[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF Signal SUCKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Signal.png (43KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Signal.png
43KB, 512x512px
Just tried out Signal Messenger. I came from Telegram and tried switching to Signal cause I heard it was more secure.
Holy ****, Signal is absolutely horrendous.
* Double check marks appear even when the other has not seen the message
* Cannot clear history
* Bubbles are bigger and therefore you see less compared to Telegram
* Can't see when someone's typing

It's SHIT.
>>
Ok
>>
>>57943281
>Cannot clear history
wtf does this mean? are you too stupid to figure out how to delete a conversation?
>>
>>57943628
I did recommend signal to a person I'll assume with the IQ of 70 and they couldn't figure this out.
>>
>>57943628
You can delete a conversation, but the other person's conversation and messages will still be there. AKA, deleting is useless.
In Telegram, deleting the history will also force delete from their side.
>>
>>57943671
I work for an immigration attorney and roughly 70% of my job is forwarding photos of legal documents our clients have on telegram, Viber, and what's app to my boss's email because these fresh off the boat Uzbeks don't know how to use iphones even though it's the first thing they buy when they get to America (usually second or third-hand, sometimes with a cracked screen)
>>
>>57943730
I didn't realise you want an app that can forcefully delete things from your phone without your permission.
>>
>>57943671
their real iq is 7, assuming iq is relevant at all

[spoiler]it isn't[/spoiler]
>>
>>57943281
>care about privacy
>want an app that tells someone your activity

Who gives a shit if you can't see if someone's typing or not, you nosy cunt?
>>
>>57943281
not having read receipts and typing notifications is by design. this is a secure messaging app.
clearing history from someone else's device is a really fucking stupid idea and couldn't work reliably anyway. if someone wants to save your conversation, he can. screenshots, pictures and things like that exist.
>>
>heard it was more secure
Telegram is garbage if this is what you're after.

>Proprietary server
>haha dude let's roll our own crypto
Don't even bother.
>>
>>57943281
>double check marks appear when the other has not seen the message
They did but didn't want to reply to you.
>>
>>57943281
>* Double check marks appear even when the other has not seen the message
That "seen" feature doesn't exist for privacy reasons. I would like an option to allow it though
>* Cannot clear history
That's news to me
>* Bubbles are bigger and therefore you see less compared to Telegram
It's a bit spammy, but ok for IM client, you aren't supposed to send essays over it
>* Can't see when someone's typing
Also privacy feature

You wanted to use something with more privacy and security and complain about "features" not being in there that violate those 2 things.
>>
>>57943281
>wanting read receipts/knowledge of when the other person is typing/the ability to force edit content on their phone
>wanting privacy and security
Pick one
Back when I had an iPhone 4s as my first smartphone I intentionally disabled all of those
The chat bubble complaint is just fucking stupid
>>
>>57943730
sounds like a bunch of snailoil to me.
How would you verify the other party doesn't block those requests and/or has means to save the conversation outside the telegram client?
So unless you trust the other party, this feature ist useless. And if you trust the other party, just ask them to delete.
>>
>>57943872
>if you trust the other party, just ask them to delete
so much this. if you can't trust the person you are messaging with a copy of your messages, why would you use secure messaging with them to begin with?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.