[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

Well?
>>
>>57995633
MATE, SSH server, standrad system utilities
>>
>>57995633
KDE pls
>>
ssh server
then ssh to it via my MBP terminal :^)
>>
>>57995633
LXDE, print server, standard system utilities
>>
xfce then i3 and uninstall xfce?
>>
>>57995633
KDE
>>
is that jessie?
that's hella out of date
>>
>>57995657
>>57995697
Only if it's KDE5
>>
>>57995770
What makes you think it isn't stretch? And how do you know he's not gonna jump to sid?
>>
>>57995647
fpbp
>>
>>57995633
XFCE, uninstall XFCE, install a WM to avoid DE bloat. ezpz
>>
>>57995808
stretch would have more to pick from, including lxqt.

and i'm not sure how a jump from jessie to sid would fare
>>
>>57995633
openbox
>>
>>57995834
>The reliable way to install testing from scratch is to do a minimal installation with the stable installer, then upgrade from stable to testing.
>Alternatively, you could use the testing image of the debian-installer, but note that the testing installer is more for testing the installer than for installing testing. Bugs in the testing installer should be filed against the debian-installer pseudopackage.
>>
>>57995910
that was not a general comment, but because there have been significant transitions since jessie was released.

kde, for example probably won't survive properly.
>>
>>57995939
I thought you were implying its better to install testing iso than stable and then update the repo to testing
KDE will probably break to pieces yes
>>
SSH server and then standard system utilities.

Once you log in:
su - 
sed -i -e 's/stable/testing/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install awesome

Replace awesome with xfce4-desktop if you don't want a tiling wm.
>>
>>57996014
This.
>>
>>57995633
Fuck the print server
>>
>>57995633
>DE
>>
>>57996014
>testing
Are you stupid? Testing is frozen unstable, which means, you have to live with unfixed bugs for a long while. Testing isn't meant for the desktop, use unstable (sid) like a human.
>>
>>57997502
You're dumb.
>>
>>57995674
>>57995822
>he can't install his preferred WM from the command line
>>
>>57995633
is there not already like 10 threads of faggots posting there favorite DE?
>>
>>57995633
Only SSH server and standard system utilities.
>>
>>57995633
Openbox or i3
>>
>>57996014
>-get
shyggigyty.jpg
>>
only ssh server

~minimal~
>>
>>57995633
>no (insert my niche window manager)
seems like a shitty distro
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.