[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite linux distro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 1481367196277.jpg (25KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1481367196277.jpg
25KB, 600x402px
It's in the title.
>>
File: Stop.png (619KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.png
619KB, 1024x576px
Xubuntu for casuals
Arch for hobbyists

These are the only answers. We have this thread a million times a day. Fuck off.
>>
>>57959446
Ubuntu 16.04
Unity/Compiz

Works OOB, 16.04 is the most stable one yet with most of the issues resolved for laptop users like wifi and audio.
>>
Arch. It just works, unlike Ubuntu.
>>
>>57959446
I run Archlinux, but I'd like to install some BSD (FreeBSD or OpenBSD).
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>57959461
If that's what you want....*zip*
>>
>>57959487
I had Ubuntu for awhile but it seemed like a amazon circle jerk
>>
>>57959524
I have an old laptop not in use, think I'll put Arch on it.
>>
>>57959567
remove unity-webapps-commmon, amazon is gone. however, you need it for unity-tweak-tool

Amazon is just a launcher,
>>
>>57959620
How though? I just installed a few days ago and after removing the shopping lens shit I don't see anything having to do with Amazon on my computer. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>57959620
I like the tweak tool tho xD
>>
File: invaders.png (158KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
invaders.png
158KB, 1440x900px
logos if i could actually find a way to install it from the live cd mode. afaik there is no way to do this.

and vbefore you fags say it's dead it's still nice to have a pre rice and pre-debloated arch installer on hand in case i find a pc that has windows 10 and i get that urge, you know that, autistic fit in the back of the head.
>>
>>57959446
Fedora
>>
>>57959719
Gotta like red hat
>>
Anything Systemd free. No nsa for me today no sir
>>
>>57960332
>>57960332
Terry Davis, a man inflicted with paranoid schizophrenia, runs Ubuntu Unity on his system.
>>
>>57960332
you're joking, right?
>>
xubuntu is way to go
>>
Could someone recommend me some linux to install on my laptop, it should be able to dual boot with windows 8
>>
[spoiler]Mint Debian Edition[/spoiler]
>>
I use ubuntu server. Couldnt care less as long as it is debian or ubuntu. Anything else is autism.
>>
File: Egg1.jpg (132KB, 572x845px) Image search: [Google]
Egg1.jpg
132KB, 572x845px
>>57962270
I dual boot win 8.1 with Debian, but I rarely boot into it tho. All my work is done in Windows, and if I want to taste Linux, I've cygwin and virtual box. Waste of time and space.
>>
>>57962415
>Waste of time and space
Just like cygwin.
>>
>>57959446
Debian. Simple.
>>
File: 1468951092097.jpg (123KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1468951092097.jpg
123KB, 500x367px
>>57959446
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
Solus at the moment
>>
>>57963132
Mods can we ban the word solus yet?
>>
>>57963361
Not before we ban gentoo
>>
>>57959446
Ijltifam. WyrtaLiifG/LoaIrttciGpL. LinaosuibrafcoaffGsmubtGcsuavsccafOadbP.

McuramvotGsedwri. TaptoetvoGwiwutioc"L"amoiuanatiibtGsdbtGP. TriaLatpauibiijapotstu.

Litk: tpitstatmrttoptyr. Tkiaepoaosbubi; icofitcoacos. LinuicwtGos: twsibGwLaoG/L. Ats-c"L"dardoG/L.
>>
File: anomalous.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
anomalous.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
M'Kali
>>
>>57959446
Gentoo
Memes aside.
There is no reason to use anything else.
>>
File: kevin.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>57963132
>>
openSUSE Tumbleweed
>>
>>57959446
Pure Linux
I download a fresh copy of the kernel from linux . com and I plug it into my bios directly
For my wm I use a pure command line client
My browser is a little known firefox -> cli converter (you wouldn't know about it)
My package manager is me, I manually download the source for everything, including the dependencies B)
I never experience any bugs because I build it all myself. If there is an update to the kernel I copy and paste it into the source and build it myself then patch it into my running instance
I hope you are having fun with your 'arch', kid
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.