[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got an iphone! Am I cool yet!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: aaaaaa iphone g.jpg (28KB, 450x287px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g.jpg
28KB, 450x287px
Hi /g/,

I know this is a request, but I can't deal with those cum drinking fux over at /r/- and even if I could, I wouldn't get anywhere.

I've never been interested in phones- at all. Been using the same phone for the last... 6, 7... 8 years maybe.
I just acquired an iPhone 5S though, still sealed in box.
I want to fuck about with it as much as I can- and was wondering a few things.

Does "jailbreaking" just mean getting root?

Do I NEED to put iTunes on my box?

Should I go ahead and put the sim card in- and start playing with it? OR- is there stuff I should do first? (In regards to rooting/railbreaking it)

OH YEAH! Probably important to say that I'm a BRITFAG.

Thanks in advance guys!
>>
>>57981096
At the moment I can only answer one of your questions which is "Do I NEED to put iTunes on my box?" no, a friend of mine had a 5s many moons ago and he was able to get along without iTunes.
>>
>Does "jailbreaking" just mean getting root.

For all intents and purposes, yes. However, you still won't have *complete* control. You can't install a custom ROM or anything, you can install apps as you like and customize iOS much more, however;

>Do I need iTunes on my PC?

I believe the only way to get music on your iPhone would be to use iTunes, you can handle Photos with it just being plugged in. Jailbreaking may provide an alternative to this, however. It'd probably just be good to have.

>Should I start playing with my phone?

Not yet. Every update that Apple releases has some measures to try and thwart the latest Jailbreaking methods. Your best bet, if the iPhone is out of box new and is running a really old IOS version (iOS7 I believe the iphone 5s has by default), is to jailbreak immediately. If you blindly update to the latest version, you could potentially hamper your jail breaking capabilities.
>>
>>57981195
Thanks. It's probably not (such?) a big deal nowadays- but, the last apple product I had was an old clunker of an ipod,(4gb- prolly the same size as this phone!) YEARS ago- and I just remember itunes making me want to cry 'cos of how SHITE it was.

>>57981260
>still won't have *complete* control.
No? Is that a hardware issue? A pre-boot thing??
>Your best bet, if the iPhone ... is running a really old IOS version ... is to jailbreak immediately.
Cool, thanks! Where's the best place to go to find out how to do all that stuff?

Thanks again guys!
>>
File: aaaaaa iphone g2.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g2.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
Bump!
(mainly for the last question; not asking you all to hold my cock while I piss. Just your recommendations)
>>
>>57981096
> Does "jailbreaking" just mean getting root?
Yes. Not only that, but yes, it boils down to a system-wide root.
> Do I NEED to put iTunes on my box?
Yes, because it contains drivers for Apple devices, you can't do file transfer to apps without it, but you can use iFunbox or something else after installing iTunes.
> is there stuff I should do first? (In regards to rooting/railbreaking it)
Don't update. Disable all this auto-update stuff on iTunes and iPhone.
>>
File: aaaaaa iphone g3.jpg (26KB, 468x347px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g3.jpg
26KB, 468x347px
Bump again!.. I know, I know. Sorry, but, I really wanted to post this-
Pomegranate NS08-

IT'S NOT A JOKE! (or IS it!?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate_(phone)

(AND still wondering where to look for non crap jailbreak info!?)

PEACE!
>>
You can get jailbreak in shops(not apple shops ofc).
>>
>>57982650
> where to look for non crap jailbreak info!?
Can't say, been running it for years. I check https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/ for status updates.
> iOS 9.3.4 and later doesn't have a jailbreak.
> iOS 9.2-9.3.3 jailbreak (64-bit devices only) here.
> Pangu (@PanguTeam) untethered jailbreak for 9.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.1, and 9.0 (for Windows and Mac). (9.1 for 64-bit devices only)
For repos and stuff - you'll need AppSync to pirate apps, search for ipa packages on 4pda.ru and google everything else.
>>
File: aaaaaa iphone g5.jpg (26KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g5.jpg
26KB, 450x351px
>>57982732
I don't pay for... well, anything really. Not anything I can't touch anyway. (Yup, I really am- THAT hardcore!)
>>
>>57981096
What IOS does it have?
>>
>>57983012
Haven't even turned it on yet! (It wont say on the box or in the instructions, will it?)
>>
>>57983012
>>57983451
I'll turn it on and find out. As long as I don't let it go online, it'll be cool, right?
>>
>>57983451
I don't think so.
Settings > General > About > Version
If it's not even 9.something don't even bother trying to jailbreak. Update to latest version then wait the jailbreak for that version. Apple usually incorporates jailbreak tweaks and modifications in the newer IOS versions.

And you can't just update to an older, jailbreak-able version, because it needs to be signed to register and install on the device.

Then periodically check sites like redmondpie and reddit jailbreak page to see if there are news about the newer jailbreak.

I assure you, iTunes and the whole apple software package you need to use with it's device is not all that horrifying monster that /g/'s autistic retards would like you to believe.
>>
>>57983475
Yes, but you'll need to connect it in order to activate it.
>>
>>57983570
> Update to latest version then wait the jailbreak for that version
What about pirated games? I don't think it's a good advice.
>>
File: aaaaaa iphone g4.jpg (51KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g4.jpg
51KB, 450x335px
>>57983571
Ohhhhhhhh... Wow... Dilema!!

I'd JUST turned it on and selected Language- ENGLISH.
Then read your post and turned it off again! Hehe.
Wat do?

>>57983590
Oooff... Yeah, games! I definitely want those! Probably will be my main use for the thing.
I've played Angry Birds, Crossy Road and stuff on friends phones- that was kind of the reason I got this thing!!
What d'you think would be the best course of action??
>>
>>57983710
Ooooohhfff! Also- NIMBLE QUEST!

Anyone ever play that!? I've played it ONCE only, but that one time, lasted about five or six hours, I think! Maybe more even!?
>>
>>57983590
>Pirating games
Most of them aren't even worth purchase.

>>57983710
>>57983769
Those games are free to play with In App Purchase option for continue credits and special snowflake premium stuff, you don't need jailbreak to enjoy them.
Most games are free with that kind of IAP thing.
>>
>>57983570
itunes always has and always be shit, disinformation agent
>just update your phone
nice fucking meme
>>
>>57983710
It's not a big deal, you'll be able to disable updates later.
> Angry Birds, Crossy Road
I think those are free, but there's a tweak for free in-app purchases: LocallAPstore.
>>57983808
> Most of them
But there are some, mostly Rockstar games.
>>
>>57983570
>Apple usually incorporates jailbreak tweaks and modifications in the newer IOS versions.

Apple incorporates(!?) tweaks and modifications, FOR people who've fucked with them(Apple) and (I assume?) voided their warranty!??
>>
FAAAK! The first thing it asks me is for my wi-fi and password... Can't remember the password, so- need to wait 'til friend gets home tomorrow...

Can't seem to skip that or go passed it or anything!

BOOOO!
>>
>>57983871
itunes is just fine.
between jailbroken ios7 and ios10 I would pick 10 any day.
And 10 should be getting jailbreak very soon in any case.

>>57983895
>But there are some, mostly Rockstar games.
Good games. Not to play on a phone though.

>>57984629
What?
I mean, they incorporate jailbreak tweaks in the official OS without the need to jailbreak. They pretty much steal ideas from hack modifications (lol)
Like this
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/06/ios-10-features-stolen-jailbreak-tweaks.html
Basically, every major IOS version includes something "new" that jailbreak community was already doing before.

Hmm... But yeah, if you jailbreak and somehow manage to somehow fuck the OS hard enough (this is very rare case), you lose the warranty if you take it to their support without "cleaning" the jailbreak mess.
>>
>>57985035
Hang on Apple! SURELY you must be able to skip setting up the wi-fi!
What if you didn't fucking HAVE wi-fi!!? (but it picked up the neighbour's shit)
>>
The way you type is really annoying tho
>>
>>57985136
>they incorporate jailbreak tweaks in the official OS
Ohhh! I'm with you now! Bit slow tonight it seems!

Thanks for all the info guys! Keep it coming if you've got more!

What info/advice/apps/games/tweaks etc, d'you wish you'd known about when you first got your iphone, or were in my position??

Thanks AGAIN guys!
>>
>>57985274
i hope you're being ironic mate
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>57985198
Sorry dude! I'd blame it on being awake for the past (over)24 hours, but- I think I always write like this.

What specifically is annoying you? Serious question.

Guess this-
>>57985298
is you too? So, what gives?
>>
File: aaaaaa iphone g6.jpg (24KB, 195x353px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa iphone g6.jpg
24KB, 195x353px
Was it that I was rude about /r/

A lot of channers (usually /b/ types) get pissed of about the way I'm usually cheerfull and don't get pissed off when pricks try and insult me.
Is it a bit of that??
>>
>>57985298
Bit late for that now innit, mate?
There's actually already a thread here. If you scroll up and down(perhaps with the little wheel on your mouse!?) you'll see it!
>>
>>57985583
CLASS
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.