[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he didn't wait for Zen >he got scammed by jewtel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1450275767399.jpg (178KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1450275767399.jpg
178KB, 798x770px
>he didn't wait for Zen
>he got scammed by jewtel
>>
>tfw 2500k
literally no reason to be a dumb goy and upgrade
>>
>>57995060
Yes there is most CPU are the same now in performance ,all that left is how do you tell the difference CPU from one another. Aka features.
>>
my cooler doesn't work with anything modern besides lga 1151 and i've been waiting 10 years to use it, ten years sitting in its factory seal, 10 year old artic silver 5 that i still used, i don't care about what amd has in the pipeline
>>
>>57995044
why wait for what you need? Assuming you need a shitposting machine, any cheap current shit is good enough. So the argument is then that you need a fast chip to get work done, because there would be no other reason. Do you value your work so lowly that you'd wait for a maybe $200 cheaper chip for 2+ years or get a fast one right now and enjoy better productivity for those two years? If you do nothing productive, you shouldn't be bringing this up in the first place because it doesn't apply to you.

TL;DR: kys
>>
>>57995044
You really think its not going to be shit. Havent you learnt yet?
Holy shit you are one dumb cunt.
>>
>>57995044
>frogposter
just kill yourself already
>>
Zen took too long...I just got an FX, works fine. Everything in 1080p plays just fine.

Worth the small asking price.
>>
bois you could shitpost on a raspberry pi why do you even want those CPUs ?
>>
>>57995299

This. Just picked up an fx8350 + Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo combo for $185 over the Thanksgiving sales. I have all the other parts (16 GB DDR3 1866, 650W Gold PSU, SSDs, GTX780, blu ray and DVD burners, Raijintek Themis cooling block, case etc.) from my old Phenom II 965 rig.

Running 27" 2560x1440 plus 24" 1920x1200 monitors, and getting a 40" UHD TV to watch Mongolian cartoons. Plenty of cooling and nothing in the system gets much over ~50°C except for spikes in load, usually closer to 40°C. I'm good for 3 years minimum, and probably 5+.

Kind of curious what will be available in 2022/2023. Shit coming out before 2020 will be obsolete by the time I need my next upgrade.

Shame of it is, I really thought (back around June) I'd be buying a Zen last month.

Fuck them. Fuck them all. Fuck waiting until next Thanksgiving, because they can eat my filthy asshole raw if they think I'm paying 300% of top dollar to buy whatever they decide to release new in Feb or April 2017. Or whenever the fuck they finally pull their finger out of their ass and finally put this shit into production.

Not part of my life anymore. See you fucking clowns when Trump is finishing his second term. If the world lasts that long.
>>
>>57995044
AMD put a lot of efforts on opencl, they work on blender, libreoffice, caffecl, etc.
If you need opencl/cuda and has a long term vision, choose AMD.
Because opencl/syCL will kill cuda because of theses things:
Android support. When Lightview AIs will be used on Android opencl will be far more interesting.
MacOS support : all modern macs only have AMD or Intel gpus.
Performance/price AMD has a better compute architecture.
FPGA support.
Intel gpus support.
And finally : webCL. It is not yet supported by browsers but it will revolutionize websites with machine learning among others things.
And openCL has the spir-V avantages (you can use it easily with opengl, Vulkan, and OpenVX and others AIs oriented apis from khronos.) what cuda can't.
GPU marketshare of AMD is growing a lot since polaris.
And finally in 2017 everybody should buy AMD zen apus, Where their igpu will have the power of a gtx 960, enough for opencl being used on every computers.
And nvidia gpu marketshare will die, because the AMD apus will eat all the low end and mid end dgpu marketshare. And they will eat the high end because of crossfire support (multicpu) so your amd dgpu will be able to use the power of your amd igpu similtaneously, what nvidia can't do.
>>
>>57995628
that's real nice, but we are currently having a big goy problem amongst consumers.
Nvidia isn't going to go down soon, neither will intel.
>>
>>57995220
Rude! You know he has a name. He is called Pepe.
>>
>>57995628
Now wipe the spittle off the screen & go outside into the real world you spastic.
>>
>>57995044
>he waited for zen to get performance of 5 years ago with intel
>>
>>57995628
Except Intel and Nvidia literally did that for the past decade to AMD and guess who's still kicking.
>>
>>57995044
I haven't been following.

When is "consumer" Zen supposed to drop?
>>
>>57995299
>>57995626
These. Got myself a used i5 3550 housefire, will put it in a WC and stay with it for a long time.
>>
>>57995044
poor people are disgusting please go away
>>
>>57995044
>didn't wait for zen
>just bought a new 8core amd cpu a couple months ago
>won't switch to zen for a while because those fucking assholes took so long to give us a release date
>>
File: Snapchat-5911764830440091842.jpg (296KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5911764830440091842.jpg
296KB, 720x1184px
>tfw I bought a 4790k 2 years ago like a good goy
>tfw I didn't listen when everyone said wait for zen

why even live?
>>
>>57996658
You're alright.

I bought a 6700k. Wish I had waited. Didn't think a 4.5ghz 6700k couldn't manage fucking Dota 2 and encoding simultaneously. SHIT
>>
>>57995085
Tl:dr fuck it just spend your money no point in waiting for anything just buy whatever.
>>
>>57996680
It can't?
>>
>>57996658
I dont believe you. See anyone who has a 4790k is safe in the knowledge AMD is still 6 years behind it.
>>
>>57995299
>>57995626
Hahaha

>paying for ~4 year old CPU aka ancient CPUs

You could've wait for Zen if AMD is your preference
>>
>>57996841
Waiting for a decent product from AMD is like waiting for Godot.
>>
>>57995044
>waiting nearly 5 years

lol why would I do that?
>>
>>57996917
And then after that waiting they still dont perform as well as the intels.
>>
>still on Core 2

>tfw holding out for Kaby Lake to be the most future-proof but now probably going to get Ryzen instead
>>
>>57995080
>too poor to buy another cpu cooler
lmao
>>
>>57995739
it doesnt need for intel to go down...
amd literally gave intel their gcn instruction set....they are literally building an ISA standard around them
nvidia is going to be on a really hard position..
>>
>>57997121
>the most futureproof
>last gen before coming up with another new socket to keep the goyim in fear
>>
>>57996680
But Dota 2 has been around for a good while, so you would know if it somehow wasn't possible.

And for a lot of people that stream they don't have dedicated rigs set up primarily for encoding, so most people are running of their CPU entirely for gameplay and encoding.

AMD is just employing jewish tricks to fool people like you into thinking it somehow isn't possible.
>>
>>57995299
Should've waited for that sweet price drop then
>>
>people still buy 5 year old AYYMD CPUs
2010 single core in 2016 is trash.
>b-b-but muh octacore!!
>gets btfo by a dual core intel cpu in single and multi threaded tasks
>>
>>57997832
have seen a lot of streams streaming on 1080p 60fps in one rig? and especially on a single cpu
>>
I didnt wait for zen. I just bought the fx 8350 a week ago for $200 with mobo. How bad did I fuck up?
>>
File: 1451370578580.png (197KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1451370578580.png
197KB, 458x458px
>>57998302
I even did it myself just to see, with Dota 2 maxed the heck out and streaming at 1080p60FPS, a bitrate of 3000, a 10 second delay, x264 encoding, and stock 6700K settings.

Aside from dropped frames on Twitch's end and the FPS not seeming like the full 60 in some places despite OBS settings, it didn't perform exactly how AMD showcased in their demo of their "modified" 6700K (as in it didn't fucking stutter all over the place like a bald manlet draven main).

I don't necessarily care whether or not Ryzen actually does blow Intel out of the water, they need competition since Kaby Lake is doing nothing to improve. I just don't like it when people blatantly lie about the quality of a product in comparison to theirs when you're the owner of said product they're lying about.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.