[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon Prime Air

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What's /g/'s opinion on drone delivery?
Are we looking at the future, here or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNySOrI2Ny8

Obviously there's a long list major issues that need to be worked out, these are early days. But I think it has potential to revolutionise logistics.
>>
>>58010233
It would be nice if the botnet thing was stepped down a bit.

We're literally heading into a Half life/Elysium type dystopia.
>>
File: 1467634392846.jpg (856KB, 2000x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1467634392846.jpg
856KB, 2000x1225px
>>58010233
People believe in "the future" as it were a communist future, but meanwhile buy Macs and $700 phones. Sigh.
>>
>>58010233
so many issues with this
from people easily knocking down and stealing the goods, to people using birds to do so, to random birds fucking shit up bcus that's what dinosaurs do, to wind fucking shit up, to a package/drone falling on someones head, to a battery magically failing and then breaking some expensive ass car...
>>
>>58010274
You should contact them. I'm sure no else thought of these issues.
>>
File: 1476723621597.jpg (53KB, 494x782px) Image search: [Google]
1476723621597.jpg
53KB, 494x782px
>>58010233
They need to give it time. If Amazon decides to expand on those little Amazon stores across the country, as well as using these stores as a drone pickup/dropoff location, then I can see this being useful. But for right now it seems like you must be pretty damn close to a fulfillment center (which I imagine a very good majority of these centers are in the middle of nowhere) for this to be useful at all.

I also feel like niggers are going to ruin our fun by constantly throwing/shooting shit at the drones for the BLM movement.
>>
I'm concerned about things like, well, weather.

It'd suck if it starts raining while your delivery drone is out, I'm not sure what kind of performance it'd have in wet windy weather. Strong winds will inevitably fuck it up. Plus they'd ever have to have waterproof packaging or something.
>>
>>58010233
would be awesome, especially if they get it to work in unobtrusive ways.
>>
>>58010274
Drones will have self defense turrets to prevent the first three and backup drones flying in a squadron to prevent the last one
>>
>>58010233

Cargo Blimp?
>>
>>58010274
>to a battery magically failing and then breaking some expensive ass car...
or cracking someone's fucking skull
>>
>>58010252
Communism will never work because people like owning things. Private property is something we innately want.

>>58010274
Actually it might make it harder for people to steal packages. The deliveryman pretty much has to leave a package on your front steps. A drone could drop it in the back yard or on the roof or some other area where people can't just walk up and grab it.

>>58010422
Watch it get them caught.
>From: Amazon Drone automated report
>To: County Sheriff
>At 12:34:21pm, Tuesday, Octember 32nd, our drone had four rounds fired at it at location X.XXXX north, Y.YYYY west. Please find attached eight photographs of the shooter and his companion...
>>
Wasn't amazon drones just a fake advertisement to get more people coming and buying things in the site for Christmas the last year?
>>
>>58010551
>Communism will never work because people like owning things. Private property is something we innately want.
No. Human is made to upgrade oneself through the acquisition and the mastering of new tools.

For example, the Apple products being very expensive and needing few to no effort to master are highly demanded; and people like to boast for the possession of these products (with a 'riced' LED logo at the front of their screen) as an homo habilis would've boast for the possession of one of the first iron axes.

Private property is not something we want, it's our nature alienating us (in this very "new" (natural selection-wise) context). But we've come to a point where we hate our boss, our banker, and the private owner of our rented house more than we love the last MacBook.
>>
>>58010652
>and the private owner of our rented house
>not owning your own house
>not owning multiple properties and renting them out

When did /g/ allow such poorfags?
>>
>>58010679
>I have a patrimony of 11 apartments
Looks like I triggered your insecurities anon.
>>
As someone who has a pretty cheap drone for filming and playing around purposes, the noise they make is absolutely atrocious.

That alone will probably kill off people's interest after initial speculation. And if that won't do it, every city across the country will pass a noise ordinance with the end goal to stop drones from flying. They are that obnoxiously loud.

Real innovation would be making a system that dampens the sound they make. So far, we can only speculate that a few secret military contractors have that technology.
>>
>>58010746
>the noise they make is absolutely atrocious.

I can second this.

Although, I would say that the current state of commercial/recreational drones are primitive compared to how the manufacturers are going to build them in the near future. I believe they will eventually be quiet as a mouse and fly with no human assistance.
Also ,the public perception of them is in it's infancy. The concept of "shooting at one" will be similar to how people would react to the thought of shooting a UPS delivery van. Yeah, it's carrying stuff, but ultimately no one thinks about robbing one when it drives past them in the street.

There used to be an insane amount of Train robberies when they were first being used to transport goods, now it never happens.
It all works itself out in the end I guess is what i'm trying to say.
>>
>>58010956
Problem is that we literally have not invented any kind of sound dampening system on helicopters yet.

In the 80's and 90's the Americans were working on a stealth attack helicopter that got eventually scrapped in favor of drone development. The research of that project eventually bore fruit into the still-top-secret stealth variant of the black hawk helicopter (if it even is a black hawk).

When the Americans went in to fuck up Osama everyone around the neighborhood was tweeting and sharing on Facebook about extremely loud noises coming from outside. They scoffed it off as being a military training exercise and didn't call the police since Osama lived less than 10km from a Pakistani military base. Authorities were contacted when people heard gunshots and realized some real shit was going down. But by that time the Americans had already left after blowing up one of their top secret helis after it crash landed.

The way helicopters work is inherently not silent. That's a fundamental problem of the technology in drones right now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.