[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Can Elon Musk do something against the fossil fuel industry and warmongers such as Boeing or Lockheed, or am I just the most cucked fanboy ever?
>>
Nah, he's gonna get killed like the bitch he is.
>>
>>57925812
>Boeing or Lockheed
He's already trying to challenge them (ULA) and so far isn't doing super well.
>>
>>57925812
>space tourism
HAH as if that will ever take off until it's actually safe, and something other than 50mill
would be easier to sell simulators with super computers than it is to sell astronaut wings
>>
>>57925812
His companies are far better than the shit we had before.

> Space X is literally hundred times better than NASA (aka. the DMV of space exploration)

> Teslas are hundred times more efficient and faster than your average shitty Prius.

> SolarCity is one of the best solar companies ever to exist
>>
File: 1476146073840.jpg (3MB, 3938x2625px) Image search: [Google]
1476146073840.jpg
3MB, 3938x2625px
>>57925812
It would be pity is someone bombed that spaceX facility
>>
>>57925812
i really dislike this faggot
>>
>>57926319
It's funny because he's actually pretty cool if you talk to him in person but his whole fanbase/internet meme status makes you want to hate him.
>>
>>57926260
>needing funding from over 7 countries for one aircraft
>can't even beat an f22, f16, typhoon or any of its competitors in a dogfight
why even...
>>
>>57926960
>his whole fanbase/internet meme status makes you want to hate him.

That's pretty dumb.
>>
>>57927032
Yeah, I'll admit it is pretty stupid but hey, that's just how I feel. But as I said, based on the times I've interacted with him he actually seems like a very knowledgable and down to earth dude.
>>
>>57925812
if he can get his whole vision of electric cars being a big part of the automobile industry then I guess. space x is a success. solarcity and their technologies seem promising if people find the price attractive for solar roofs and batteries.

I don't know much about the musk fan base, how bad is it, do people think he will save the world from the evil corporations or some shit?
>>
>>57927016
(You)
>>
File: 1472000787893.jpg (667KB, 1430x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1472000787893.jpg
667KB, 1430x1352px
>>57927016
Using the dogfight meme
>>
>>57925812
I'd like to believe so, but not while we have a climate change denier as president of the united states
>>
>>57927063

There seems to be a pretty rabid fanbase that's into mythmaking. Musk is basically a bit like a pop star for business. I guess people just love space rockets.

With that said, he is in charge of a bunch of company that are actually visionary and pushing boundaries rather than going for "safe" investments.
>>
>>57925812
>warmongers such as Boeing or Lockheed
He can and he's already doing that. SpaceX is just a facade to get the technology that will make ICBMs cheap, something that will revolutionize US war tactics. No more drone shit. Need to bomb some sand people? Just launch an smallish and cute ICBM from american land and 40 minutes later you have done your job for a fraction of the price of having expensive planes on the other side of the world. I know it because my uncle works for nintendo.
>>
>>57928487
>muh multi-role fighter
It's proven to be cheaper to have multiple planes doing different jobs.
>>
>>57928487
>shit free space posting
>>
>>57925812
He's admirably ambitious, but if you're a fanboy you're cucked either way because you're a cocksucker slobbering over some other guy's cock.
>>
Can Elon Musk do anything besides swindling techretarded investors?
>>
>>57929468
If an ICBM launches, all other countries will launch their ICBMs within a minute.
Please feel free to stop posting though.
>>
>>57931413
Can't they just intercept ICBMs nowadays?
>>
>>57933197
its almost impossible to do
>>
>>57931413
That's why you gotta trick em. Lauch duds and get them to blow their wad. Who's fucked now? IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!
>>
>>57929482
And you can totally cite some sources on that, right? Of course you can.
>>
>>57930535

We can achieve shit-free spaceposting if we stop Indians from getting into outer space and giving planet Earth a Saturn ring of fecal matter.
>>
Was the "ufo" which blew up that SpaceX rocket on the launchpad something engineered by Boeing or Lockheed? It seems possible they might've been behind the loss of that rocket in order to hurt their new competition. Corporate warfare right there.
>>
>>57925812
Elon musk is a big faggot who likes women. Real men fuck big black gangsters up the ass and slap them around like a bitch
>>
Tesla and SpaceX will be known as revolutionary disruptive companies that'll probably go down as some of the most innovative companies of the early 21st century. But Solarcity is a sinking ship. They're losing money on every solar panel they sell. The Tesla-Solarcity merger was stupid, since it tied a successful and ever expanding company to a company on the decline, and accruing a lot debt. Not to mention silicon PV tech is maturing and I don't think they could reduce the prices of PVs to the point where it could compete with Gas generators without subsidies and the ROI is still around 15 years. Silicon PVs won't be the future of Solar power because the production of silicon PVs require a shit ton of energy and lots of rare earth minerals. Energy payback for a PV is around 3 years. Multilayered Perovskite solar cells is the future of Solar power and perhaps even energy, as the production of Perovskites solar cells requires significant less energy and uses materials that aren't rare or expensive, and it has a higher efficiency threshold than Silicon PV. Although there's still issues with stability s, but it's a problem that is currently being solved and many expect Perovskite solar cells to be on the market by 2019.
>>
>>57934007
All of his businesses fail at first, he had to pay people to use PayPal at first, now look at it
>>
>>57933757
Sure Elon, keep searching ULA's building i'm sure you'll find the remote control for the drone.
>>
>>57926035
Bezos is the space tourism guy. He's in the business because he sees a huge business opportunity beyond all else. He's not terribly interested in anything further out than the moon's orbit.

Musk is more interested in extended space travel to enable significant human populations living on bodies beyond the Earth-moon system, and eventually one day, beyond our little neighborhood of Sector 001. His belief is that the technology we build today for colonizing Mars will quickly snowball (much as avionics did in the 1900s) and put our species on track to live not just on other planets in our own solar system, but anywhere the propulsion systems of that era will take us.
>>
>>57936004
I'm fine with both existing because they're both making getting into space cheaper and putting a stop to the disgusting levels of stagnation the industry has reached under the rule of Old Space and clueless congressmen whose only interests lie in pumping cash into their respective states. In fact, I believe it's best that both continue to exist because it ensures competition and ensures that mankind's future in space isn't riding entirely on the fate of a single company.
>>
>>57928487
wow looks like a real piece of shit plane
>>
>>57929235
>I guess people just love space rockets.
More than that, people love seeing rocket companies making rapid progress and actively pushing forward instead of riding a couple of ancient models into the ground, and they love the idea that we might actually be doing something meaningful in human spaceflight before the century's end.

Of course there's no guarantee that Musk will pull it off, but it's really the only hope space fans have. Going by ULA's schedule we might start considering if we should start thinking about maybe going to Mars 30 years from now if we're lucky, and with all of the delays, presidential transitions, and congressional mission recombobulations along the way factored in that figure is probably more like 50 years from today at best.
>>
>>57934007
The entire reason SolarCity was flopping on their own is because its management didn't know what the fuck it was doing.

Now that it's been bought by Tesla, said management will be replaced by Tesla's and SC will be under Elon's direct control. Don't be surprised if Tesla's new solar division performs dramatically better than SC alone could ever hope to.
>>
>>57926115
How is spaceX better then nasa? Because they reused a rocket. Nasa litteraly took living people to the moon landed and then brought them back home. Oh and they did it with a computer with less power then those musical halmark cards.
>>
>>57936530
>>57936004
>>57936192

Putting people in space was only useful for cold-war dick-waving. NASA wasted decades doing it with the Shuttle, the only real point of which was to carry humans. Now Musk wants to waste decades more putting boots on the ground on Mars.

Unmanned missions get you more science for less money and less risk. NASA at least still does some of that. Musk should stick to doing something useful, namely putting satellites, not people, in orbit for cheaper.
>>
>>57938331
The shuttle was a failure for two reasons:

1) The original proposed program was chopped down to do much less after the government decided it was spending too much on NASA

2) They pushed forward anyway after it had become blatantly apparent that the shuttle model of reusability wasn't reusable at all

The result was an abomination that did less than it should have while costing far more than it should have, all while being NASA's only way of getting into space. It was a bloody mess, and space travel needn't be like that.

As far as probes vs. people go, probes are fine for science in limited capacities but there are simply whole classes of missions that simply won't be possible humanoid robots with highly advanced AI are available – something that won't happen until several decades from now at best – and until then we're stuck with building absurdly expensive custom-designed limited-function single-purpose probes for every single mission.
>>
>>57938466 (cont)
The costs incurred by not being able to send mass-produced generic hardware out there alone would be better spent making human spaceflight more viable, because with human spaceflight you CAN do things on a mass scale and bring costs down to something reasonable.
>>
>>57927016
>multi role fighter
>cant beat air dominance fighter F-22

Woooow

Also its 2016 not 1945, dogfighting is not the main role, especially with missles like the AIM-9X existing
>>
We should be pouring our efforts into more efficient/safer launch technologies (mass drivers, orbital elevators, etc.) and establishing a permanent presence on the moon. If we have a permanent lunar base, we can mine the moon and build spaceships IN space. Compared to the Earth, it's a lot easier to transport heavy shit off the moon. There's no way we're going to be able to build massive interplanetary ships and space colonies until we have a presence on the moon. The costs would be unbearable.

Why the fuck send an unmanned mission somewhere just to analyze the mineral content of rocks or take color pictures of planets? That's useless science unless we want to go there and harvest materials or colonize. Even if we found life on other planets, unless we send a mission to collect it and bring it back to Earth, it would still be a useless mission. Interstellar missions are even more pointless, and possibly even DANGEROUS considering we might alert aliens to our presence, and it would take an incredible amount of time to send to useful data back to Earth, even if a mission managed to accomplish something.
>>
>>57938489
I agree with your points.

it is only after the fact , do we know that the shuttle cost more per launch AND carried a smaller payload then the previous Saturn rockets
it has taken 36 launches to get the ISS to where it is today, if we had used a Saturn V rocket instead, we could have built the ISS in its current form in about ~5-6 launches

I am not saying there is no place for a shuttle, or something like that, but for carrying cargo it was garbage.
>>
>>57938515
You don't even need fighters anymore UNLESS you're planning on fighting other fighters. If you want to go blow something up, just strap a missile onto a drone. If you want to intercept a missile, we have laser defense systems for that shit. The only role left for a fighter is dogfighting, if your fighter can't dogfight, why does it even exist?
>>
File: 662790main_lcc-apollo.jpg (905KB, 2221x1776px) Image search: [Google]
662790main_lcc-apollo.jpg
905KB, 2221x1776px
>>57925812
Yes you are. You should uncuck yourself befor you fuck yourself.

Elon Musk is a fucking mediaboi. He brags about being Cool As Shit™ on Burning Man. If he was really in for it, he wouldn't piss away his time on that crap.

And his Hyperloop...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

...nope, plain secondary school physics say why it's wrong.

>>57936530
Yes, NASA used shitty computers. But on the other hand, they was reliable. And there was thousands of engineers etc on 24/7 watch.
>>
>>57938856
Not him but since you touched the point... Even for dogfighting, are planes still actually needed?
I imagine that drones might have a slower response time, but wouldn't that be offset by the advantages of dispatching a few, plus the fact that you could make more risky maneuvers since there's no risk of losing the pilot?
>>
File: JUST fuck my spaceships up.jpg (128KB, 794x530px) Image search: [Google]
JUST fuck my spaceships up.jpg
128KB, 794x530px
is there anyone this huckster can't swindle?
>>
File: Tesla-Super-Chargers-BostonTx.jpg (89KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla-Super-Chargers-BostonTx.jpg
89KB, 660x330px
>proprietary charging system

Stallman is spinning in his grave
>>
>>57925812
Solar is a meme, nuclear is where the world is going (slowly).
>>
File: vaa35tfzon2y.png (16KB, 632x404px) Image search: [Google]
vaa35tfzon2y.png
16KB, 632x404px
Not with a science denying right-wing government, no. The Trump administration literally put out hit pieces on Elon because he poses a threat to the financial interests of all of the oil executives in Trump's cabinet.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.