[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-Ink Monitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dasung_e_ink_display.jpg (47KB, 750x516px) Image search: [Google]
dasung_e_ink_display.jpg
47KB, 750x516px
Is anyone else excited by the prospect of e-ink monitors?

Eye strain is a real pita. For simply browsing chans, email and basic web browsing an e-ink display would be great.

The main hurdle I see is the refresh rate of the e-ink image and of course the price of the technology for consumers.
>>
I feel like they would be absolutely terrible since even scrolling would be impossible due to the slow refresh rates and you wouldn't be able to use websites that update as you browse.
>>
>>57967518
Why would anyone want this? Are you on PCP?
>>
>>57967570
You can scroll with page up/page down, then it jumps through entire "scrollable".
>>
>>57967518
will be nice once the technology catches up.
>>
>>57967518
I remember reading that Qualcomm had some kind of e-ink like colour display.

The e-ink refresh rate isn't as big of a hurdle as people sometimes think, it just means that it only appeals to a certain group of people. I find it very comfortable to play music, write and muck around using the terminal on my kindle keyboard. You just can't watch videos, but for most people it wouldn't be their media consumption display so it's still an interesting proposition.
>>
Eye strain is a fucking myth, I've been looking at monitors all day every day for the last 15 years and my eyes are just fine you homo.
>>
I want a 120hz e-ink screen. I doubt we'll ever get them though. Even a 30hz would be nice to start.
>>
>>57971322
That's not even how eink works retard. It only redraws sections of the screen when necessary.
>>
>>57970689
Your experience isn't everyone's experience. It is much more pleasant for me to look at a surface bouncing light diffusely instead of straight into a polarised very blue light source with a thin film doing a mediocre job of stopping certain light from passing through.

OLED more or less makes e-ink moot though.
>>
>>57971403
Why can't they make it redraw sections of the screen faster?
>>
>>57970689
are you sure, i think i might be going blind.
>>
>>57967518

I would buy a few if the refresh rate gets better, they must be super comfy for programming and displaying data.
>>
>>57971322
>>57971403
neither of those are accurate

the limit isn't the drive electronics, and localized drawing is only relevant for power saving

the issue is how long it takes the pixels to change from one state to another, you could run them at 120hz, but you'll just end up with a blurry mess, as that's not nearly enough time for the pixels to change to the intended state every time, yet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.