[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing paste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: newpaste.jpg (2MB, 2160x1620px) Image search: [Google]
newpaste.jpg
2MB, 2160x1620px
I can't get a straight answer out of anyone.
How much of this shit am I supposed to put on my GPU?
>>
All of the
>>
>>57956606
A very small amount, make an X on whatever chip you're applying the paste to, the lines in the X should be about half a centimeter across.
>>
>>57956647
Is Crest even any good for Nvidia cards?
I was gonna use the Colgate but theres only a little bit left
>>
>>57956606
enough to cover the die, not so much that it squeezes out everywhere
>>
>>57956692
No you definitely wanna go Oral B. More stable at higher clocks.
>>
>>57956606
It doesn't fucking matter. Put on an amount that feels right to you, in whatever pattern you want. Obviously don't use a tiny smear or unload the entire tube onto it.
>>
Do not use a conductive paste like arctic silver. It's a great paste but unless you can get your amount exact any spillage is going to go on the components around the die and screw them up.
>>
Alright guys
I'm gonna run to the store and grab some Oral B.

Which flavor works the best?
>>
>>57956790
Peppermint gets way better temps, don't let someone sucker you into buying strawberry.
>>
>>57956969
Thanks, my dude.
I will get back to you all when the job is finished
>>
>>57956759
Then you must be one of those folks that
>>57956714
was mentioning by totally emptying the entire tube in one go, since I've never had that happen in all those years.
>>57956790
Pro-Expert should be fine, there's no need to buy 3D White.
>>
>>57956790
Please use real thermal paste, I was just joking about peppermint.

Toothpaste will work but nowhere as good as real paste.
>>
>>57956606
>GPU
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
A pea sized amount.
>>
>>57957269
Its an 870M
>>
File: dogfacedwoman.jpg (36KB, 416x423px) Image search: [Google]
dogfacedwoman.jpg
36KB, 416x423px
>>57957288
I understand this reference
>>
>>57956606
Whole tube usually suffices.
>>
>>57956606
you want to cover the whole card to get the best heat transfer.
>>
File: 1480755515256.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480755515256.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: msi_thermal_paste.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
msi_thermal_paste.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
A pea sized amount right in the middle. When you put the heatsink on it'll spread out the paste.

Unless you work for MSI, then do pic related
>>
>>57957653
This is the right advice anon. Pea sized amount, don't spread yourself, just put cooler ontop and screw down a tiny bit on each side at a time to spread the paste evenly underneath. Remember, the paste is just meant to smooth out the two surfaces, not be an extra layer.
>>
>>57957653
>>57958065
me 3,

put a small dot in the middle, let it rise up (don't make a flat circle

it will look like a pea
place heatsink on top, if you put the paste in the middle of the cpu it will disperse in all directions, spreading evenly
this also prevents air bubbles - that is why you don't spread like in the webm
>>
>>57957269
Retard
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.