[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know why 2242 ssds are going up in price??? Like what the shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 11[1].jpg (217KB, 1017x861px) Image search: [Google]
11[1].jpg
217KB, 1017x861px
Anyone know why 2242 ssds are going up in price??? Like what the shit.
>>
>literally a google search away

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3148290/hardware/prepare-for-a-spike-in-ssd-prices.html
>>
because they're shit
>>
>>57926961
>because they're shit
/thread
nobody want them.
so they'll drive the price up to make it look like they're premium.
but rlly they're worthless at such expensive fucking rates
>>
>>57926881
SSDs in general are going up in price. Samsung's 850 evos used to be a lot cheaper in 2014/2015 compared to now due to low stock+high demand, and THEN after the 850 was already in the market did they come out with the objectively shitty 750 this year and raised the prices of the 850 hoping idiots would thing the 850 came out after the 750.

Also >>57926956 this guy gets it. Manufactures price gouge like crazy all the time and some even get sued for creating artificial shortages by holding back on production at certain times of the year.
>>
>>57927010
that's not how economy works
>>
>>57927010
>nobody want them.
>so they'll drive the price up
>hurr durr if they don't want them in the first place they'll sure af want them if they're more expensive hurr
>>
>HDDs cost at least twice as much as they should at this point because muh 2011 floods
>SSD prices now to go up

Wtf? Technology prices used to go down with time, did they not?
>>
>>57927392
Other shit is still going down though.

I3 6100 is 20aud cheaper than the i3 4170 was.
>>
>not already having your storage, including 5 year old HDD
Feels good to have impeccable caviar black, health still good

Also SATA express use that if you want faster SSD
>>
>>57927656
Meanwhile new unlocked i5/i7s are going up by 25 bucks every generation. Shits aids
>>
>>57927306
then explain apple
>>
>>57927306
True. That is how marketing and sales works.

Ever notice how in the supermarket they will almost always have at least three versions of the same item (ketchup for the sake of the example).
Cheap ketchup, expensive ketchup and one priced in between? Most customers will avoid the cheapest thinking it is crap and also steer clear of the expensive 'exclusive' one because they want to save money hence they go for the perceived middle-ground.
Thing is, often the medium-priced one will cost the same buying engross as the cheap as fuck one.
>>
>>57928639
>then explain apple
Apple doesn't work the way you desperately want to believe it works. Each iteration the price hardly moves but the percieved value improves.
>>
>>57927392
Taiwan is a dangerous place for DRAM/NAND-factories.
So many fires, such a shame.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.