[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Card Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: video-card.jpg (90KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
video-card.jpg
90KB, 600x421px
I need some help. I've got someone who wants me to spec out a computer for them. I'm stumped as to which video card to spec for them. They want to drive a 4K TV and three 1080p monitors. They aren't going to be gaming, so I think it would be possible to run this using one video card, but I could be wrong. I was thinking he would need a 1070 or 1080 but I'm not entirely sure how much power a 4k TV would need. Any suggestions?
>>
Get a gigabyte 1050 I use it to drive 4 monitors including one 4k one.
>>
>>57964843
If you're parting this out to someone who clearly doesn't know what they're doing, get them a 1060 at bare minimum. Don't risk giving them something that isn't at least somewhat futureproofed as resolutions go up. They will be mad as fuck and blame you. Don't give them something that "will work", give them something that smoothly handles the job and continues to do so for some time in the future. Otherwise, you'll get burned for it.
>>
>>57965322
Yeah, this isn't my first rodeo doing this stuff. That's why I'm looking for some recommendations. I was thinking of going with the 1070. Seeing as the guy above said a 1050 works for more or less the same setup.
>>
>>57964843
How much are you going to be paid for this? If nothing, just refer them to Dell.
If they don't know what they're doing, and you're not getting paid, then they're much better off with a precision workstation and some nice warranty.
>>
>>57966374
Or HP or whatever.
>>
>>57966374
I work at a computer store, so I get my normal wage. This is my first customer trying to drive a 4k cmonitor", so I don't have a lot of experience with cards that handle it plus 3 extra monitors.
>>
>>57964843
Modern Intel cpus can drive 3 4K monitors at once. I see no reason in getting a discrete video card if no gaymen are intended.
>>
>>57966842
Oh then it's very nice to ask for more info so you can do your job better. Way to go!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.