[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feds Unveil Rule Requiring Cars To 'Talk' To Each Other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 19

File: image.gif (151KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
151KB, 500x333px
>Citing an enormous potential to reduce crashes on U.S. roadways, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued a proposed rule today that would advance the deployment of connected vehicle technologies throughout the U.S. light vehicle fleet. The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking would enable vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication technology on all new light-duty vehicles, enabling a multitude of new crash-avoidance applications that, once fully deployed, could prevent hundreds of thousands of crashes every year by helping vehicles “talk” to each other.

>“We are carrying the ball as far as we can to realize the potential of transportation technology to save lives,” said U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx. “This long promised V2V rule is the next step in that progression. Once deployed, V2V will provide 360-degree situational awareness on the road and will help us enhance vehicle safety.”
>>
>>57988378
I won't comply.
>>
>>57988378
>send false data
>cause car crash
seems like a good idea

>>57988390
This
>>
Sorry, here's the sauce: http://www.nhtsa.gov/About-NHTSA/Press-Releases/nhtsa_v2v_proposed_rule_12132016
>>
File: botnet.jpg (24KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
botnet.jpg
24KB, 320x238px
>>
File: 1476078139969.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1476078139969.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
>>57988378
PLEASE YES.
>send false info
>cars start crashing into each other
>they backtrack immediately
>millions of dollars wasted, lesson learned when it comes to sentient cars
>>
>Ford gets in on this
>sends ping to nearest car
>does nothing else
>>
Before you guys get all tinfoil hat batshit. This is a picture of robots designed to move products around a warehouse. The operate extremely quickly and efficiently. While there is a predetermined grid on the floor, the robots navigate around eachother merely by sending messages and deciding who will go first
>>
>>57989768
great picture, this really clears things up
>>
>>57989768
Really makes you think.
>>
File: 3.jpg (88KB, 458x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
88KB, 458x263px
>>57989768
>>
>>57989768

ffs forgot pic
>>
File: smug.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px)
smug.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
post yfw V2V connection becomes as unreliable as PnP, Bluetooth and DHCP
post yfw the crashes increase
>>
I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if it weren't both completely pointless (when was the last time you saw someone driving a 2016/2017 car?) and completely dangerous (do you really think they'll stop at cars simply pinging each other?).

of course it'll probably pass, though.
>>
I already knew I was keeping my fifteen-year-old Civic forever when they mandated that all new cars have backup cameras in them last year.
>>
>>57990026
>whining about backup cameras
???

Also your Civic is trash, I bet it has an automatic.
>>
>>57990046
>being too retarded to back a car in a straight line without a camera
>>
>>57990103
You think that's the point of backup cameras?

Fuck, maybe self driving cars are a good idea...
>>
>>57990046
It mandates that there be a screen in the car. So you can no longer buy a vehicle without some shitty "infotainment system" that wants to sync with your phone. The screen and computer has to be there, so now it'll be a standard feature, not something you can drop to save money and avoid botnettery.

>>57990119
idk about you but between three mirrors, a neck, and the ability to turn my body to the right to look over my shoulder, I don't need technological assistance to reverse.

I can read a map, too, instead of needing GPS to tell me where to go.
>>
>>57988390
>>57988398
Unsafe dangerous drivers

Enjoy your new adjusted premiums

Making humans drive like robots will make roads safer
>>
>>57990292
I self insure.
>>
>>57990215
>It mandates that there be a screen in the car.
Do you complain that your car comes with mandated mirrors and ECS too ?
>>
>>57990299
> I have no insurance

You are a criminal
>>
>>57989768
Go away fed shill.
>>
>>57988390
>>57988398
Have fun arguing that with your insurance agency/in court when you get inevitably sued.
You'd likely get fined heavily and also potentially charged with a felony.
>>
>>57990292
Not wanting to use new technology != unsafe drivers
>>
>>57990318
New Hampshire doesn't mandate auto insurance, IIRC.

>>57990312
Mirrors don't flash lights at me and try to distract me like screens do. They also don't keep records of where and how I drive. They don't break unless physically struck, and are easy to repair if that happens, unlike a computer system.
>>
>>57990299
>I self insure.
Unless you're not in the states, hasn't that been illegal for decades?
Also
>anons on /g/ having hundreds of thousands sitting in a bank account
doubt.jpg
>>
>>57990339
>getting sued for not using new technology
wtf has the world come to
>>
>>57990383
Noncompliance implies that you don't have the mandated technology installed, which could lead to a suit.

Also that other dude advocated sending false data to induce a crash which would be a felony.
>>
File: 1455743228569.jpg (29KB, 428x344px) Image search: [Google]
1455743228569.jpg
29KB, 428x344px
>be journalist
>get tracked to all your sources
>learn something about government you shouldn't
>"russian hackers" crash your car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY_CmhnC4dA
>>
>>57990405
The government can not force me to install their shitty spyware.
>>
This isn't surprising at all. This has come up in every conversation about fully automated vehicles ever.
>>
Some idiot braking at the wrong time can cause a traffic jam, cars should stay in their driving safe space, the humans can steer the wheel.
>>
>>57990215
>Cameras are shit, shit!
Okay buddy. Tell me about how you can see the cat that just wandered behind your car while you were tuning your analog radio.

>no screen
>save money
The screen in your vehicle is worth like $50 maximum. Probably less.
>>
>purchase car
>spoof its GPS location
>"yeah there's a car driving down the wrong side of the freeway at 150mph we need all units available to converge pls"

kek
>>
>>57990511
>implying they wouldn't remotely drive you car into a tree
>>
>>57990503
by using my mirrors and neck? by paying attention to what I'm doing when I'm driving instead of watching twitter updates on my dashboard?
>>
>>57990524
>implying you can read
>>
>>57990511
>take a wrong turn
>car gets ransomware'd by Indians
>>
>>57990318
You're a moron.
>>57990375
No it's not illegal in America to self insure.
>doubt.jpg
Doubt all you want.
>>
>>57990339
>get sued and become a criminal because I drive an old car
Haha, they can try.
>>
>>57990549
>implying the police would chase after the car instead of remotely disabling it.
>>
>>57990537
>by using my mirrors and neck?
You can see an object in your blind spot? You can crane your neck so far that you can see a small animal directly behind your bumper and close to your vehicle? I seriously doubt that unless you're a giraffe that drives a convertible.

>while I'm driving
You weren't driving. Your were sitting in a stationary vehicle and something wandered behind you.
>>
>Giving up liberty so you can save a small animal

shig
>>
File: Untitled.png (299KB, 1219x329px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
299KB, 1219x329px
What's up with all these news threads?
>>
>>57990600
if it's small enough that I can't see it while I'm turned around looking over my right shoulder, it's small enough to run over without damaging my car.

Source: I've killed squirrels that way
>>
>>57990615
Fuck off. They're /g/ related for once.
>>
>>57990443
It's not uploading your location and amount of contraband to a satellite, it's just making a fucking beeping sound when there's a car in your blind spot.
>>
>>57990002
no shit. all it takes is for some loser company to make a shit implementation of this protocol and cause a 20 car pileup.

also to the people who want to "hack" their cars and send out false telemetry, i'm 107% certain everyone is going to implement some kind of secure boot or application signing to prevent this.
>>
>>57990615
>>57990723
agreed, better than the daisuki~ threads and the like
>>
>>57990858
because that never ever gets cracked or bypassed, right? And because nobody could possibly just hook up a radio to a computer and broadcast whatever the fuck they want.

>>57990868
but those are cute
>>
>>57990611
What liberty do you give up by having a backup camera?
>>
>>57990922
the liberty to remain ignorant of whats behind you
>>
>>57989392
> >millions of dollars wasted, lesson learned when it comes to sentient cars
> lesson learned
When has this ever happened when it came to government?
>>
>>57990896
>because that never ever gets cracked or bypassed, right?
Yeah, pretty much. When was the last time a major company had their signing keys cracked by random miscreants?
>>
>>57991003
>>When has this ever happened when it came to government?
Government still hasn't learned that prohibition was a dumb idea.
>>
>>57990896
>broadcast whatever the fuck they want
they will almost certainly employ some kind of mutual authentication scheme like TLS to prevent people from doing that. the problem is, how can you verify a car's identity? you'd almost need to issue a digital certificate to each car, and of course when that happens, you throw any semblance of privacy out the window since now you've got a unique identification tied to your car broadcasting at all times.
>>
>>57990922
The liberty to not rely on a useless piece of shit that distorts your perception of distance, has more blind spots than looking over your shoulder, and shows you nothing but ice crystals in winter.
>>
>>57990299
How do you do this?
>>
File: 1475770734862.jpg (12KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
1475770734862.jpg
12KB, 426x382px
>>57990800
>It's not uploading your location to a satellite
>>
>>57990800
Did you even read op's post? It is not about blind spot detection.
>>
>>57991064
>rely on
You don't rely on it, idiot. It's there to supplement the other tools you already have.
>>
>>57991064
In what way does the backup camera prevent your neck from moving?
>>57991076
Have money in the bank.
>>
>>57990008
>when was the last time you saw someone driving a 2016/2017 car
Literally everyday. A lot of idiots lease.

Plus if your car isn't compliant, they'll just raise your insurance prices.
>>
>>57988378
NOPE

how long until this becomes standard?

Euro V doesnt even take self/semi driving cars into crash scores yet.

euro vi and vii will though
>>
>>57991062
>TLS
Ooh boy. how much you wanna bet that whatever auto-company pajeet that implements that forgets to validate certificates? What stops me from taking the transmitter out of a junked car and feeding it phony data from a simulated engine? How would you handle revocation? What CAs will cars trust? If they're anything like browsers they'll trust a gorillion shady ones from all over the world.
>>
>>57991085
>>57991087
It's a useless supplement. I had one in my car, I would look over my shoulder like normal, roads are clear, look into the backup monitor, and as I'm looking into it a car screams by. This happened so often that I altogether stopped using the camera. The amount of near accidents it caused was ridiculous. Fucking useless. I don't want useless features to be mandatory in any car I own.
>>
>>57989392
oh yeah just like all those self driving cars plowing into each other and mowing down pedestrians

fuck out the way Luddites
>>
>>57991160
Sounds like it's you who is fucking useless. Pay more attention to your surroundings, retard. You use the backup camera to check what is behind you in your blind spot before you move.
>>
>>57991125
those are all excellent questions. i'm sure someone is going to be paid a lot of money to pretend to know the answers to those.

>What stops me from taking the transmitter out of a junked car and feeding it phony data from a simulated engine? How would you handle revocation?
if you're running the computer without an engine, then that would probably read as zero RPM or other weird shit to the computer. maybe that could be used to determine if transmit mode were available. but of course those signals can always be faked with some bitbanging from an rpi or something.
>>
File: Wall-E obese humans - cropped.jpg (177KB, 576x415px) Image search: [Google]
Wall-E obese humans - cropped.jpg
177KB, 576x415px
>>57991170
>not being a Luddite in 2016
I mean, what are you even moving towards? This?
>>
>>57991200
>zero RPM is weird shit
You realize when you turn a car's ignition to ON the electronics are running and the engine is off and that's why you see a host of warning lights, right? That's basically a normal state. A running engine isn't a requirement for a moving car, either.
>>
>>57991191
The backup camera has no peripheral vision. It sees what it sees and that's it. You see more stuff behind you by looking over your shoulder.

You wouldn't drive forwards looking at nothing but a tiny screen showing a moderate-wide-angle view of the road ahead, why would you back up that way?
>>
>>57991202
I really hope commuting isn't your passion
>>
>>57991202
>technology a bad because a kid's movie showed it being used badly in a made up future!
Please do just drop out of society
>>
>>57991217
How could you so conveniently ignore how it's supposed to be used? Are you trying to be ignorant?
>>
>>57991217
>why would you back up that way?
You're not supposed to. That's what we've been trying to tell you. You glance at the backup camera to make sure there's nothing right behind your vehicle that you can't easily see.
>>
>>57990922
Being able to not have it in newly produced vehicles.
>>
>>57991216
hey man, i'm just spitballing here. of course cars of the future might not even have RPMs to measure if electric cars catch on.
>>
>>57989932
yeah great so who owns the warehouse that is the country of usa
>>
>>57991219
I like driving, yes, but that's not the point. You'll eventually reach a point where humans aren't needed to do anything and then what will they do?
>>57991228
Technology isn't bad but people don't seem to have a fucking clue about what they're going to do with it that doesn't end up making life worse.
>>
>>57988378
>2060
>Chinese botnet infects millions of cars
>Every car in a specific geographic location shut down or crashed
>>
>>57991191
I do pay more attention to my surroundings-- WHEN I'M NOT LOOKING AT A REARVIEW CAMERA!

Welcome to the point I'm making.
>>
>>57991276
Holy shit you are a retard.
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (21KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.jpg
21KB, 291x302px
>>57991240
So I'm looking behind me, over my shoulder, at where I'm going when I'm reversing. Now I'm supposed to look away, towards the dashboard where the backup camera screen is, so as to see it's view of what I was already looking at?
>>
>>57991289
>Lose argument.
>Call opponent retarded.
I bet you're the kind of person who thinks they're one of the people who can text and drive at the same time really well.
>>
>>57991322
You can text and drive at the same time, but that's not relevant here. You look at the backup camera BEFORE you start moving, retard. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that, you shouldn't be driving.
>>
>>57991335
Then why doesn't the camera shut off when the vehicle moves?

Dashboards are smart enough to disable GPS interaction when moving so you don't crash, but won't turn off when you're not supposed to look at it?

Keep digging your grave with more shitty arguments.
>>
>>57991335
simpler solution: Don't start moving until your head is pointed over your shoulder. That's easy to do, you know. You don't start going forwards if you're not looking through the windshield after all.

backup cameras are solving a nonexistent problem. They're gadgetry for the sake of having gadgetry.
>>
>>57991362
>Then why doesn't the camera shut off when the vehicle moves?
Because it can be used while the car is moving, such as to check the distance between your car and another car when parallel parking. What's wrong with you, dude? How do you function?
>>57991368
>Don't start moving until your head is pointed over your shoulder
So you have X-ray vision, huh?
>>
>>57988378
>Toyota can't even code an accelerator pedal
>Hey let's trust them to "talk" to our cars!

This will go well.
>>
>>57991380
more like, if I see something behind me, or something that soon will be behind me, I don't take my foot off the brake. How is x-ray vision needed for this?
>>
>>57991380
>Because it can be used when the car is moving
You just said not to look at it when the car is moving. Which I agree with because it's fucking dangerous and why I think it's useless.

So thank you for doubling back and agreeing with me, moron.

Do you drive a lifted truck by chance?
>>
>>57991402
Are you brain damaged? How can you see what's already behind the car in your blind spot just by turning your head?
>You just said not to look at it when the car is moving.
Yes, don't look at the display like a moron when backing out into a street, fucktard.
>Do you drive a lifted truck by chance?
No, bitch boy.
>>
>>57988378
>America
>free
>democracy
>the majority is ALWAYS right!
this is why we need voluntaryism, god this is depressing.
>>
>>57991441
>You need to have backup cameras! They're so important!
>don't look at them when you back up btw, that's just stupid
>>
>2019
>The Department of Justice and Department of Transportation have jointly drafted a bill requiring all motor vehicles to have a remote kill switch, which would have cars automatically pull to the shoulder, come to a halt, and lock the doors

it's a slippery slope
>>
>>57991471
You're just retarded, it's terminal. I'm sorry for you family.
>>
>>57991458
America is not a democracy.
>>
>>57990600
why bring up small animals you sound like you want to be a hippie and protect all life but still want to drive a car
>>
>>57991498
Everyone always thinks america is a democracy, it's annoying. It's a federal republic where you elect people to represent you in congress or in the house or whatever.
>>
>>57991498
regardless of your pointlessly splitting hairs over democracies vs republics, it's a place that was suppose to respect the freedoms of its citizens and be a force for good in the world, and it no longer is.
>>
>>57991025
you do realize random miscreants are not the only people who will attempt to break this
>>
>>57991551
It's not pointless. America is not a democracy, for good reason. The only democratic process in the American government is election, and even that isn't purely democratic.
>it's a place that was suppose to respect the freedoms of its citizens
Nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with the constitution.
>a force for good in the world
Nah, fuck off with that.
>>
why the fuck would you ever oppose this? Do people like sitting in mind numbing traffic?
>>
>>57991614
What, you can't do something else while you wait?
>>
>>57991640
wait for what?
>>
>Hurr it's my right to die in a car crash if I want to
>>
>>57991614
Why wouldn't you oppose this? It's literally removing freedom.
>>
>>57991655
To get to where you're going?

>>57991668
> don't kill yourself goy, we need tax monies!

>>57991684
This.
>>
File: 1468677016016.jpg (88KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1468677016016.jpg
88KB, 500x667px
>>57988378
I've got a finger that does all the talking I need
>>
>>57991684
I don't plan on committing any crimes, do you?
>>
>>57991731
Really nigga?
>>
Is someone going to regularly audit the software to make sure the software is free of notable vulnerabilities and sue companies who do not address vulnerabilities in a timely fashion?
>>
>>57991614
because of knee jerk contrarianism
>>
>>57992158
>you're contrarian if you value freedom
>>
File: Kpg_f.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Kpg_f.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>
Does this mean there will be a market for "off grid vehicles" in the future?
>>
>>57988378
this is bullshit, all that is needed is more stringent driver's education and harder tests to earn a license. why does this country give licenses out so easily in the first place?
>>
>>57990443
Just like the government can't force you to install seat belts right?
>>
>>57990503
How much do you know about the car industry ? BMW will charge 600 dollars for a tool kit 'worth' 50
>>
>>57988378

Good idea, But as with all government plans involving electronics and networking, it'll fail miserably if it starts in the US.

They'll hold some hunger games style selection process between 30 different companies, 20 of which will only have "proposals" with nothing to show at the selection process itself. Of the remaining 10, 5 will be completely inept and achieve virtually nothing. 2 Will excel vastly in 1-2 particular goals of the trial, but will be utterly inept at or missing the other features listed as necessary. Remaining 3 will be from Major Organizations, or sponsored by major organizations, such as Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, Google, Facebook, GM, Phizer, Etc, will be mostly complete products, but each has an either visible, or later revealed massive vulnerability. One of these 3 will still be selected because Senator REDACTED's uncle lead the team on the project, and this is a way for that company to further embed themselves in the political system. And Senator REDACTED gets to go on Vacation to somewhere very distant, on an "unaffiliated" foreign company's dime.
>>
>>57991256
Like it or not companies will move to automation because it is cheaper and easier than workers. It is also safer. I do not know what awaits in the future if nearly all jobs are automated, but to continue to rely on flawed humans when a better alternative exists is silly.
>>
>>57990339
>send out half-dozen RC cars
>have them sit at the busiest intersection and tell traffic they're lorries
>city grinds to a halt

Your move IoTcucks.
>>
>>57994979
You don't need more stringent education, you can learn all you need to know on your own. What is needed is actual enforcement.
>>57995838
You're such a fucking faggot.
>>
>>57988378
>hack my car
>make my car tell all other cars they are too close
>force them to swerve away
>floor it down i-95 as I force all other cars into ditches on the side of the road

OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT
>>
>>57994979
>why does this country give licenses out so easily in the first place?
Public transportation is shit so people rely on cars to get to work.
>>
>>57988378
Cool
>>57988390
You're not a car manufacturer, I don't think you have much say in the matter
>>
>>57997563
>I don't think you have much say in the matter
Stop me from removing the equipment.
>>
Computers can't fundamentally understand the world around them in the way humans can. They can do okay in very controlled environments like warehouses and closed, well-maintained roads between buildings with no traffic. But in real road conditions it's so easy for them to fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc0yYJ8-Dyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQkx-4pFjus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnavI11ANB8

They're like autistic children. If everything is going as planned in their ideal surroundings, they're very good at doing maths. But surprise them with anything slightly wrong- a large white vehicle on a bright day, faded road markings- and they freak the fuck out. But even autistics have innate self-preservation instincts. The computer just doesn't see anything wrong. An alert human driver would have seen those vehicles coming hundreds of metres away.

Until there's some kind of magic singularity AI revolution and computers can comprehend everything humans can in the same timeframe, I will refuse to buy or use any autonomous vehicle. I also refuse to buy any with data links between remotely-accessible computers and the driving controls... too many reports of being able to hack people's brakes.
>>
>>57999019
Inattentive drivers are cancer. Jail them.
>>
>>57999019
>too many reports of being able to hack people's brakes.
Uh, no. Brakes don't work that way and neither do any of the other powertrain controls in a car. No hacking has ever occurred, unless you count that stupid Chrysler shit that happened, but that required a physical presence in the vehicle.
>>
>>57999240
>Uh, no. Brakes don't work that way except for this instance where they worked that way and neither do any of the other powertrain controls in a car except in this instance where they did
>No hacking has ever occurred, unless you count that hacking that happened, but that had this limitation and obviously any form of hacking that doesn't have the limitation is not going to happen because reasons
>>
>>57990615
probably the same guy, most images are weebshit
>>
>>58000666
You must be stupid and illiterate. The Chrysler thing was doing things like screwing with HVAC, turning the car on and off, etc. Had nothing to do with brakes.

The only way to access a system that doesn't have remote access capability is physically. Deal with it.
>>
>>58000846
I was going by this article
>https://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/
>Their code is an automaker’s nightmare: software that lets hackers send commands through the Jeep’s entertainment system to its dashboard functions, steering, brakes, and transmission, all from a laptop that may be across the country.
>Miller and Valasek’s full arsenal includes functions that at lower speeds fully kill the engine, abruptly engage the brakes, or disable them altogether.
>The most disturbing maneuver came when they cut the Jeep’s brakes, leaving me frantically pumping the pedal as the 2-ton SUV slid uncontrollably into a ditch.
>The researchers say they’re working on perfecting their steering control—for now they can only hijack the wheel when the Jeep is in reverse.
Is the article wrong? Do you have a more authoritative source of info on this?
>>
Whew, thank God I like my cars how I like my thinkpads and mine still has carburetors
>>
>>58001002
kill yourself. carburetors are garbage, don't be proud of being silly.
>>
>>58001027
>he cannot afford a decent carburetor

enjoy your injection botnet
>>
>>57988378
Will the government pay to retrofit my 2004 Honda, which doesn't even have remote key entry?
>>
>>57991266
2060? It will happen a lot sooner than that. 2020 at the latest.
>>
>>58001002
Your thinkpad runs on petrol?
>>
>>57990503
why would i care about running over a cat
stupid cats deserve to die
>>
>>58001168
>he still uses batteries to power his devices
>>
Good thing my car is from 1991
Stay running in the 90's
>>
>>57990615
better than consumershit
>>
File: roddang_a2.jpg (10KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
roddang_a2.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
>Oh NO! Government spying bad!
>STop listening to my sekrit private calls!
>Dont look where I'm driving!
>Leeb me alone Gubbernment!!

I can't help but fucking groan when faggots like you complain about surveillance. Literally no one gives a shit about you, what you do or where you go. Why do you fucking care if the government keeps track of it's citizens, honestly?
The only reason it would ever, ever affect you is if you're planning an attack or running a CP ring, in which case you deserve what you get.
>>
File: 1481741988971.jpg (355KB, 1673x431px) Image search: [Google]
1481741988971.jpg
355KB, 1673x431px
>>58002440

Here's your (you), now kys
>>
>>58002440
Here's your (You) faggot try baiting reddit next time.
>>
>>58002440
(You)
>>
>>58002449
>>58002450
>37:24
(You)mind
>>
>>58002449
>>58002450
>>58002461
I'm not baiting, I'm dead fucking serious.
I work for a cell phone retailer, and people are constantly asking about how smartphones are tracked and how to prevent GPS location and NSA listening in on calls, and it always makes me want to punch them in the face.
You aren't special little snowflakes, this isn't a novel about your life, you have nothing interesting or secret about you. The government laughs at your porn history. Fucking deal with it you entitled babies
>>
>>58002449
What an enormous crock of shit this is.
Might as well sign it T. Weapons/Drugs trafficker
>>
>>58002523

>"I work for a cell phone retailer"
>Implying anyone gives a fuck about your minimum wage, minumum skills retail job
>Implying your shit job gives you inside information of value

I mean this seriously. Consider suicide.
>>
>>58002523
So you welcome someone having a hand up your ass at all times? Fuckoff to some communist shithole if that's the case. There is no reason that someone should have control of my electronic property just like they have no right to own station themselves permanently on my physical property.

You don't understand the complex implications of data collection and retention over time. Just go back to doing your mindless shitphone labor and let intelligent people that understand the situation worry about it
>>
>>58002594
I didn't imply either of those things you lepton. My point was the high number of idiots who are scared of government surveillance I'm forced to deal with regularly.
>>
>>58002523
Yeah, Best Korea agree with you. Nothing to fear guys.
>>
>>58002616
>Data collection = Communism

You've got it completely backwards.
Consumer data gathering is the backbone of Capitalism. Why do you think your Facebook knows what you've been looking at on Amazon?
>>
>>58002669

Those idiots are smarter than you.
>>
>>57991202
Being fat for nothing was the ultimate mankind dream since prehistory.
>>
>>58002616
>>58002697
I don't think commie shitholes have surveillance methods better than the mosttechnology advanced nation has.
>>
>>58002699
>>58002699
>Consumer data gathering is the backbone of

infringement on your right to privacy has nothing to do with the definition of capitalism. Just because companies can get away with severe privacy abuse because they're too powerful to properly regulate doesn't mean it starts being ok. This is a delusional point of view to justify something a totalitarian government would allow.

Also no one was talking about consumer data gathering. Not sure if that's you moving goalposts or your lack of reading comprehension

>>58002780
yes but that level of control is a commie shithole's wet dream that they try hard to imitate as they move into the technological age. I don't see your argument here
>>
>>57997902
kind of like how they stop you from the engine blocks forcing you to stay under 200mph
>>
>>57991030
exactly, the gubbermint still hasn't learned shit.
>see the overwhelming amount of prohibited substances as proof
it's almost as if, they put these laws in place after seeing how filthy fucking rich mobsters became during the prohibition of alcohol
isn't the right to bare arms in place to prevent corrupt governments like the one that's been in place for 40 years from being able to get away with this near fascist, totalitarian regime from being in power, shouldn't the people who have been stripping americans of their basic human rights be hung for treason?
so busy worrying about communists, you forgot to acknowledge domestic corruption was eating away at your very own society.
>>
>>57991025
>apple
>samsung
>google
>sony
>microsoft
the largest companies, and arguably most powerful. hacked on an annual basis, sometimes they release patches, only to have been hacked/bypassed soon after, so multiple times a year they get hacked...
>>
>>58001051
There is no such thing as a decent carburetor, just like there's no such thing a decent TBI system.
>>
File: 1480820721265.jpg (92KB, 387x390px) Image search: [Google]
1480820721265.jpg
92KB, 387x390px
>>58003056
Don't forget
>Java
>people still use this shit despite the zero days nearly every fucking patch with remote exploits and remote code execution
>all these companies use java in some form or another for nearly every embedded device or mobile technology
>>
>>57988378
The whole self driving car thing is pretty stupid when you realize that we're wasting what will probably eventually amount to trillions of dollars on an inefficient transportation system, when we could instead just build better public transport.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like cars, but honestly, they're basically good enough as they are now.
>>
File: Self-Driving-Car-Crashes.jpg (257KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Self-Driving-Car-Crashes.jpg
257KB, 1500x1125px
>>
File: pikachu_1715.png (56KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_1715.png
56KB, 256x256px
>>58004345
This anon gets it.
>>
>>58004345
This would only apply to urban environments though...
>>
I hope you guys don't think this about safety of driving. It's a web of things for spying botnet.
>>
>>58004734
What self-driving car are they making for non-urban environments?

Nobody's going to want a self-driving offroad car.
>>
>>58004734
>>58004883
Oh wait I just realized you meant rural areas.

I mean I guess, but how many accidents are in places like that? Not to mention a better public transport system would still probably fix that.
>>
>>58002822
>right to privacy
Says who? Why the fuck do you feel entitled to privacy?
Everything you do, everything you own, and every amenity you take for granted is provided by or assisted by the government. You're basically their property. If you don't like it you can get the fuck out.
>>
>>58005418
>Says who?
Literally the constitution. If you don't think you have a right to privacy on your own property you can fuck right the hell off. Get out of my country.
>>
>>58005418
It's a human right?

We pay the government? Maybe the government owns you in whatever shithole country you live in, but not mine.
>>
>>58005418
>You're basically their property. If you don't like it you can get the fuck out.
Maybe in whatever totalitarian shithole you're from. The US was founded on individual rights and freedom and only got this far because of respect for those rights
>>
File: 1480901930214.jpg (43KB, 479x316px) Image search: [Google]
1480901930214.jpg
43KB, 479x316px
>>58005418
Then give us your address, SSN and other forms of ID anon
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.