[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Richard Stallman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: parrot-love.jpg (50KB, 1180x790px) Image search: [Google]
parrot-love.jpg
50KB, 1180x790px
Can we have a thread about Richard Stallman? Has anyone met him during his university tours?
>>
>>58004586

Yeah, I met him once.

He plucked something from between my toes and popped it into his mouth. As he crunched down on whatever it was, he leaned in close and whispered, "nobody will ever believe you". His breath smelled like stale Cheetoes and tooth decay.
>>
>>58004586
Stallman is such a meme at this point it's kind of sad that nobody takes him seriously anymore. I mean, yes there are reasons nobody takes him that seriously but he's still an important figure IMO.
>>
>>58005076
It's 4chan memes you shouldn't be taking seriously.
>>
>>58005571
comfy
>>
>>58005571
Nice.

>>58005076
I take him seriously.

>>58004632
wtf man
>>
File: oops he did it again.jpg (158KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
oops he did it again.jpg
158KB, 900x675px
>>
File: up the wall.jpg (109KB, 686x720px) Image search: [Google]
up the wall.jpg
109KB, 686x720px
I was reading his book of essays earlier, because hey, free shit, maybe I'll learn something. I accept that I am a Windows cuck with no interest in GNU/Linux, or as I call it, GNU+Linux, but fucking hell, this guy is such a meme. He's so militant about words meaning what he says they mean, and denying that they mean things that they definitely also mean, that I can't take him seriously. He's such a charmless autist that I came to /g/ specifically to complain about him, so it's wonderful news that this thread exists.
>>
File: UtPHDXO.jpg (219KB, 800x727px) Image search: [Google]
UtPHDXO.jpg
219KB, 800x727px
>>58006092
>charmless

I think that word suits him perfectly. The dude is like one of those friends who makes everything difficult for no good reason. I followed his stuff for a while, hell I even used Trisquel for around 6 months. The bottom line is the FSF is just too damn anal about every little thing, it makes computing not fucking fun. Like the vegans of the linux community.
>>
>>58005866
TERRY!
>>
File: RMS.png (308KB, 450x399px) Image search: [Google]
RMS.png
308KB, 450x399px
>>58006092
>He's so militant about words meaning what he says they mean, and denying that they mean things that they definitely also mean
>>
Is there a list of where he goes to speak and where he's been?
>>
>>58006286
You'd better not be one of those CIA niggers
>>
Love it or hate it, Stallman's perspective is definitely important to have around. I'm no where near as adamant about free software as the FSF are, but raising awareness for alternative licensing options, auditable software, and the promotion of the academic study of software has definitely contributed to the growth of certain aspects of the field.

His other ramblings are pretty ordinary by comparison. Pretty much like any other grandpa
>>
>>58006421
Nah just playing wheres terry? Here on /g/
>>
What's stallman's favourite vidya?
>>
File: 1481386837951-gif.gif (339KB, 370x330px) Image search: [Google]
1481386837951-gif.gif
339KB, 370x330px
>>58005571
>mfw /g/ doesn't realize Sabayon is a usable version of Gentoo
>>
>>58006092
>He's so militant about words meaning what he says they mean, and denying that they mean things that they definitely also mean,

Have you read an academic book in your life? They do that all the time so that you always know exactly what they mean.
>>
>>58008253
What's unusable about gentoo?
>>
>>58006092

This "militant" behaviour of him is really a downer..

I like GNU and I like the thoughts of the free software movement. But this dogmatic nitpicking about "GNU+Linux" and countless other stuff is so stupid.

Bascially if RMS wouldn't take himself so seriously I could like him more.
>>
>>58009940

Yes, but watch his speeches, he is just so stubborn and self-opinionated. Constantly correcting others as if nobody had any clue whatsoever.

He is literally the opposite of understatement.

Hey, let's call it Edison/GNU/Linux.. oh wait, Tesla/Edison/GNU/Linux.. because without their accomplishments.. blah blah blah
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.