[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bspwm or i3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: BwOh5Z5.png (28KB, 1920x1080px)
BwOh5Z5.png
28KB, 1920x1080px
with one you recomend me and why
>>
awesome
>>
>>57933910
i3
>>57934264
awesome's tiling is shit
>>
awesomewm

>>57934393
>awesome's tiling is shit
No, it isn't. It has about a dozen different configurations. You an also increase and decrease the amount of columns both master and non-master windows have using a simple keyboard shortcut.

If that doesn't satisfy you there are many add-ons you can install that add more tiling configurations (lain comes to mind) OR you can write your own if you'd like because LUA is easy.
>>
I3 gaps
>>
>>57933910
why dont you try them both for a while and then decide for yourself?
>being this autistic
>>
i3wm, ignore the idiots that say i3-gaps
>>
>>57934960
gaps are good, it helps make everything easier to read
>>
>>57934548
This
>>57935070
>>
i3gaps, or awesome
>>
>>57934960
gaps has improvements and doesn't require you to use the gaps. A single application on a workspace shouldn't have a border. The default i3 doesn't allow you to change that as a setting. i3-gaps does.

Why is it always the tripfags posting the most inane and idiotic shit?
>>
>>57934473
Actually writing tiling configurations is not exactly simple with awesome. It's the hardest god damn thing to do in it.
>>
>>57934473
Why would I want to write one? I would prefer to have them adaptable and flexible, not having to edit scripts
>>
>>57935503
Then look up lain for awesome. Adds some cool tiling configurations, like center master plus four smaller tiles around it.
>>
>>57935130
what improvements does it have beside gaps?

Also
>what is "hide_edge_borders both"
>>
>>57935130
i3 sounds shit
>>
>>57934548
Came here to post this
>>
>>57933910
bspwm just because i3 takes longer to learn how to use
>>
2bwm
>>
>>57935130
>using borders
>>
>>57935130
>A single application on a workspace shouldn't have a border. The default i3 doesn't allow you to change that as a setting.
Was added in the latest version of i3
>>
dunno

I use openbox

I guess i3 is good bspwn is more hip but weird.

both pretty autist desu
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.