[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>#define NULL 0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: BStroustrup_MAIN.jpg?1282857509.jpg (250KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
BStroustrup_MAIN.jpg?1282857509.jpg
250KB, 720x720px
>#define NULL 0
>>
File: 1454309472802.jpg (20KB, 225x248px) Image search: [Google]
1454309472802.jpg
20KB, 225x248px
>>57957428
but muh c
>>
>>57957428

this guy simply does not give one single fuck of how he looks like

and for that, i respect him even more
>>
NULL doesn't have to be 0 even though it usually is this value.
That's why this definition makes sense, because of portability.
Some machine may need other value for NULL, so you just change it in the header file and done.
>>
>#define ONE 1
>>
>>57957508
But why would you need the value of NULL to be zero?
As far as I know, no matter what NULL is defined as, doing a test like
int *ptr = NULL;
if (ptr) dostuff();

will work when compiling as though NULL is 0, even if it isn't, which is all you'd really need the value of NULL for
>>
>>57957538
This can't be, but I'll check it brb
>>
>>57957508
That comes from a pointer with value 0 (in the C source code) being a null pointer.
The NULL macro is retarded, you don't know it's type.
>>
It's nullptr you mongoloid.
>>
>>57957538
Nope, the if doesn't work.
0 is 0.

>>57957577
It's just a preprocessor definition for NULL constant in C language.
>>
>>57957483
He wouldnt shave if he didnt care
>>
>>57957538
>if (ptr)
That cast's to _Bool and gives false negatives.

>>57957608
Yes, it expands to an implemention defined null pointer constant. You don't know the type of that constant though.
>>
IT'S A FUCKING VOID POINTER YOU BAKAS

THEY CHANGED IT TO ZERO AND THEN ADDED NULLPTR LIKE A BUNCH OF GODDAMN MONKEYS
>>
>>57957608
>>57957679
Oh, I was talking about C
I have no idea what the hell C++ does
>>
>>57957684
So your problem is that in C++ there are both NULL and nullptr?
>>
>>57957483
he probably also does not give one single fuck about what some anonymous person on the internet says considering he accomplished more than you ever will in your pathetic life.
>>
>>57957863
beginners blanket for

I don't need you designing my next thought process for me based expense. we dont have the same hobbies!
>>
>>57957428
nullptr
>>
>>57957891
how does that contribute to anything? who goes on to /g/ to shill out corporate culture?

he was praising him and for that you remind him to get back to work? what in the nigger loving fuck?
>>
>>57957483
He looks great. Women are attracted to these looks. Speak to a woman and you'll understand. He is an academic. His appearances are in accordance.
>>
>>57957891

somebody got their Cheerios pissed in this morning....
>>
>>57957928

he's an aspie so he didn't understand i was praising his alphaness, oh well
>>
>>57958039
>>57958039
so the autocrat doesnt abide the three H's even when raising their sons?

I noticed the derived forms of autism usually comply with fear, compassion or guilt. fear is schizo, compassion ( or a lack thereof ) is kanner, guilt is aspergers.

autocrats are a sort of scanner arent they? first pass for non-conditional jumps ( index ), second pass for templated forms ( rationalization of degree ) and then third pass is to commit to memory ( standardization ). Aspies don't get to make it to memory stage without learning to curb their energies or without taking their pills and having a "talk" with the psych. But really it goes, the patient talks, the psych defends itself using chemical agencies, see defense mechanisms.
>>
>>57958221
just making conversation while we're here
>>
>>57958221

nah i thought it was just being socially retarded and not picking up meanings and cues, i mean seriously someone would have to be an absolute short fused retard to respond in that way. Crystal clear i was giving him props
>>
>>57958299
that person was female bte
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.