[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to power this with a standard phone charger? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-32-27.png (4MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-32-27.png
4MB, 1080x1920px
Is it possible to power this with a standard phone charger?
I can plug this to my phone but doesn't sound loud I figured power
I know little about this stuff I just like messing with things
I have an old entertainment center speaker box and want to turn it to bluetooth or at least use with a jack
>>
>>57972536
Why not? give it a go. A standard phone charger is < 2 A @ 5 V. Find one that only does 1 A if you don't want to go over 5 W.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-40-05.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-40-05.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>57972584
These are the speakers
They need more power the original post pic is the inside of it
Where do I solder the power to ?
I want to make my own circuit board but need the diagram to build it
Again I know little of this but still want to be able to power any speaker I want and connect with whatever I want how does that work
>>
>>57972647
Assuming those aren't powered speakers, what you want to make is an amp. There should be loads of schematics online for hifi amplifiers.

If your speakers at the back only have 2 metal connectors, and no input for a power plug, then they are passive speakers that draw power through the audio signal that you send from an amplifier.

It's pretty simple in theory, you have an input source, from a phone or whatever, and use power from a mains transformer to boost the signal, which is sent to your speakers. Don't do any work with direct mains power.

Your amp will power any set of passive speakers, but impedance and optimal/max power will differ between speakers so look at this before hooking them up for risk of blowing them.
>>
>>57972805
Thnx
Yeas there passive I found out as much about this and I'm trying to build an amp from parts I already spread between other speakers and electronics, I understand capacitors and these coiled things forgot the name
As a whole I want this to be with Bluetooth or the fastest wireless connection I can
An amp to strengthen the signal cuz passive
And I have power banks I want to open up and use that as powersource and be able to move it around
Also I want to build my own home theater with at least 12 in subs tweets and decent 6/9 speakers hooked into the wall also wireless and connected to a central point of sorts but that's another story
>>
>>57972973
The coils are inductors. The amp should be relatively easy. Most power banks contain 4.3 V batteries, the circuit is mostly to manage the batteries, which can not be charged too high or low or they'll die/explode.

Look at what sort of power you'll need for your amp to run. For such large speakers, 5 V/2 A (10 W) from a phone charger/battery pack might not be enough.
>>
>>57973128
I just thought of using some old computer speakers to power it
It already has volume control, and the red/black wires are already in line and I can use an adapter to power it
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-18-43-02.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-18-43-02.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>57973441
>>
So this is what I think might work
Now how to connect ends to power
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.