[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>PayPal suddenly freezes my acount and asks for photo ID and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: paypal email.png (38KB, 1304x768px) Image search: [Google]
paypal email.png
38KB, 1304x768px
>PayPal suddenly freezes my acount and asks for photo ID and utility bill to unfreeze
>not a phishing attempt because I independently logged in and yep, it's legit

WTF
I hardly sell anything on there. The odd £10 item that I don't want any more every few months.
Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just do it?

I'm not trying to hide from 'da gubbamint' (they're the ones who issue my passport/driving licence lel and they certainly know where I live)... but I do feel weird about PayPal having a passport/licence and bankstatement/bill copy.
>>
File: paypal login.png (46KB, 1304x768px) Image search: [Google]
paypal login.png
46KB, 1304x768px
(independent private mode login)
>>
Never keep much money in your paypal account because they have a habit of pulling this shit with random accounts just so they don't have to let go of your money for a month or two and can keep earning interest on it.
>>
someone might have tried logging into your account a bunch and froze it.
>>
Blame it on Elon
>>
File: 608.jpg (36KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
36KB, 709x765px
>>57953681
good advice pham
>>57953708
I've got 2-step (SMS) on so wouldn't I have been alerted? Some people say you just get randomly selected for this. Like jury duty.
>>57953727
blame Drumpf!

Fuck it, I gave in. Sent the scans. What else could I do unless I never want to use PayPal any more. This is our world now. Welcome to the botnet.
>>
>>57953543
they've been doing that shit for ages

I just always get my money out of there as soon as possible, I'll rather trust my bank than paypal
>>
I lost 200$ because of that, I was a minor, they froze my account, asked for id I upload it and they delete my account because I'm minor.
Fucking paypal jews, I never used anything else than bitcoin since then.
>>
>>57955696
IF this happend to me i would be so fucking pissed, holy shit i just want to strangle all those 9gag musk shills
>>
thank you for this thread OP, I have a few hundred sitting in my paypal right now and didn't think anything of it

i thought stuff like this only happened to people who commit infractions or scam, this is some serious bullshit
>>
>log into paypal right now
>decide to transfer funds
>you need to link a bank first or opt for a check

fuck

I opted for a check last time, but I highly doubt that is a good idea during this time of year. I guess it will have to sit in paypal until I burn through it all on ebay next year.

Wish me luck lads, pray that this should not happen to me

and OP, you have my legitimate condolences, as I've had bogus shit of this nature happen to me before, and I know it sucks to have to bend the knee
>>
>>57953543
do you have any money on paypal.
if no:
just make a new email and new account
if yes;
>keeping money in paypal
>>
THIS IS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE
>>
I dislike arabs
>>
>>57953543
when you reach a threshold they require you to do that.

think it was £1000.
>>
Good, you deserve it.
>>
>>57955696
You are literally retarded and deserve to be gassed.
>>
You have to do this with bitcoin too if you're buying them anywhere but an ATM or locally. It's because people try to avoid paying taxes on things.

Blame the free market Jews for trying to cheat and forcing the government's hand.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.