[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best non-destructive open source audio editor ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What is the best non-destructive open source audio editor ?
>>
A reel-to-reel tape machine.
>>
>open source
>non-destructive
>>
>>57932519
I had in mind software, not hardware.

>>57932524
epic joke, friend
>>
pretty much all Windows editors are non-destructive or at least save the individual sample seperately
>>
>>57933501
I'm asking for an open source one. I know well proprietary ones.
>>
It's a DAW, but Ardour is the only one non-destructive and open source I can think of. I'm not sure if Jokosher is non destructive and I know there's an old one called sweep, developed by Pixar, but i've never seen it.
>>
>>57933755
And the all the obvious free daws like QTractor, LMMS and the like
>>
umm audacity?????LOL
>>
>>57933820
Eh trackers aren't good for prerecorded audio editing.

>>57933755
What's with the subscription thing in Ardour? If I compile the source myself do I still have to pay up to have the thing not short out the audio?

>>57933857
Audacity is destructive, after a piece of audio is deleted there's no way to get it back if you save and open the project again.
>>
>>57933893
Ardour is GPL. If you want to download a pre-compiled version they ask for a donation, but if you're using Linux you can find a third-party repository and it's fine. If you can find pre compiled packages for other OSes is also fine
>>
>>57932482
What do you mean by non-destructive? What kind of edits are non-destructive?
>>
>>57934330
>>57933893
Oh, I see what you mean. Basically the source contents are modified in-place when you save your project, but instead you're saving a lossless copy of the original + a description of the filter graph
>>
>>57934341
>>57934330
Proprietary DAWs work like a video editor. You can cut and extend clips without getting rid of the original content. In Audacity one is directly editing with samples rather than files.
>>
>>57933893
>What's with the subscription thing in Ardour?
Debian and Ubuntu have free packages
>>
>>57934389
>Proprietary DAWs work like a video editor.
Free DAWs also work like a video editor, non-destructively
Audacity is the equivalent to Steinberg Wavelab, not a DAW
>>
Foobar and mpv
>>
File: g2351.jpg (137KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
g2351.jpg
137KB, 1200x1200px
>>57932524
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.