[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you accidentally host copyrighted material?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>OP made website with a library of ancient ebooks.
>Just saw some of the 200K files are copyrighted and not ancient but slipped through.
>Website is not commercial and for educational/mostly personal purposes, ~2 visitors a day

What to do now? Wait till somebody asks to remove the ebook which was copyrighted or scan the 200K books by hand and remove them if there is copyright on them?

What are the fines? What is the modus operandi of the copyright maffia? Will they sue the shit out of me or will I have a chance to remove the files?

Thanks
>>
you might get a dmca or a c&d and you'll have to take them down.
>>
>>57963860
Alright that is not that bad. I guess I'll just delete the ones that I encounter which are copyrighted and wait till the DMCA tells me which other books were copyrighted. Thanks
>>
and your site is?
>>
>>57963970
conspiracyos.com
>>
>>57963860

Let's hope the server host is not a dick though, since they are the ones that will probably get the DMCA takedown.
Good providers (like DigitalOcean) will try to talk with you about it (and allow you to take action) while shit ones will take your entire site down and maybe not even tell you
>>
>>57963826
You'll get v&, fucko!
>>
>>57964088
lel that's some /x/ tier shit
will download some of your kabbalah stuff from the magic jews, thanks anon
>>
>>57964115
It's a good host so I think they will message me about it before they take down the vps.
>>
>>57964132
Yup, purely /x/ I'm uploading 500GB on ebooks right now so the library keeps growing the comming days.

Have fun with it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.