[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 4368064444.jpg (41KB, 660x449px) Image search: [Google]
4368064444.jpg
41KB, 660x449px
Do you think that a used Dell Vostro 3300 would be worth it for 190 euros? I've been thinking about buying a used laptop to play around with linux and stuff without the risk of messing up my main machine. The laptop has a Intel Core i3 350M processor, 6 gb of ram (ddr2 I assume) and a 500 gb hdd. The seller says that the laptop has some minor cosmetic damage, but nothing too significant. It also should have a new battery. I would of course inspect it myself before buying. Pic related is the laptop.

Do you think this would make a good secondary machine? The only thing I¨m really worried about is that it will break too soon since it's already used. Also, 190 euros might be a bit much for a laptop like that.

Also, general discussion about used computers is welcome I guess
>>
>>57977789
No. You can get better Thinkpad for that price.
/tpg/ will help you
>>
>>57977834
The problem is that I live in a remote area (northern Finland) and I don't like the idea of buying used without personally insprecting it for damage first, so my options are very limited.
>>
File: 4385111082.jpg (34KB, 660x467px) Image search: [Google]
4385111082.jpg
34KB, 660x467px
This is another picture of the laptop, you can see that there is some damage in the corner of the laptop as the seller says
>>
>>57977867
Buy from ebay or some local version of ebay, where sellers have ratings and reviews, so you can have some kind of confidence.
Also if you want to play around with linux you can always install linux in VM, or dual boot it with windows
>>
>>57977902
Well I could try something like that of course. Of course 190 euros isn't that much money, but I'm not that wealthy so I want to spend my money well.
>>
>>57977789
you should be able to pick up an x230 with ivy bridge processor for fuck all these days. Because its not an ultra low voltage processer its performance is pretty much on par or very close to the most recent iterations of intels processors used in ultrabooks today. Only downside is obviously uses a fair bit more power.
>>
>>57978007
Yeah the only probelm is what I mentioned in this >>57977867 post

Do you think I should make an offer about the laptop since I checked and it didn't even cost a 1000 euros when new, so 190 is a bit pricey for a 6 year old used laptop with a but of damage too. There's of course the risk that the seller is some asshat who will just get mad.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.