[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: auuaugh.png (16KB, 526x261px) Image search: [Google]
auuaugh.png
16KB, 526x261px
Really makes you think...
>>
File: chips.png (127KB, 637x592px) Image search: [Google]
chips.png
127KB, 637x592px
>>57955468
go on...
>>
How dangerous is this, realistically?
>>
File: a.jpg (32KB, 576x268px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
32KB, 576x268px
>>57955468
>tfw you disable windows update and everything update related so hard that the updater breaks and you get a (null)
>>
>relative/friend needs a fresh OS install
>install Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
>immediately disable updates and update notifications
>not a single problem ever
>>
File: windows updates.png (244KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
windows updates.png
244KB, 1200x1920px
>>57957353
>>
>>57955468
with how shitty windows update is, i get the notification of an update to install weeks after patch tuesdays
>>
>>57955468
You installed an .exe update, nice
>>
>>57957375
But i don't want updates at all.

Already compared a fully updated with drivers W7 Enterprise setup to a clean W7 setup with only drivers and no updates a couple of months ago, the updated one felt more sluggish than the clean one.

They also don't add anything of value and i bet there's more botnet or telemetry shit hidden anyway.
>>
windows users, everybody!
>>
>>57957492
yeah I was just sharing that image because Femanon saved my ass with that info. I had turned off all that telemetry and windows 10 bullshit awhile back when they were trying to force it on everyone, and my updates eventually broke. did a fresh install hoping that would fix it, but updates still didn't work then either. but manually installing those 4 updates and restarting after each did the trick, then I just avoided installing anything telemetry related when going through the huge fucking batch from the fresh install. they probably slipped some bullshit in there but I barely ever boot that partition anyway so who cares

t. blogger
>>
>>57957332
There's tons of viruses out there that use already patched vulnerabilities, hoping they'll find a person with unpatched software (and there's a lot of them). You can find these vulnerabilities pretty much anywhere, so it's not like its hard to do.

If you don't believe me, here's a notable example.
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/an-analysis-of-a-windows-kernel-mode-vulnerability-cve-2014-4113/
It's a bit older, but honestly I don't want to do any more searching of privilege escalation vulnerabilities without having a VPN first.

It's an example of an issue within the windows kernal that, as the article says, when executed successfully can allow for administrative rights from a non admin user. That means it could pretty much turn your computer into a toaster, or a zombie computer in a botnet. You run the risk of downloading and installing any piece of software, even if its a software from a company you trust, like Mozilla. Mozilla could just as easily be hacked into and have their binaries be replaced.
>>
>>57958497
Here you go
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-17153/Microsoft-Windows-7.html
>>
>>57958562
That was the website I was looking for, thanks bruh
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.