kind of stinks, and i feel like if these are as u say better than a vive then it'd be more well known right (like those korean monitors)
>>
>>58010602
they have no headtracking and are 60Hz
>>
How is it for just normal gaming and movies?
>>
>no positional tracking
Instant deal breaker desu.
>>
While we are on topic, can anyone comment on how the resolution of the current vr gears affects movies and shit?
I'm thinking about buying a vive but I'm afraid I wont be able to read my animus subtitles or read shit with it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.