[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ÍE6 was pretty comfy when you think about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ie-activex-install1.gif (29KB, 635x403px) Image search: [Google]
ie-activex-install1.gif
29KB, 635x403px
ÍE6 was pretty comfy when you think about it
>>
>>57958938

what a time we live in that you can look back and miss IE6 activeX, because everyone understood that only ill intented webmasters would expect you to enable it, so no useful sites used it.

how close is todays javascript APIs close to activex madness?
if all this mic api, vibration api, webRCT, webSocccertits, nsa.js, event handlers, eval(), XHR...

or did it surpass it already ?
>>
File: IE3.jpg (78KB, 676x413px) Image search: [Google]
IE3.jpg
78KB, 676x413px
>>57960026
I'd say we surpassed it, and I can't believe OP thinks IE6 was comfy, IMHO the comfiest web browser till firefox was IE3
>>
File: explorermac.jpg (133KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
explorermac.jpg
133KB, 1024x768px
IE5 for Mac OS X is my favourite looking stock browser ever
>>
File: customizetoolbars[1].gif (10KB, 413x235px) Image search: [Google]
customizetoolbars[1].gif
10KB, 413x235px
>>57960506
Even better in OS9.
>>
>>57960506
shit... that looks a lot like netscape.. did Microsoft actually do that or was it Apples work?

>>57960539
I agree that looks much better.
>>
>>57960539
Yeah, that looks better.

>>57960601
Pretty sure Microsoft did it. It also used an engine called Tasman instead of Trident.
>>
>>57960539
>you will never again be a little kid fucking around on an iMac G3 running MacOS 9 at your Dad's job on wwe.com while eating some mchondalds

It hurts anon
>>
>>57960506
It's about as un-standards-aware as you can get these days.
It works with pretty modern versions of OSX, considering its age.
Did you read the letter from the devs about how proud they were of their XML support?
>>
>>57960601
>did Microsoft actually do that
Microsoft did it.
They had good coders in the Mac BU in those days. It was one of the most profitable BUs in Microsoft. That's why Jobs knew Gates was bluffing when Gates threatened to stop Office for the Mac.
>>
>>57960413
>what is seamonkey
>>
>>57964346
>what is seamonkey

A repack of mozilla and not IE3?!!
>>
>>57965921
Oh sorry I read it as "was Firefox till ie3"
>>
>>57960026
If you just told ActiveX to go and fuck itself and never use it you'd still have working and functional websites. Now if you disaple scripts entire sections of the web are utterly unusable, and you even get people who act as if there was no interactivity beforehand.
>>
>>57966200
not a problem, I just downloaded seamonkey btw and it does an IE3 "look".

I don't know if you have a VM handy, but get yourself Win95 with IE3 and try it out if you never used it. It's fucking fast to load and most pages loaded very fast.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.