[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budget Build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: AMD.jpg (33KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
AMD.jpg
33KB, 450x450px
Putting together a budget build for 400-500 dollars.

FX-4300
Asus M5A78L-M ATX AM3+
Corsair DDR3-1333 2x4
WD Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM (probably going small w a 2.5")
GTX 1050 Ti
Fractal Design Core 1100
Corsair Builder 430W
Asus CD/DVD
Windows 10

Coming in at 540.

Not sure if I want to downgrade the GPU for something 60 bucks cheaper and upgrade to a FX6300 and come in at around 500. It's a first computer for a 13 year old. He says he'll upgrade it but I don't know whether it's feasible to keep that in mind at this price point. Keep everything as is and downgrade the GPU?
>>
I feel like an extra $30 for an Rx 470 would make the biggest difference as with the FX lineup, overclocking it will make it work the same as the others
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JcP3NN

better performances for 10$ cheaper
>>
Don't build now. Wait for Zen, it will at least knock down the current FX series prices.
>Nvidia
Enjoy your no open linux drivers.
>>
I really wanted to like the FX chips. I upgraded from a Phenom II to an FX. More cores, higher clock speed and same tdp. Sounds good right? Wrong. Problem is that due to FX chip design older games ran like shit. all jerky, laggy. Like It was 1999/2000 all over again back when the games were brand new and my pc at the time needed an upgrade. After I tried all the tricks/hacks for the games and no luck I said fuck it and dropped my Phenom II x4 955 back in, Everything is running fine now. Sometimes newer ain't always better.
>>
if you really plan on jewing him with an amd cpu at least get the bristol ridge platform so he can throw out that piece of shit fx processor in a month
>>
>>57955114
I second this. You don't want to downgrade the GPU too much for something that likely won't even be the source of a bottleneck anyways.
>>
If it's for xmas just get a cheap skylake i3 and an rx 470. FX CPUs are garbage.
>>
Ayyyy i have basically that same build i put together like 4 years ago except a 4100 series fx.

I just bought an 8300 and a fury on black friday and decided to see how much of an improvement the fury would be over my 7870 for fun and i can tell you the cpu is nowhere near as much of a bottleneck as people on /g/ seem to claim.
I ran a few benchmarks and at best my set up was like 5-10 fps behind i7 benchmark set ups in gta v, metro last light, and witcher 2.
In fact ive been playing witcher 2 at 4k ultra at 60fps the past couple days.
Again this is with the 4100 at 4.2ghz. I havent seapped in the 8320 yet since i dont have thermal paste on hand and forgot to order some like an idiot.
I seriously doubt it will bottleneck something like a 470 all that much in the vast majority of cases.
Im sure a better cpu would maintain a more consistent framerate, but if this is a build for a 13 year old i doubt hell give a shit about a little screen tearing.
>>
File: 1446357120897.gif (68KB, 500x293px)
1446357120897.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>57957252
> Be 13 year old meme-master, christmas day
> want new desktop, suck up to mommy all year to get a meme-machine
> wake up next day
>no puter
>ask faggot uncle why their is no pc
>he says aye'em'dee is coming out with a new see'pee'you called zen
>start crying, i wanted an i7 and nvidia
>cry even more when zen comes out and it performs like faildozer>>57957252
>>
>>57957914
so nvidia and intel fanboys really are pouty children and self-identified 'meme-masters' after all
>>
>>57957601
What kind of 470 should I get?

I want to keep it around 150$
>>
>>57957967
Eh, fanboy stuff is kinda dumb, 500 bucks gaming pc for a 13 yearold also is kinda silly. I guess i got 5 years off of a phenom ii x6, which was my 13 year old memestation. Id just buy him a good cpu and small ssd, because getting your mother to buy a motherboard and cpu is gonna be alot more difficult then swapping gpus later down the line and that kid probably wont have a job for a good 3 years.
>>
>>57954346
best for $500
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mpWbRG
>>
no joke, find a pc on the side of the road and use that CPU. You'll most likely find an AMD Phenom CPU which work pretty damn well and you can get a good cooler and motherboard with the cost difference
>>
File: uouo.jpg (68KB, 400x400px)
uouo.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
>>57954346
>AM3+
>fx-4300
>ddr3-1333
>1050
>HDD
>windows 10

you fucked up, and you fucked up hard senpai.

even with a regular ps4 you would have better performance in games than with your shitty outdated poorfag AMD build

if you spent 140 dollars less you'd have a ps4 pro, which has almost double the gaming power of your pc

just let that build die.

the only way you'd have similar or better performance to a ps4pro is if you'd spent around 800 dollars on your pc and bought a i5-6600, 16 gb ddr4 ram and at least a gtx 1060
>>
>>57954346
lol just buy used, and you can easily make a 1440p build for $500
>>
>>57954346
>tfw when i was that age i was forced to use a celeron and one of the lowest end ATI cards available
die
>>
AMD cpu Nvidia gpu used to be true patrician core but since Bulldozer... Oh boy, it still hurts.

Right now chart looks like this.

Patrician: Intel/Nvidia
Hopelessly optimistic: Intel/AMD
Oh shit nigger what are you doing: AMD/AMD.
Old but forgotten council member of Rome: AMD/Nvidia.
>>
I want to get the fuck out my brother from mine pc.
What is cheapest pc that could run gta v on low?
Cheaper = better
>>
>>57954346
That's horrendous
>>
>>57954346
>AMD CPU
Do you hate your brother?
>>
>>57962251
Bought to say I was going to sell my build for around 650 come next spring for my motorcycle.
6600k with a noctua NH-L12
EVGA stinger z170
2x8gb 2400mhz
EVGA hadron case with 500w gold PSU included
240gb Kingston boot SSD
500gb crucial storage SSD
>>
^ won't let me reply to myself on mobile
Also EVGA gtx 980sc reference
>>
>>57954346
>FX-4300
I wouldn't even recommend that to someone I hated
>>
>>57954346
>FX-4300

It's a 4 year old cpu that was mediocre even when it was new
>>
>>57963028
Also not op
>>
Build related is miles better and at the ideal price-point of $420 for a budget build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HCCzXH
>>
>>57954346
OP PLEASE DONT GET AMD, I KNOW WHAT YOURE SAYING
>MUH BUDGET
GET AN i3 6100
I made the mistake of getting amd fx 8320, i wish i had gotten an i5
>>
>>57954346
Found a better build for your poor ass.
>used workstation with a sandy bridge or later i5, $150
>decent power supply, $50
>rx 480, $200
>250gb SSD, $60
$460 with money for better parts if you want.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.