[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help please, ASUS fucked me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: FUCKASUS.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKASUS.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Never in my life had a laptop that was so hard to get the hard drive out of

Now I finally got the keyboard off and find this fucking ribbon covering the hard drive

Any good advice to remove ribbon without destroying it? I tried pulling it out but it's fucking stuck in there.

I swear to God I'm never buying ASUS again
>>
>>57956407
its a hard drive hymen, just cut it with scissors
>>
>>57956407
It's a ribbon cable with ZIF connectors, but you knew that, didn't you?
>>
just pull it but be careful. dell has also done that in the past and i think hp as well.

if it does break you lose some ports (probably) until the replacement comes back.
>>
Lift the fucking flap lid things.
>>
Looks like there is no other option than too trash it.
>>
File: 07-keyboard-connector-locked.jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
07-keyboard-connector-locked.jpg
59KB, 500x375px
>>57956440
>>57956481

Are you fucking stupid? This is the dumbest tech board I've ever fucking seen. OP, just lift up the locking clip, then return to /v/.
>>
>>57956407
Idiot. Flip the brown cable holders and it will release.
>>
>>57956529
i assumed his issue was glue between the ribbon cable and the hdd. i didn't think OP was a retard cause he already removed the keyboard successfully.

then again this is /g/
>>
>>57956529
Yes but every laptop I ever had, I just unscrewed from the bottom and pull it out

Looks like ASUS it trying to copy apple design by making the hardware as inaccessible as possible

I'm just going to burn this laptop in the fireplace because it's useless
>>
>>57956562

>glue between the ribbon cable and the hdd

That exists? Even so, can easily be scraped away with something thin like a razor blade.
>>
>>57956429
This
Works for me
I use to have an asus
>>
>>57956576

Its a minor fucking design change, how is a ribbon cable copying Apple design you dumb cunt? You're an utter moron, throw yourself in that fireplace too, getting upset over a god damn ribbon cable.
>>
>>57956589
check out the Asus X555LA on ifixit.
it says "If glued, go ahead and peel ribbon from hard drive." and an image with the cable being peeled off the hdd.
>>
>>57956576
>Yes but every laptop I ever had, I just unscrewed from the bottom and pull it out

Mine too.. but then I think of it I never once ever actually took the hard drive out
>>
>>57956604
It's more than just the ribbon cable

Battery is also on the inside and I'm pissed off that I had to pull off the electronic parts without removing the power source first. It's dangerous and they do this on purpose so that average joe has to take the laptop to a professional instead of fixing problems himself because he's afraid to break something or kill himself

IF battery dies then I have to jump through a million more hoops to replace it.

And since the laptop didn't come with keyboard removal tools, I had to raw dog it with a credit card and hope I didn't pull too hard and break a plastic piece

This type of design is irresponsible and really lame. Their hardware is not good enough for this type of design. At least apple hardware tends to last a long time so it makes sense for it to be inaccessible and as secure as possible.
>>
File: 1472968526491.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472968526491.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>57956407
>>
>>57956826
yeah nah
you're just retarded
>>
>knows nothing about computers AT ALL
>somehow this is ASUS fault

Fucking just stop screwing with it and let a professional do it since you CLEARLY can't

Fag
>>
>>57959023

Thank you Mr. Rossman, 5 MOTHABOIDS have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>57956826
buy apple shit next time since you're clearly retarded.
>>
>>57959051
>too stupid to figure out on his own
>too retarded to find the stupid questions thread
>too senseless to get that /g/ is not for tech support

Fuck off and take it to a professional
>>
>>57959144

I'm not OP and it was a joke, relax autismo.
>>
>>57956826
holy shit you're stupid
>>
>>57956435
What the fuck is this supposed to mean
>>
>>57956826
>>57956407
Is this their consumer line
>>
>>57956407
I literally just repaired an ASUS laptop with this same cable.

The hard drive is screwed down through the logic boards next to it... specifically, the ones that the cable connects to.

Unscrew both the HDD board and the IO board, remove both (after unplugging the bigass ribbon cable, you dipshit), then remove the HDD.

You are a retard. Never touch a computer again. This is not ASUS' fault; honestly, it was one of the easiest laptops I've worked on recently.
>>
File: fshfshsfh345353.jpg (41KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
fshfshsfh345353.jpg
41KB, 720x360px
>>57956407
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.